Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-26-2010 , 00:28   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
That's not new -- this plugin ALREADY DOES that!
Where and how? I don't see it in the option, all I get is either everything playing all at once or everything being cut off when something else is triggered...

The only cvar I see is: sm_saysoundhe_interrupt_sound (0) If set, interrupt the current sound when a new start

If I don't set it to on and multiple sounds are triggered and they all play at once and when its on it cuts all the clips off. Can you tell me how to set it so it plays 1 clip at a time and wont play a new one until it has finished?

Last edited by DeathMaster; 10-26-2010 at 00:33.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-26-2010 , 02:37   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster View Post
Where and how? I don't see it in the option, all I get is either everything playing all at once or everything being cut off when something else is triggered...
All you need to do is specify the duration of all the sounds in your config file.

Code:
    "Sound Combinations"
        {
            "wazza"  // Word trigger
            {
                "file"    "misc/wazza.wav" //"file" is always there, next is the filepath (always starts with "sound/")
                "duration" "5.0" // duration of the sound in seconds (default is 0.0)
            }
        }
You can also use these convars:

sm_saysoundhe_time_between_sounds (4.5) Time between each sound trigger, 0.0 to disable checking
sm_saysoundhe_time_between_admin_sounds (4.5) Time between each admin sound trigger, 0.0 to disable checking

Last edited by naris; 10-26-2010 at 02:40.
daveyboye
Old 10-26-2010 , 09:20   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #523

Any updates on how to include text connect messages along with the connect sounds for this plugin?

Also, any updates on how to disable connect sounds playing every map, instead of the first join?
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-26-2010 , 10:37   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
All you need to do is specify the duration of all the sounds in your config file.

Code:
    "Sound Combinations"
        {
            "wazza"  // Word trigger
            {
                "file"    "misc/wazza.wav" //"file" is always there, next is the filepath (always starts with "sound/")
                "duration" "5.0" // duration of the sound in seconds (default is 0.0)
            }
        }
You can also use these convars:

sm_saysoundhe_time_between_sounds (4.5) Time between each sound trigger, 0.0 to disable checking
sm_saysoundhe_time_between_admin_sounds (4.5) Time between each admin sound trigger, 0.0 to disable checking
Sweet dude thats such an easy fix... I had overlooked the duration setting in the config, I just though it was useless unneeded command. I was wrong, It works so nice now. Thanks for your help it was driving me nuts.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-30-2010 , 03:33   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #525

So, this plugin uses the duration only for calculations rather than checking the file length or anything?

Hmm, then I know how to get around the problem I was having.

Also, is it just me, or are the volume of clips lowered when the plugin (or source server) players them? I currently have both the plugin and sound set to play them at 1.0 (full) volume... when I listen to the mp3 outside the game, the volume is fine. Inside the game, they are far too quiet.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-30-2010 at 04:02.
swissarmy
Old 11-02-2010 , 10:45   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #526

Hi,

Is it possible to set a limit for a particular sound for a map (for a player but not necessairly, or global)? It could be even 1 play for a particular soundfile (limit for a file, not for a player).
Example - player X could play a specific file X times for a map) or globally - file X could be played by players for a specified number of times).
It would stop spamming with one song during a map (which is played by saysounds). Sometimes people constantly play again and again the same song which is a bit annoying ;)

Last edited by swissarmy; 11-02-2010 at 11:07.
Vathral
Old 11-07-2010 , 03:40   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #527

I was wondering about the steam specific sounds. I have sounds in which admins have their own intro but currently the sound plays when they enter AND leave the server. Would only like it so it plays when they join but I'm not sure exactly whats up with that. This is an example sound.

Code:
	      "STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx" // 
	      {
		      "file"	"intro/admin1.mp3"
		      "admin"	"0"
		      "download"	"1"
	      }
Code:
// Play sounds when specific steam ID joins or exits the game
// -
// Default: "1"
sm_saysoundhe_specific_join_exit "1"

// Play sounds when someone joins or exits the game
// -
// Default: "0"
sm_saysoundhe_join_exit "1"

// Wait until the player spawns before playing the join sound
// -
// Default: "1"
sm_saysoundhe_join_spawn "1"
Destructo
Old 11-18-2010 , 11:49   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #528

On my server we have 54 sounds and they are all in the saysounds.cfg
For some reason when I go over this number of sounds the file crashes and none of the sounds work is there any way to fix this?
ToriHino
Old 11-18-2010 , 16:01   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #529

We have Say Sounds running on our server and it works fine on the first map, but after switching to a new map the sounds stop working.

The plugin still tells 'player xx played sound' but nothing can be heard anymore...

Anyone encountered this problem?
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-20-2010 , 01:45   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.2.5)
Reply With Quote #530

@ToriHino You're probably running a pure server. You'll need to add your saysounds folder to the pure_server_whitelist.txt located under the /hl2 folder.
Code:
sound\<your_folder_name>\...            allow_from_disk