Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Viper

Post New Thread Reply   

Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-11-2010 , 13:43   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #41

i was browsing http://y4kstudios.com/post/all-about-viper-part-2/ and it says the only way to really do it is to put it in the srcds/bin folder. I think I might have access to it but it's not working.. My FTP structure is like:
root/
--bin
--hl2
--platform
--tf

Last edited by Thraka; 07-11-2010 at 13:49.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2010 , 00:30   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #42

Impossible to embed?
theY4Kman
Old 07-20-2010 , 00:54   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #43

python25.dll is included with Viper. However, there is an issue with some hosts that include a colon in the path to their servers (e.g. /home/96.73.4.19:27015/srcds/) that screws up loading the Python library. To fix it, request access to srcds/bin from your host and upload the python25.dll into that folder. The affected hosts are aware of the issue, because EventScripts suffers from the same issue, and will gladly grant your request.
Send a message via ICQ to theY4Kman Send a message via AIM to theY4Kman Send a message via MSN to theY4Kman Send a message via Yahoo to theY4Kman Send a message via Skype™ to theY4Kman
gavintlgold
Old 07-20-2010 , 02:04   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by theY4Kman View Post
python25.dll is included with Viper. However, there is an issue with some hosts that include a colon in the path to their servers (e.g. /home/96.73.4.19:27015/srcds/) that screws up loading the Python library. To fix it, request access to srcds/bin from your host and upload the python25.dll into that folder. The affected hosts are aware of the issue, because EventScripts suffers from the same issue, and will gladly grant your request.
Ah, I see.

On another note, since you're responding to this thread, is there any chance you could update us on Viper's progress (if any)? Thanks!
theY4Kman
Old 07-20-2010 , 02:12   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #45

Unfortunately, Viper has been on the backburner since I picked up some paying programming gigs and a girlfriend, but I see there's been an uptick in interest, so I think I'll get back to developing it
Send a message via ICQ to theY4Kman Send a message via AIM to theY4Kman Send a message via MSN to theY4Kman Send a message via Yahoo to theY4Kman Send a message via Skype™ to theY4Kman
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2010 , 21:00   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by theY4Kman View Post
I sent what you said to them and they said this:
Quote:
That does not apply here, no. Rather than using the IP or IP:port to distinguish servers, we use the identifier system so that names are used instead.
So I'm assuming that my server path is /home/neotf2/srcds. My server id is neotf2.

I see now where the python file is included: extensions\viper\lib\plat-win.

(Unsure if I posted it before but just in case it helps, here is the error: [03] <FAILED> file "viper.ext.2.ep2v.dll": Unable to load python25.dll (0x36b1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.)

Last edited by Thraka; 07-20-2010 at 21:02.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2010 , 21:24   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #47

Update, they say the server path is this:
servers\neotf2\orangebox\
theY4Kman
Old 07-22-2010 , 02:51   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #48

Ah, I believe the issue is that the Visual C++ redistributables are not included. I've attached them here. Extract them and place them in the extensions/viper/lib/plat-win folder. If that doesn't work, try placing them in the srcds/bin folder. If my calculations are correct, that should solve it for you

Let me know which folder worked... or didn't
Attached Files
File Type: zip msvcr90.zip (532.2 KB, 125 views)
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-22-2010 , 09:43   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #49

Argg it didn't work

I think I have access to the bin folder. Does it have steamclient.dll in it? I copied the python and C++ dlls to that folder and restarted the server. It still didn't work Maybe add some logging in that records the path and some other things going on? Maybe then we can figure it out? I really want this!! hehe

Last edited by Thraka; 07-22-2010 at 09:48.
theY4Kman
Old 08-11-2010 , 16:54   Re: [EXTENSION] Viper
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
Argg it didn't work

I think I have access to the bin folder. Does it have steamclient.dll in it? I copied the python and C++ dlls to that folder and restarted the server. It still didn't work Maybe add some logging in that records the path and some other things going on? Maybe then we can figure it out? I really want this!! hehe
Yes, the srcds/bin folder has steamclient.dll. I'll add in some logging for you. Would you mind going onto IRC for easier communication? Connect to irc.gamesurge.net and highlight me on #sourcemod.