Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Fake Players Problem

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DeNeDe
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-27-2016 , 15:15   Re: Fake Players Problem

Tested once, some modules won't work but i'de done some reading and need to wait for update modules to use with latest rehlds.
I don't have an active server. Just testing and debug.
Skettis27
Old 12-28-2016 , 08:39   Re: Fake Players Problem

Valve dumped HLDS, which is not updated anymore.
> If this exploit indeed can affect steam & non-steam servers then this is a serious matter which we need to find a fix for it.

Even if we ban a SteamID from our server [as someone suggested before], just imagine the moment when this exploit will be for sale or released for the public.. How many steam players will test if this will work on Legit steam servers?

I honestly don't understand why this lad here just continue to showoff by dropping servers with his marvelous exploit, what's the point? Instaurate 'panic' or 'hysteria'?
joropito
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-28-2016 , 08:52   Re: Fake Players Problem

steam servers doesn't have this problem. There's a security layer avoiding it.

If you use no-steam, you're on your own. You wont find help here and you may get banned.

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
Skettis27
Old 12-28-2016 , 09:01   Re: Fake Players Problem

I actually have a steam-only server, updated via steamcmd. A kid who has this xploit on his hands really made my server crash few times.

Stop saying "steam servers don't have this problem" when this guy posted a youtube video demonstrating how he actually simulated a legit STEAMID player.
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-28-2016 , 09:14   Re: Fake Players Problem

If there is a possible exploit in Steam servers, it must be known. Unless you want to protect HLDS servers by security by obscurity which definitively not good for server operators.

Last edited by gabuch2; 12-28-2016 at 09:16.
SkillartzHD
BANNED
Old 12-28-2016 , 12:59   Re: Fake Players Problem

Quote:
just imagine the moment when this exploit will be for sale or released for the public..
This isn't going to happen soon
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-28-2016 , 13:16   Re: Fake Players Problem

I really don't understand this guys that are creating exploits. Why do you do that? Put your knowledges in something productive, usefull. You found a bug, that's nice. What you should do is report so it can be eventually fixed, not creating and selling exploits.
Old 12-28-2016 , 14:01   Re: Fake Players Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
I really don't understand this guys that are creating exploits. Why do you do that? Put your knowledges in something productive, usefull. You found a bug, that's nice. What you should do is report so it can be eventually fixed, not creating and selling exploits.
Nu am precizat nici eu nici spawner ca vindem acest exploit sau aceasta metoda de a intra cu un jucator fals pe serverele only-steam , scopul a fost pentru a demonstra inca o data ca serverele curate (only-steam) nu sunt asa superioare pe langa cele no-steam avand in vedere ca exista o asa 'suprematie' daca esti only-steam , te rog nu mai spune astfel de aiureli precum ca "creezi si vinzi"

I didn't say something like that and nor spawner that sell this exploit or this method to enter with a player fake servers only-steam , the goal was to demonstrate once more that the servers clean (only-steam) are not so superior, besides the no-steam considering that there is a 'supremacy' if you're only-steam
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-28-2016 , 14:08   Re: Fake Players Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillartzHD View Post
I didn't say something like that and nor spawner that sell this exploit or this method to enter with a player fake servers only-steam , the goal was to demonstrate once more that the servers clean (only-steam) are not so superior, besides the no-steam considering that there is a 'supremacy' if you're only-steam
"Supremacy"? That's ridiculous. There's no "supremacy", it's an actual law. The site is hosted in the US, and the US Laws say no piracy. Supporting piracy means there's a lawsuit risk, the site operates on donations only so the owners can't afford to hire a lawyer.

It's the same with GPL.

There are tons of sites that support dproto and non-steam servers, yet people keep coming here of all places.
Old 12-28-2016 , 15:04   Re: Fake Players Problem

Principalul motiv pentru care doar steamul e suportat aici e ca site e hostat in US, unde legile sunt diferite in ce priveste piratarea, daca ar oferi suport la dproto pe aici detinatorii s-ar putea trezi cu amenzi/probleme etc

Oricum, sa speram ca nu vei fi atat de iresponsabil sa dai pe mana altora asemenea exploituri, ca dupa s-ar putea sa ne mai jucam cs doar cu boti

The main reason only steam is supported here is because the site is hosted in US where the laws regarding piracy are different, supporting dproto around here could get the owners of the website in trouble

Anyway, let's hope you will not be so irresponsible to make such things public

Last edited by Depresie; 12-28-2016 at 15:08.
Closed Thread