Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2021 , 09:34   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #541

Friends, at least read the description of the Multislots plugin which was updated by HarryPotter .

The plugin now includes all options.
I don't understand why they insist on using ABM for Coop.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=249

[L4D(2)] MultiSlots Improved Version 3.9 (2021/6/19)
Allows additional survivor players in coop/survival/realism when 5+ player joins the server.
(When 5+ player joins the server but no any bot can be taken over, this plugin will spawn an alive survivor bot for him.)

-New Feature-
- Convert All codes to new syntax.
- Translation support
- Updated gamedata, credit to Lux's work
- When 5+ new player joins the server but no any bot can be taken over, the player will appear as a dead survivor if survivors have left start safe area for at least 100 seconds. (You can set time by convar below)
- Give items and set custom health to new 5+ player
- Delete all items form survivor bots when they got kicked by this plugin.
- New 5+ Bot will be teleported to random survivor teammate instead of starts in the saferoom.
- Spawn Survivor bots when round starts.
Shadowysn
Old 06-23-2021 , 10:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
The plugin now includes all options.
I don't understand why they insist on using ABM for Coop.
Well, I'll guess I'll give you thanks as at least sbrblz has 2 options now, no thanks to my tunnel vision.

As I said, I'm a bit stubborn.
I glued myself to ABM, and I'm either wary or just tired of lost features or errors with my server config made from transitioning to another plugin.
Not exactly trying to shove ABM down throats, but I'm not quiet about ABM either. At least I tried to rather fix it for latest L4D2.

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 06-23-2021 at 10:20.
NeoTM
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2021 , 10:02   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #543

I had to try ABM because multislot was changing the bot characters every map change.
So one time i got the full set of survivors and the next map i got 2 bots identical, which make other players unable to see health bar for both. (only one is showing)
If i'm on the server i can change player with csc but if i'm not here players can't do nothing.

But the problem with ABM is that i always got l4d2 characters on l4d1 map.
I can make a vote to restart the campaign but it don't work.
The only way to have the l4d1 characters on l4d1 maps is to change the map with HLSW.
I tried to set automodel on 0 or 1 but nothing change.
Any idea on how to solve that problem?
82.66.75.218:27015 - Walk In Dead Nightmare
82.66.75.218:27016 - Walk In Dead Rampage
82.66.75.218:27017 - Walk In Dead Vanilla
sbrblz
Old 07-13-2021 , 04:20   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #544

Unfortunately all the plugins seem to have issues of some sort. I tried multislots with infectedbots plugin. All survivors always spawn as l4d2 characters, must be manually changed to l4d1. I tested with an extra player and using survivor chat select windows l4d_scs_cookies "1" it seems to save the character for next map change. All bots are reset to l4d2 characters on map change despite survivor fix plugins. In survival mode, going afk kicks player off survivor team and they must manually join using !join everytime. I fixed that using an afk fix plugin. If player goes afk and comes back, character model is changed. ABM crashes on map change and so did superversus.

I have not had a chance to test with more than 5 human players. By the time we started left 4 dead game, there were 4 of us so I disabled plugins. Helm's deep map is borked on all plugins. Superversus just spawns multiple survivors dead. Multislots seems to work as long as no l4d1 survivors are used, otherwise players can spawn outside spawn running where the npcs are or a message is displayed stating that model can't be loaded. Using Bill in any manner just crashes the game. I'm sure most of these issues stem from the fact that the map has these stupid l4d1 npcs that can't be removed. Multislots also spawns zombies in survival maps before the timer starts unfortunately.

Hopefully when I do get a chance to play with more than 4 players the campaigns will go ok.

Btw, does anybody know how to get server commands to stick after a map change without having to quit the game and change the cfg file?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-13-2021 , 20:54   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrblz View Post
Btw, does anybody know how to get server commands to stick after a map change without having to quit the game and change the cfg file?
Which server commands in particular?

I agree it's kinda difficult to get 4+/8+ working as you want with all these various plugins some of which are no longer supported. I've always wanted to release an all-in-one package to fix and make everything customizable as people want but I don't run any servers and haven't really got the time or resources to write and test everything. Maybe over the next year or so I'll find some time to support 4+/8+ mods, it's still something on my wish list.
Old 07-14-2021 , 03:46   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Which server commands in particular?

I agree it's kinda difficult to get 4+/8+ working as you want with all these various plugins some of which are no longer supported. I've always wanted to release an all-in-one package to fix and make everything customizable as people want but I don't run any servers and haven't really got the time or resources to write and test everything. Maybe over the next year or so I'll find some time to support 4+/8+ mods, it's still something on my wish list.
Mostly plugin commands, such as when I'm testing all these various plugins with number of bots and survivors, l4d_multislots_max_survivors and l4d_multislots_spawn_survivors_roundstart for multislots, l4d_static_minimum_survivor for superversus, abm_minplayers and abm_extraplayers for abm.

The all in one package sounds great. I had tried Shadowysn's config files but they just crashed, mostly likely outdated gamedata files etc. I started to use this pack as a base: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1488979533
I did have to update some plugins such as the ty save weapon and survivor identity fix ones that weren't working and also had to go hunting around for updated gamedata files because of the latest updates from Valve. I also disabled some of the included plugins such as weapon grunts and survivor bot select to cut down on potential points of failure. The pack author seems to be updating it regularly though it's a lot of stuff to keep track of.

I have since been testing the 3 major plugins with these files. Superversus sometimes crashes on map change, so I figured I might have to stick with ABM or Multislots, however with more testing Multislots and ABM also crash depending on the circumstance, which is unfortunate. It doesn't help that there are no errors in the sourcemod logs when the game crashes. Most crashes seem to happen on map change, whether through the normal course of play or changelevel command. I do find that the game behaves different when launched from an 8 player lobby as opposed to using map command and having players manually join through connect command. I have only tested with 1 other player, I will have to keep doing additional testing.
It's a shame Helm's Deep map seems pretty borked, only choices would be forcing all survivors to stick with l4d2 characters using multislots or using only ABM which seems to have a bug that only l4d2 survivors work, might seem like the best bet for that map.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2021 , 08:55   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #547

I've had zero issues with ABM over the years. Author did a good job with the plugin. The only thing really left to polish was Human Infected with Coop, but nobody really has tackled that over the years. Doesn't seem very stable, probably because it wasn't intended for Coop.

Superversus was a hot mess over the years until Merudo did his forked version, which I felt was the best version of the plugin, but ABM seemed more stable.

Bebop was like the grandfather of 4 + survivor plugins going back to L4D I think, but that kinda floundered over the years as coders came and went.

Multislots I've never been a fan of. Never felt like a stable version was ever put out publicly. I've had private builds over the years that were ok and obviously more maintained as coders just kinda didn't want to deal with the pressure of updating their plugins for public use and instead only maintained them privately. Even then, still never was a fan of it. So at the end of the day, I stick with ABM until proven otherwise for me.
sbrblz
Old 07-15-2021 , 02:26   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #548

Sev, if you don't mind my asking, are you able to get all 8 survivors models to show up using ABM? Only l4d2 models show up for me despite setting automodel to 1. It seems the only time it possibly crashed was when I try using survivor chat select plugin to handle models while turning off the relevant settings in ABM. This might also be the cause of crashes during map change in the other 2 plugins. Of course this could be because I'm testing using 1-2 players and the rest as bots as opposed to all players.
How do you feel ABM handles scaling the zombies with more players as opposed to the other plugins given the lack of granular controls?

Another question, for abm_tankchunkhp, is that the value that is added to the tanks default health per survivor or it replaces the tank's default health per survivor? For example, with autohard set to 1 and with 5 players, will the tanks health in normal mode be 4000+2500=4600 for the extra survivor or 2500*5=12500 for 5 survivors?

One last question, for all the these plugins, is the updated gamedata values that are posted around the forums the same for all gamedata files of all the plugins? For example the "SetHumanSpec" that was recently posted, would I update the ABM gamedata file with those updated values?
Thank you.

Hopefully one day NgBUCKWANGS can come back and finish revamping ABM as he planned.

Last edited by sbrblz; 07-15-2021 at 02:28.
NeoTM
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2021 , 17:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #549

I found why i had the l4d2 characters in l4d1 map.
I had "abm_joinmenu" set to 1
Since i set it to 0 i have l4d1 characters on l4d1 map
82.66.75.218:27015 - Walk In Dead Nightmare
82.66.75.218:27016 - Walk In Dead Rampage
82.66.75.218:27017 - Walk In Dead Vanilla
sbrblz
Old 08-10-2021 , 20:20   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #550

Well, our LAN night was a success. I ended up using Shao's custom version of Superversus with no player management together with ABM. I literally tested multiple types of plugins and scenarios with bots and with 2 player survivors before the LAN game to try to find any possible potential problems. Originally I started with a listen server then switched to dedicated windows server.

Helm's deep map only worked with l4d2 survivors even with stripper config, but it was a minor issue. Player models worked pretty good, only issue I ran into was if I manually changed a players model with character chat select, their model was reset next map. I've narrowed it down to turning on cookies. I wish I knew where this cookie was stored to reset it, turning it back to 1 restores my default character that I have chosen, even when changing to another survivor. With cookies off, manually changing a survivor model seems to stick through the next map.
Character friendly fire quotes sometimes didn't happen for the 5+ survivors, regardless of survivor model. I was using scene adjustments plugin.

I didn't think about disabling or modifying friendly fire damage, that was an issue we ran into while playing with that many people. I see that there is a plugin to disable ff, but what is the advantage of using the plugins when there are already variables for it?
I'll keep testing other plugin combos but it can get very tedious and the setup works more or less ok.

Maybe I'll do a guide sometime in the future for simple LAN games.

Edit: 8 survivor plugin guide here.

Last edited by sbrblz; 08-28-2021 at 01:52.