Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SM_BEACON

Post New Thread Reply   

TFN|Nick
Old 12-04-2007 , 07:31   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #51

Sorry... let myself slip there. The thing is that, like sessus has said, your plugin is now dependent on sm_super_menu, which is bad because now server admins using sm_admin must either program it into sm_admin themselves or move to super_menu... and if sm_admin is already configured how they like, its not going to happen.

For the half hour it would take to do, is it not worth it? It'll add better functionality to sm_admin and allow users who want to use either super menu or admin to use your plugin. Win Win.

I found the link here for how to put it on: http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Admin_Men...d_Scripting%29

I have tested the plugin and it works great, but as i have said, there is no support for the sm_admin which i use so i can't really do much with it atm, and it is not worth switching to super_menu if that is going to sm_admin.

Oh well, thats just my thoughts on it. Would be nice to be able to use it on our server and pester all those n00bs
Send a message via MSN to TFN|Nick
TechKnow
Old 12-04-2007 , 16:38   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #52

One of my posts that explained that I am a 3erd party plugin scripter as most scripters here was deleted. I do not have access or the authortity to add any plugins to the core of Sourcemod or its menu. I would have been so honored if my sm_beacon was added as part of the core. And by what I can tell, you CAN add any including my sm_beacon plugin to sm_admin menu yourself. If you need help on this please ask pRED* to walk you thru it step by step as i feel he will have to do to many others. He has helped one already. I do feel that sm_beacon should have been added to the Sourcemod core because it works in ALL source multiplayer games and on both windows and linux platforms. I would have added sm_beacon to sm_admin if I had the access and authority. So please direct all comments of sm_beacon not added to the menu or how to add it yourself to pRED*. He is the one that made the menus and decided not to add it.

TechKnow

Last edited by TechKnow; 12-04-2007 at 16:41.
Tekniqal
Old 12-04-2007 , 16:53   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechKnow View Post
One of my posts that explained that I am a 3erd party plugin scripter as most scripters here was deleted. I do not have access or the authortity to add any plugins to the core of Sourcemod or its menu. I would have been so honored if my sm_beacon was added as part of the core. And by what I can tell, you CAN add any including my sm_beacon plugin to sm_admin menu yourself. If you need help on this please ask pRED* to walk you thru it step by step as i feel he will have to do to many others. He has helped one already. I do feel that sm_beacon should have been added to the Sourcemod core because it works in ALL source multiplayer games and on both windows and linux platforms. I would have added sm_beacon to sm_admin if I had the access and authority. So please direct all comments of sm_beacon not added to the menu or how to add it yourself to pRED*. He is the one that made the menus and decided not to add it.

TechKnow
Dude you dont get it...
You dont need any authority to add items to the sm_admin menu. Just code it in your plugin. SM is designed to let authors add whatever they want to menu. You dont have to get help from pred, just code it in.
Old 12-04-2007 , 19:12   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekniqal View Post
Dude you dont get it...
You dont need any authority to add items to the sm_admin menu. Just code it in your plugin. SM is designed to let authors add whatever they want to menu. You dont have to get help from pred, just code it in.
I second that. In addition, the only menu implementation Pred should 'authorise' is anything that has to do with his super_menu, which in turn is rather unnecessary if you only plan to add the beacon function to the menu.
TechKnow
Old 12-04-2007 , 22:02   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #55

Then there needs to be a section on what to ADD to your scripting plugin to make it show up in sm_admin. Please Direct me to this and I will add it to sm_beacon.

TechKnow
Bloodlvst
Old 12-05-2007 , 00:18   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #56

Read the wiki? Use the search button? Et cetera, et cetera???
TechKnow
Old 12-05-2007 , 01:23   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #57

If it is so simple and it is there please make me look stupid and show me.

TechKnow
pRED*
Old 12-05-2007 , 02:01   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #58

How about the link Nick posted on the top of this page?
TechKnow
Old 12-05-2007 , 04:20   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #59

Well that looks like something to do with the menu but I am too stupid to figure it out.. I do not understand how it works so i can't do it, I'm too stupid, I have had no school or training on this. If anyone wants they can do the modifications and post the new plugin as the admin menu beacon because I can not do it because it is too complicated for me, I'm stupid.

TechKnow
Bloodlvst
Old 12-05-2007 , 09:52   Re: SM_BEACON
Reply With Quote #60

No one here has had school or traning. You learn as you go.

Best way to find out is to find a plugin that adds to the menu and look at its code. You'll be sure to find it in there.