Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

entourage
Old 04-01-2015 , 14:58   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomala View Post
After today's update this plugin crashes my server whenever someone connects up to play. Anyone else having issues?
I noticed that as well and disabled the plugin. I tried updating to the latest nightly snapshot of sourcemod and metamod but it doesn't appear to have solved the problem either.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2015 , 20:34   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #582

Update tf2items

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Munckeyz
Old 04-16-2015 , 05:17   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #583

Not sure if it's related to this plugin or to TF2items, but it seems like the Iron Bomber and Quickiebomb Launcher have the same properties as their stock counterparts.
Tomala
Old 04-19-2015 , 01:09   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Update tf2items
Thanks.
Old 07-15-2015 , 17:05   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #585

When i install this plugin, it works still 98% perfect. Only when i enable HATS and WEAPONS, then i still have surten lag spikes...

If i disable HATS only weapons everything works smooth.

But there ar still a few good servers around with this plugin that do not hickup when HATS and WEAPONS ar enabled.....

Does anybody like to help out with a edited plugin or updated version or something like that ? If it is possible ofcourse.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2015 , 21:58   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post
When i install this plugin, it works still 98% perfect. Only when i enable HATS and WEAPONS, then i still have surten lag spikes...

But there ar still a few good servers around with this plugin that do not hickup when HATS and WEAPONS ar enabled.....

Does anybody like to help out with a edited plugin or updated version or something like that ? If it is possible ofcourse.

I've created a Bot Weapon Randomizer Lite version that I haven't released yet, it works off of much faster processes over the clunky and broken TF2ItemsInfo, and only provides weapons (For CPU load sake, helps immensely with lag)

The only problem I've run into that is preventing a release, is the fact that only item sets are being read and used, and straight up random weapons are not occuring

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 07-15-2015 at 21:59.
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2015 , 02:21   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #587

@ Deathreus,

The lightversion with only item sets would be wonderfull and more then better then the orginal version that spikes the whole server up.

If you dont upload it can you PM me a copy. So i can test it up also. ? and goodworks so far mate
King Cnut
Old 07-16-2015 , 10:47   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post

It's because the plugin author has a history of writing plugins with glaring memory leaks and knows not how to fix them. The servers you play on that have a non-lagged version likely has a SM coder in their group that fixed the memory leaks.
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2015 , 12:06   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cnut View Post
It's because the plugin author has a history of writing plugins with glaring memory leaks and knows not how to fix them. The servers you play on that have a non-lagged version likely has a SM coder in their group that fixed the memory leaks.
It's not that he doesn't know how, it's that he doesn't want to, he's given up on everything and plays CS:GO

Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2015 , 15:34   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #590

They may not have necessarily fixed the memory leaks, but probably reloaded tf2itemsinfo on every map change and also disabled the watchdog timer.