[REQ$]valid bsp map checker

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2011 , 01:15   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
I'm getting some very strange errors on default maps like dod_sturm.

Code:
L 12/13/2011 - 23:50:42: -------- Mapchange to dod_sturm --------
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Cache_Alloc: already allocated
Also

Code:
GoodMap: dod_trenchfield2
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
dod_trenchfield.cfg loaded
WARNING: texture lump "fd_box1_side" not found
WARNING: texture lump "fd_overlord" not found
WARNING: texture lump "fd_wood1" not found
WARNING: texture lump "ph_crate_end_64" not found
WARNING: texture lump "ph_crate_top_96" not found
WARNING: texture lump "TOL_radio_D" not found
WARNING: texture lump "wall_base" not found
WARNING: texture lump "w_guntable" not found
I did some research and it seems this last error is just because those textures aren't in the bsp, but it seems the map still runs fine.
Never seen that first error. This plugin only detects non-startable maps so if there are warnings or anything that doesn't prevent the server from starting the map then it's considered "good".
Old 12-14-2011 , 02:58   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Never seen that first error. This plugin only detects non-startable maps so if there are warnings or anything that doesn't prevent the server from starting the map then it's considered "good".
That first error is stopping the plugin from parsing the maps. I get the error and the plugin stops running. If I run it again, it gives me the same error when it gets to the same map, and the plugin stops again. As of now, I really can't use it.

I think the plugin is using too much memory and when it gets to a certain point, it crashes.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 12-14-2011 at 02:59.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2011 , 18:35   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
I'm getting some very strange errors on default maps like dod_sturm.

Code:
L 12/13/2011 - 23:50:42: -------- Mapchange to dod_sturm --------
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Cache_Alloc: already allocated
What has changed since this post back in August? How many maps do you have before dod_sturm?

Also, I looked through the code and I couldn't find any obvious memory leaks so I don't know what else to check until you reply to the questions above (which I hope will help).

Last edited by fysiks; 12-20-2011 at 18:36.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2011 , 08:48   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
What has changed since this post back in August? How many maps do you have before dod_sturm?
#1: I have 60 maps before dod_sturm.

#2: Back in August, it was the exact same setup, except then I was on Gentoo in a shared environment, and now I'm on Centos and running on dedicated hardware.

I'm having other strange things happen though, like one minute my servers are showing up on the internet list tab, and the next they are gone.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2011 , 15:24   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
#1: I have 60 maps before dod_sturm.

#2: Back in August, it was the exact same setup, except then I was on Gentoo in a shared environment, and now I'm on Centos and running on dedicated hardware.

I'm having other strange things happen though, like one minute my servers are showing up on the internet list tab, and the next they are gone.
So, could it just be an OS issue? My test server is a Linux server (Fedora) and I've not had this issue but I don't know much about the inner workings of Linux.
Old 12-22-2011 , 01:35   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
So, could it just be an OS issue? My test server is a Linux server (Fedora) and I've not had this issue but I don't know much about the inner workings of Linux.
Well that's great, because I just got done wiping the HDD's of all three of my dual intel xeon boxes, and installed FC 8 on them. I thought I would try Cent-OS, because everyone says it's the best for running any type of server, but I have always run fedora.

I will post back when I have installed HLDS and run the plugin. ;)

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 12-22-2011 at 01:36.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2011 , 02:55   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Well that's great, because I just got done wiping the HDD's of all three of my dual intel xeon boxes, and installed FC 8 on them. I thought I would try Cent-OS, because everyone says it's the best for running any type of server, but I have always run fedora.

I will post back when I have installed HLDS and run the plugin. ;)
Fedora 8 is old . I think I'm on 14 on my server box.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:56
wtrsgdf97863y4r5
This message has been deleted by asherkin. Reason: Spam.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 12-23-2011 , 01:18   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Fedora 8 is old . I think I'm on 14 on my server box.
Yea I prefer some of the older versions, because I only use them for running HLDS.

On an unrelated issue, My servers keep dropping off the steam internet browser list.
One minute their there and the next their gone. is the syntax for connecting to the master servers the same as it used to be ?

All I get is the following,
Connection to Steam servers successful.
VAC secure mode is activated.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-23-2011 , 02:27   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
On an unrelated issue, My servers keep dropping off the steam internet browser list.
One minute their there and the next their gone. is the syntax for connecting to the master servers the same as it used to be ?

All I get is the following,
Connection to Steam servers successful.
VAC secure mode is activated.
I always assumed that you don't need to do anything special to have it show up. I think a couple years ago when I was on Fedora Core 6 (the only other version I've used) I think I noticed that it worked (but I could never view it from behind the same router for some reason). Since then, I've never needed to look for it so I don't know for sure.
Old 12-24-2011 , 01:18   Re: [REQ$]valid bsp map checker
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
I always assumed that you don't need to do anything special to have it show up. I think a couple years ago when I was on Fedora Core 6 (the only other version I've used) I think I noticed that it worked (but I could never view it from behind the same router for some reason). Since then, I've never needed to look for it so I don't know for sure.
Normally you don't, but there have been several instances where the Valve master server/servers have gone all wonky for one reason or another, and servers disappear for days on end, until Valve gets their act together. I think Valve changed "adding master Servers" to "connection to the steam servers successful"

I have been researching this problem for at least 4 days now, and have not found a concrete solution yet. I am testing the "setmaster add hl1master.steampowered.com:27011" addition to my server.cfg right now, and so far the server is staying up on the internet list.

Now all of a sudden, I'm getting up to 100 choke from shrikebot. if it's not one thing it's another. I'm ready to pull mu fucking hair out.

regards.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 12-24-2011 at 01:21. Reason: typo