Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Skipping skool for halo 3?

Post New Thread Reply   

Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 09-26-2007 , 10:29   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Suzuka View Post
Violent games don't do that to people (so say double blind studies and tests). They boost adrenaline levels temporarily, and have all kinds of effects, none of which are more severe than a game of touch football.

Though, touch football IS pretty hard core. perhaps too hard core for most children. That is why they should play EXTREEEME hopscotch.
EXTREEEEEME Hopscotch is so EXTREEEEME!!

It's almost as EXTREEEEME as FULL CONTACT CHESS or EXTREEEME Shuffleboard!
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?
TheNewt
Donor
Old 09-26-2007 , 11:32   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #52

HalfLife wasn't as gorey and graphic as most games today too. And yes I confirmed yesterday that people selling rated M games to anyone under 17 is now a criminal charge and does lead to jail time. I talked to several GameStop employees and GameCrazy employees while picking up (4 different copies) Halo 3. Talk about too many copies in one house hold...
Dad preorders 1 at GameCrazy, goes to gamestop a month later thinkin ghe hasn't preordered Halo 3 yet, preorders another copy there. I preordered a copy, and picked up my older bro's copy for him too. We ended up with 1 Limited Edition, and 3 Legedary edition copies...
My dad preordered 2 limited editions, but GameCrazy had 24 LEFT OVER legendary editions (that weren't preordered for someone else) so my dad just bought one of those instead lol. (They carded my dad 4 times too, one for each copy, and then I got carded for my copy)
I mean DAMN dude. O.o
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 09-26-2007 , 13:59   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath View Post
HalfLife wasn't as gorey and graphic as most games today too. And yes I confirmed yesterday that people selling rated M games to anyone under 17 is now a criminal charge and does lead to jail time. I talked to several GameStop employees and GameCrazy employees while picking up (4 different copies) Halo 3. Talk about too many copies in one house hold...
Dad preorders 1 at GameCrazy, goes to gamestop a month later thinkin ghe hasn't preordered Halo 3 yet, preorders another copy there. I preordered a copy, and picked up my older bro's copy for him too. We ended up with 1 Limited Edition, and 3 Legedary edition copies...
My dad preordered 2 limited editions, but GameCrazy had 24 LEFT OVER legendary editions (that weren't preordered for someone else) so my dad just bought one of those instead lol. (They carded my dad 4 times too, one for each copy, and then I got carded for my copy)
I mean DAMN dude. O.o
Do you live in america? Because in america, unless its state mandated, the rating doesn't have to be upheld, though most stores do.
Old 09-26-2007 , 14:09   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Do you live in america? Because in america, unless its state mandated, the rating doesn't have to be upheld, though most stores do.
He is Swedish.

And in Sweden as in Finland the rule he stated exists. I dunno if you go to jail for that in Finland though.

(Correct me MD if you don't live in Sweden though).
BANNED
Old 09-26-2007 , 14:24   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Patria Finland View Post
He is Swedish.

And in Sweden as in Finland the rule he stated exists. I dunno if you go to jail for that in Finland though.

(Correct me MD if you don't live in Sweden though).
I am Swedish, and I know that there is no law against selling 18+ rated video games to kids. PEGI is just for guidance, to help you choose the right video game. See pegi.info for more info.

"Åldersmärkningssystemet kommer att innehålla några mindre variationer i Portugal och fungerar inte i Tyskland på grund av att där finns ett enligt lag obligatoriskt åldersmärkningssystem."

"The age marking system will contain some variations in Portugal and doesn't wrok in Germany becose there is an obligatory age marking system".

"
The Pan-European Game Information (PEGI) age rating system was established in 2003 to help European parents make informed decisions on buying interactive games."

There is no obligatory rating system in Sweden, and if there was a law about selling 18+ rated video games to underage kids, the game publishers wouldnt put the PEGI symbols on their games.

Last edited by potatis_invalido; 09-26-2007 at 14:34.
Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2007 , 16:40   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #56

Lies...I broke my leg during EXTREEEME hopscotch!

Anyways, ESRB ratings prevent the games from being SOLD to minors; not played by them. Those under 17 can still play the game with parent approval (indicated by the parent buying the game).
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 09-26-2007 , 18:08   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Destros View Post
Lies...I broke my leg during EXTREEEME hopscotch!

Anyways, ESRB ratings prevent the games from being SOLD to minors; not played by them. Those under 17 can still play the game with parent approval (indicated by the parent buying the game).
They don't prevent shit. They are GUIDELINES; there is no laws about enforcement.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 09-26-2007 , 18:11   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
They don't prevent shit. They are GUIDELINES; there is no laws about enforcement.
Meh... it's just major companies follow these ratings to get in good with the government, or whoever.
bad
Old 09-26-2007 , 18:41   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
Meh... it's just major companies follow these ratings to get in good with the government, or whoever.
Not the goverment, idiot. Soccer moms.

Anyway, here, Halo 3 sucks, this proves it:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...016#post536016
Donor
Old 09-26-2007 , 21:02   Re: Skipping skool for halo 3?
Reply With Quote #60

Your right Suzuka, the last 8 employee's (from different stores, 6 at 3 different GameStops & and 2 from GameCrazy) all told me the exact same thing. I'm just fk'n crazy.
I don't live in america, I live in California
-10 minutes later-
So I researched it a little bit and I found a couple of interesting articles
Quote:
Co-sponsored by Senators Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY), Joe Lieberman (D-CT), and Evan Bayh (D-IN), would prohibit the sale or renting of games with the ESRB ratings M-, AO ("Adults Only") or RP ("Rating Pending") to anyone under 17. Disregard for the law would subject store managers to fines of $1,000 or more and community service of at least 100 hours
So maybe not jail time, but you could get community service or a fine. Still inda sucks doesn't it?