Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

Vastrix
Old 07-22-2014 , 07:26   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #521

Hmm, the plugin isn't working most of the time..
when it breaks it's usually on map change(Works great on server start, reloading the plugin doesn't fix it)
System: Ubuntu(linux)
Dependencies: TF2Items Manager(1.4.1), TF2ItemsInfo(1.8.17.7-20131121)
Loaded bot related plugins: Automatic Bot Names,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Known issues?
1/ Equip conflicts is still here. Nothing I can do.
Might be that one^ ?
Can someone clarify?

i know this isn't much of a help (with such a little amount of info)
But if someone has the same issue..

Nonetheless Great plugin!(if it works)
Thanks

Last edited by Vastrix; 07-23-2014 at 07:07.
Custo
Old 07-23-2014 , 15:43   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastrix View Post
Hmm, the plugin isn't working most of the time..
when it breaks it's usually on map change(Works great on server start, reloading the plugin doesn't fix it)
I know for me, I have to unload and reload TF2ItemsInfo every map change. I just placed this at the end of my server.cfg file:
Code:
sm plugins unload tf2itemsinfo
sm plugins load tf2itemsinfo
sm plugins refresh
But I also restart my server every 24 hours or so. It seems to stop loading all together when the server is running for more than 24 hours, but sometimes it keeps going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastrix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Known issues?
1/ Equip conflicts is still here. Nothing I can do.
Might be that one^ ?
Can someone clarify?

That means some items the bots are given will be conflicting with other items, like some combination of miscs and hats that don't go well together. But this doesn't mean the server will crash or the plugin will be unloaded because of it.
Vastrix
Old 07-24-2014 , 05:23   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custo View Post
I know for me, I have to unload and reload TF2ItemsInfo every map change. I just placed this at the end of my server.cfg file:
Code:
sm plugins unload tf2itemsinfo
sm plugins load tf2itemsinfo
sm plugins refresh
But I also restart my server every 24 hours or so. It seems to stop loading all together when the server is running for more than 24 hours, but sometimes it keeps going.
Ah thanks
Glad i'm not the only one having the issue ;)

btw, i think
Code:
sm plugins reload tf2itemsinfo
is sufficient, it is for me anyway

Last edited by Vastrix; 07-24-2014 at 06:21.
Zenkho
Old 08-03-2014 , 12:05   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #524

I have a problem. Since I updated my dedicated server, the plugin doesnt work anymore. My server shows it in the plugin list but the bots dont spawn with any custom items. I downloaded everything and placed it correctly. I know that cause it worked 2-3 days ago. Could someone help me? thx.
Vastrix
Old 08-03-2014 , 12:34   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkho View Post
I have a problem. Since I updated my dedicated server, the plugin doesnt work anymore. My server shows it in the plugin list but the bots dont spawn with any custom items. I downloaded everything and placed it correctly. I know that cause it worked 2-3 days ago. Could someone help me? thx.
Ofcourse!
Tf2ItemsInfo a plugin/lib for mods like this has a huge memory leak.
The author has dropped support for his mod so yea..
However ReFlexPoison (as he usually does) revived the plugin(for now) and released a fix!

Do the following
  1. Go here and install the fix!
  2. Go to your server.cfg and add
    Code:
    sm_tf2ii_updater 0
    (Otherwise it'll keep reverting)

Old 08-03-2014 , 16:28   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #526

Well, thanks for the fix c:

It seems to work for the weapons but not with sets or hats. Isn't this no longer "available"
or is something not right?For me, its not important that the bots dont wear hats but im worried about the sets.
Custo
Old 08-03-2014 , 18:16   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkho View Post
Well, thanks for the fix c:

It seems to work for the weapons but not with sets or hats. Isn't this no longer "available"
or is something not right?For me, its not important that the bots dont wear hats but im worried about the sets.
You'll probably need to do this as well:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=234

I know for me, the bots were not getting anything until I did that.

Last edited by Custo; 08-03-2014 at 18:17.
Lolwutman
Old 08-04-2014 , 17:02   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #528

So, it works well and all, but it's not "stable".

I'm trying to make a STRICT Item Set in which a Demoman has no Secondary weapon. I set it to -1, it didn't work. I set it to "20" so it's stock (That's the Sticky Launcher, not allowed in Medieval so...) but he's still getting a default shield.

Keep in mind I didn't configure it to be purely on Item Sets, some are also random.

What's wrong?

EDIT: Shogun's Shoulder doesn't even appear at all...Is this ItemsInfo issue or BWR itself?

Last edited by Lolwutman; 08-04-2014 at 20:23.
Munckeyz
Old 08-08-2014 , 10:23   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #529

I know for me, sometimes I see Soldiers running around with a melee out, though that miiiight be because their rocket launcher ammo is spent and they have a buff equipped? But I'm not sure about that. Also, the stocks config has the Sniper with a Syringe Gun, so he doesn't get a primary.
NicoandLuis
Old 09-23-2014 , 13:08   Re: [TF2Items] Bot Weapon Randomizer v2.2.15 (08 Oct 2013)
Reply With Quote #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolwutman View Post
So, it works well and all, but it's not "stable".

I'm trying to make a STRICT Item Set in which a Demoman has no Secondary weapon. I set it to -1, it didn't work. I set it to "20" so it's stock (That's the Sticky Launcher, not allowed in Medieval so...) but he's still getting a default shield.

Keep in mind I didn't configure it to be purely on Item Sets, some are also random.

What's wrong?

EDIT: Shogun's Shoulder doesn't even appear at all...Is this ItemsInfo issue or BWR itself?
The removal of an item is not possible with -1 values (bug, i don't know). Only possibility is to set "strip" to 1 and set all items you need. Strip doesn't allow to be other stuff to be randomized though. For example if you give him only a melee, he will only have that. Everything else will be removed or "stripped".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munckeyz View Post
I know for me, sometimes I see Soldiers running around with a melee out, though that miiiight be because their rocket launcher ammo is spent and they have a buff equipped? But I'm not sure about that. Also, the stocks config has the Sniper with a Syringe Gun, so he doesn't get a primary.
You can go to spectator and check if he has a banner, or by pressing F on him when on his team.

Last edited by NicoandLuis; 09-23-2014 at 13:09.