Post New Thread Reply   

crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2009 , 14:20   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.4
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman87 View Post
I took a look at your v1.4 code

Line 108, your IF statement should check the cvar to be 1 or 3, not 2.

Line 109 should be outside the IF statement, otherwise if the cvar is 2 GetCurrentMap() wont run and line 127 will evaluate incorrectly. Also, it needs a semicolon.
Pawn doesn't need semicolons. They're optional. I started coding in pawn without them, and for some reason I can't switch back.

When did you look at the code? I uploaded it backwards at first, but fixed it within a couple minutes.
Edit: Oh yeah, the map line needs to move. I ninja'd if statement though.
Crimson_Fox
Old 08-20-2009 , 05:12   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #42

We've been getting a kick out of running this on our server, thanks for the plugin crazydog!

I had an idea and figured it would make a great addition to this plugin: On every rage quit, have the clients play one of the Swear##.wav sounds included in the game. I found a method that works pretty well for this, I just added the following after line 88...

new i = 1;
while (i < 9)
{
ClientCommand(i, "playgamesound npc.NamVet_Swears04")
i++;
}

The main problem with this is that it will only play that one sound. Would it be possible to code the plugin to read a text file with a list of sounds to play and pick one at random to play on each rage quit?
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-20-2009 , 08:24   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #43

Hahah that's a great idea. I could also just fake execute the vocalize command for "displeasure", which includes the characters saying "Shit!" and stuff.

I don't think having ALL the clients doing it would be too popular. What about just the character of the person who just quit?

Scratch that. Playing the sound would be better so people actually hear it.
What I'll probably do is choose from the files of the newly created bot.
Crimson_Fox
Old 08-20-2009 , 09:57   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #44

I tried "vocalize PanicEvent", but the problem with that is that it doesn't work consistently. The other drawback is that the infected players don't get a "notification" from it. One advantage of doing playgamesound is that it doesn't have to do just the Swear## sounds, there are other ones that fit pretty well!

Last edited by Crimson_Fox; 08-20-2009 at 10:07.
triggerman
Old 08-20-2009 , 15:20   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #45

i sure if you made all the survivors do a vocalize PanicEvent at least one of them would say something. better yet simply allow admins to chose there own vocalize command to be fired when someone rages.
Crimson_Fox
Old 08-20-2009 , 16:13   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #46

The issue with "vocalize PanicEvent" is not that they don't all do it, but rather that it works sporadically. When it does work, they all vocalize at once. I don't think this has anything to do with the plugin as it's intermittent even when typed on the console. I'm guessing it's a bug with PanicEvent as "vocalize playerdeath" works pretty consistently.
triggerman
Old 08-20-2009 , 17:31   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #47

i think having a var that is set to a vocalize string would work. if admins want they can use panicevent but can also use any other one if they dont like the inconsistency. and also have a seperate one for the infected so they all laugh if an infected rages but swear if a survivor rages.
Crimson_Fox
Old 08-20-2009 , 17:42   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #48

As far as I can tell vocalize does not work for infected. That's what I meant by infected players not getting a "notification" on my previous post.
triggerman
Old 08-20-2009 , 21:01   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #49

im not saying that infected should vocalize. im saying that when an infected quits all the survivors should laugh or taunt.
Crimson_Fox
Old 08-23-2009 , 19:12   Re: [L4D] Rage Counter - v1.5
Reply With Quote #50

Oh I see, that would be pretty cool actually. Could do that along with what I'm thinking about.

What I have in mind playing an angry sound to play off the whole "rage" theme. Here's what I got so far, but it's kinda messy in the sense that it announces that a sound has been played. I'm looking to use ClientCommand instead, but I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work. I haven't coded a plugin before so progress has been kinda slow. Nevermind, figured it out. Uploaded the latest code. Thoughts?

Last edited by Crimson_Fox; 08-26-2009 at 05:10. Reason: Removed old code.