0% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-01-2012 , 19:01   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindex View Post
Hey powerlord, did Eggmans’s 1.06 update have all of your fixes in there? Personally I want to wait for your recommendation.
Well, I only glanced at the code and haven't tried running it, but it appears that it includes the fixes I created for special_noanims and the attributes.

The only thing I see that could possibly go wrong is that the code to replace players weapons with new ones have extra spaces in them. After the string is split, they'll have an extra leading space for both weapon IDs and values.

However, whether that breaks anything depends on internal SourceMod stuff that I'd have to test... if StringToInt and StringToFloat trim spaces from the start, it's fine, if not then players weapons won't be substituted correctly. I'm guessing it works properly, though, as C's atoi and strtol functions discard all leading spaces, and other languages tend to follow C's lead here.

The easiest way to find out is to test it: Spawn as a Pyro with the Flare Gun equipped and see if you get one with the detonator's flare explode ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugger View Post
tell em what im doing wrong here

"ability1"
{
"name" "rage_new_weapon"
"arg0" "0"
"arg1" "tf_weapon_shotgun_primary"
"arg2" "9"
"arg3" "2 ; 9 ; 5 ; 1 ; 391 ; 99 ; 309 ; 1 ; 25 ; 0"
"arg4" "0"
"arg5" "4"
"arg6" "1"
"plugin_name" "special_noanims"
}

i have this general setup on 2 of my custom bosses and they can both still pick up ammo after i installed the 1.06. I got this from the fem spy and just made the weapons given different
A couple of things here:

1. arg1 needs to be the weapon classname, which is tf_weapon_shotgun (TF2Items uses classnames, and TF2Items is what gets called by FF2).
2. The FemSpy uses a Revolver. For item attributes, the Revolvers are marked as Secondary items, and the ammo limit attribute it uses is attribute 25 (hidden secondary max ammo penalty). I'm afraid I don't know the corresponding primary max ammo limit. If I had to guess, I'd guess 37 (hidden primary max ammo bonus) set to 0, but I'm not positive on that... this is the attribute the Huntsman uses to cut down from 26 bullets to 13 arrows with it being set to 0.5.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-01-2012 at 19:29. Reason: Merged previous post with this one.
war100ck
Old 05-01-2012 , 19:26   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Я не знаю прав ли я или нет но у вас в cfg файлов не доработки, либо я ошибаюсь , у вас не отоброжается оружие есле смотришь в спектатрах от третьего лица его попросту нет, вот мой пример , и думаю правильный , так как он работает и все видно;

у вас же нет отображения оружия от третьего лица, вот мой файл он уже вкл в себя частицы(эффекты):
Quote:
"weapon1"
{
"name" "tf_weapon_knife"
"index" "4"
"show" "1"
"attributes" "134 ; 35"
а вот ваш:
Quote:
"weapon1"
{
"name" "tf_weapon_knife"
"index" "225"
}
, куда делось у вас"show" "1"?

Sorry, but I am Russian and I can not write in English, I taught my mother Russia)

P.S Sorry friends, for a second response, I deleted it, but the truth is I'm not good at english

Last edited by war100ck; 05-01-2012 at 19:48.
war100ck
Old 05-01-2012 , 19:38   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

double post

Last edited by war100ck; 05-01-2012 at 19:40.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2012 , 19:40   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Edit your post, don't quote yourself. Your English seems to be fine, by the way...
Old 05-01-2012 , 20:05   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

i updated to 1.06 and it has been crashing clients on my server and it did not do this in 1.04
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2012 , 20:10   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
i updated to 1.06 and it has been crashing clients on my server and it did not do this in 1.04
ah there we go....me as well
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-01-2012 , 20:57   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
ah there we go....me as well
I know I'm not the main dev, but...

Is anything in particular happening when clients crash? For instance, are they crashing on spawn?

In particular, I'd like to know if people using things like the Flare Gun, Medigun, or Syringe Gun are crashing out... maybe the spaces in attributes are being parsed wrong, then.

In fact, here's a new one that changes lines 1999, 2025, and 2070 to the new attributes format.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freak_fortress_2.sp - 154 views - 161.3 KB)
File Type: smx freak_fortress_2.smx (84.6 KB, 164 views)
Old 05-01-2012 , 21:01   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

for me it seems to be a random like crash. im not quite sure but it happens early in the map. the server doesnt crash but it crashes the client's game
Buzzbrad
Old 05-01-2012 , 21:07   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I followed what they said and still cant get custom skins to work. THey just dont appear. There under the Mat_download and in the right directory.
Dugger
Old 05-01-2012 , 22:19   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

torqus nice boss, but i cannot get the materials to dl but the model did. i think its because hte materials are not in the freakfortress 2 folder in the materials
Closed Thread