Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

iggy_bus
BANNED
Old 03-11-2007 , 12:38   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I have dug a little more and got that my problem was random. Not only this plugin causes error, if I turn some other more advanced it works, seems like I have too much plugins. Right now I shutted some other plugin less needed than this one and it works, thx for the answer anyway and hurry up with the new beta, it seems pretty serious
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2007 , 19:16   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

it will take some more time - i found some problem i will have to fix before release, maybe tomorrow in train i will find the time to do that
Old 03-12-2007 , 10:24   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Just wanted to say great plugin. It took me a while to get the settings right, but it's working great now!

One question...does anybody else have an issue where the /server command works with team say messages, but not with chat messages? Or perhaps this is by design? Just wondering.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2007 , 18:35   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

no, it's meant to work for both say variants and that's how it works for me. anyone else having issues with it? did you recompile it yourself and maybe deleted the line registering this command by accident?

the new version still takes more time, found new problems. as i said, big changes, big problem potential. i don't see any reason why i should release a version where i myself already know several bugs. letting the public test a beta version does only make sense for errors i don't find myself so you'll have to wait until i don't find any more
Old 03-12-2007 , 19:50   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
no, it's meant to work for both say variants and that's how it works for me. anyone else having issues with it? did you recompile it yourself and maybe deleted the line registering this command by accident?
Nope I didnt recompile, just installed the plugin as-is. Checked it from another computer today and both servers act the same.
My home server that's running it is 72.204.34.110:27015
UGKWink
Old 03-15-2007 , 23:23   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I figured out my problem by disabling plugins and noticing that /server started working. Moved the serverredirect.amxx line up to near the top of plugins.ini and it's working now. I guess this is posted somewhere in the docs or 50 pages, so if I missed it, my bad.

Now I just need to know how to handle 2 servers that are behind the same firewall. The problem is that once you connect to one of those servers, it can't see the other server because the external address isnt visible anymore.

[=UGK= Home server]
address=72.204.34.110
port=27015
[=UGK= WCFT3]
address=216.98.162.102
port=27015
[=UGK= FUN Server]
address=216.98.162.102
port=27016

So, once I connect to WCFT3, FUN shows up as down, and vice-versa.

Last edited by UGKWink; 03-15-2007 at 23:37. Reason: wanted to
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2007 , 22:17   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

sorry that there is still no beta release yet. real life work took all my time for the whole week and i can't already tell whether i find some time at this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGKWink View Post
I figured out my problem by disabling plugins and noticing that /server started working. Moved the serverredirect.amxx line up to near the top of plugins.ini and it's working now. I guess this is posted somewhere in the docs or 50 pages, so if I missed it, my bad.

Now I just need to know how to handle 2 servers that are behind the same firewall. The problem is that once you connect to one of those servers, it can't see the other server because the external address isnt visible anymore.

[=UGK= Home server]
address=72.204.34.110
port=27015
[=UGK= WCFT3]
address=216.98.162.102
port=27015
[=UGK= FUN Server]
address=216.98.162.102
port=27016

So, once I connect to WCFT3, FUN shows up as down, and vice-versa.
there is nothing in the docs about this, for me it is at the bottom of my plugins.ini and works just fine. probably some other plugin that is badly coded kills "say" registering for all other plugins and you worked around this problem by just letting xREDIRECT register it before the other plugin comes into play.

for your firewall problem i am really no firewall expert. can you connect to the server via ssh and ping 216.98.162.102 from there? if not then you somehow have to tell the system/firewall that it got this external address. how this is done depends on your firewall/routing. it has nothing to do with xREDIRECT.
i'm afraid i can't help you with this - but post some system specs (os, routing, firewall, everything else that could be interesting...), maybe someone else can.

if all this does not help maybe i can change the new beta to use localaddress= for server querying. it would be a good idea anyway.
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 03-23-2007 , 15:00   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hey I keep getting these:

HTML Code:
L 03/23/2007 - 12:00:26: [serverredirect.amxx] ERROR: Socket error 0 on socket for server -1
L 03/23/2007 - 12:00:46: [serverredirect.amxx] ERROR: Socket error 0 on socket for server -1
Here is my serverlist.ini
HTML Code:
[|AoC| W.C. Server LAN]
address=192.168.1.98
port=27015
cmdbackup=1
noauto=1
nomanual=1
nodisplay=1

[|AoC| W.C. Recruiting]
address=aocclan1.mine.nu
port=27015
cmdbackup=5
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0

[|AoC| Chicago CSDM/Upgrads/RuneMod]
address=69.13.18.21
port=27019
cmdbackup=5
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0

[|AoC| E.C. 1  Recruiting]
address=thfchris.mine.nu
port=27015
cmdbackup=5
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0

[CSFS Official Soccer Jam Server]
address=server1.csfilesource.com
port=27015
cmdbackup=5
noauto=0
nomanual=0
nodisplay=0
Did I do something wrong with the first server? I have used it like this forever and never had these errors untill I upgraded amxx 1.76d
Old 03-28-2007 , 14:42   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

no, this should be fine.

maybe there was a change in the socket module for 1.76d? i would investigate myself if i only had time.
friday is my last day of work, then i have 2 weeks of holidays where i will release the next beta and have time to look into this problem. until then i recommend trying to find out whether the module was changed and using the sockets module from 1.76c helps. if so, maybe we should report a bug for it.

also try what happens when you remove the first server from the list, so we know whether the issue is related to the local IP or not.
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 03-28-2007 , 16:03   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Alright, thankx for the reply