Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

[Iam]Coyote
Old 01-01-2010 , 10:57   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
Are you running Force Mission Changer plugin ? As far as I remember it could be possible to adjust some settings which might result in such behavior. I read some posts about finale maps which ended without 2nd round. I never had the situation with L4DT extension.
The only Plugin i have installed is Superversus. But i tried with L4DT only and the server's behavior was still the same. I will try to install "Force Mission Changer" and take a look. I don't even know this Plugin as i am new to all this stuff.

Thank you for your fast reply.

Greetz,
[Iam]Coyote
Send a message via ICQ to [Iam]Coyote
D4rKr0W
Old 01-01-2010 , 13:07   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #572

Just a little feature request: could you please add a cvar to disable the "connect announcement" feature you added on the 0.4.3 release?
Send a message via MSN to D4rKr0W
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2010 , 14:27   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKr0W View Post
Just a little feature request: could you please add a cvar to disable the "connect announcement" feature you added on the 0.4.3 release?
Not in Left4Downtown, it was added in Ready Up 0.17.2. I will file a bug against the next version to have an option to disable the announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biship View Post
I run this and Remove lobby reservation. Works perfectly. Unfortunatly it works to well and anyone can connect to the 9th (spectator) slot with `connect`. How can I restrict that to admins only?
Probably a reserved slots plugin would help you there. But configure it so nobody gets kicked after that, admins can just use the reserved slots when they connect in .

Last edited by Downtown1; 01-01-2010 at 14:31.
Htunk
Old 01-01-2010 , 23:59   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #574

Thank you for this excellent extension, it works great. But I have one problem with reserved slots plugin. With "sm_hide_slots 1", "sm_reserve_slots 1" and "sv_visiblemaxplayers 8", my server still show all 9 slots in serverbrowser. I wish there could be one extra slot for admin access and the public can't see it. Is there any solution? Thanks.

Last edited by Htunk; 01-02-2010 at 00:05.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2010 , 04:08   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #575

Yeah, sv_visiblemaxplayers is broken on Windows, sorry about that, will fix it when we can.
Katong
Old 01-02-2010 , 05:55   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #576

when i type l3d_maxplayers they say i couldnt do it in multiplayers.
what does it mean?
DieTeetasse
Old 01-02-2010 , 14:28   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #577

I analysed the GetTeamScore function and found something intressting. Hopefully with these informations I am able to build a complete l4d1 score system for l4d2
I wrote my results in a pdf file down.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf l4d2_getteamscore.pdf (8.5 KB, 142 views)
Old 01-02-2010 , 16:33   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #578

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieTeetasse View Post
I analysed the GetTeamScore function and found something intressting. Hopefully with these informations I am able to build a complete l4d1 score system for l4d2
I wrote my results in a pdf file down.
Huh, guess I forgot to put a guard for logical_team to be 1 or 2. The reason it "gives you back" other values is because the other score data lives next to the team score (the function just indexes into an array based on the logical_team+campaign_score booleans). The offsets are bound to change after an update.

More importantly, sure you can get all those points data.. but there is no way to edit it with just GetTeamScore.
DieTeetasse
Old 01-02-2010 , 18:50   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #579

Jeah, i know that.
I looked the offsets of the gamerules entity up to get a clue, where which variable has to be.
It's just that now i can get these informations directly from the game itself to calculate an health and distance based score like in l4d1

The changing thing will be a difficult, but i got two ideas.
The first one is to block every change of the campaign score and only set "myself" the score.
Or if there is an change of the campaign score, i will calculate it myself and edit the parameters of OnSetCampaignScores().

Will OnSetCampaignScores() be fired if i change the score manually with SetCampaignScores() ?
Old 01-02-2010 , 20:28   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.4) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #580

If you want to change the campaign scores use the OnSetCampaignScores forward and overwrite the values (which are passed by reference). Or you can call SetCampaignScores at the end of the second round (make sure OnSetCampaignScores forward has already been triggered) or else it won't do anything.