0% 

[L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Select

Post New Thread Reply   

BioHazardN7
Old 10-05-2023 , 12:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Select
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcaveira View Post
why are you using 2 plugins with the same goal (pick bots)?
Because the Survivor Bot Select allows you to select any valid bot at any time and the AutoTakeOver 5+ Survivors Improved is automatically placed under the control of a valid bot.

Quote:
It's fixed.
I tested and found several problems:
1. When the last bot remains alive, you cannot switch to it by pressing "E".
2. If you play without the AutoTakeOver 5+ Survivors Improved, when you try to take control of the bot with the "E" key, you will receive the message "This survivor bot is no longer available." and you will not be able to take control of any bot.

I think it would be better to combine these 2 plugins into a single one and remove the functionality of the "E" key.
srcaveira
Old 10-14-2023 , 05:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Select
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazardN7 View Post
Because the Survivor Bot Select allows you to select any valid bot at any time and the AutoTakeOver 5+ Survivors Improved is automatically placed under the control of a valid bot.

I tested and found several problems:
1. When the last bot remains alive, you cannot switch to it by pressing "E".
2. If you play without the AutoTakeOver 5+ Survivors Improved, when you try to take control of the bot with the "E" key, you will receive the message "This survivor bot is no longer available." and you will not be able to take control of any bot.

I think it would be better to combine these 2 plugins into a single one and remove the functionality of the "E" key.
I'm sorry. I didn't saw that. But now it's fixed and working to get any bot (even if it's has be last one bot). It's completelly fixed now. If you find some new issue just tell me again. Thanks a lot, man!!! (Pressing key "E" is working even if it is the last one bot)

Last edited by srcaveira; 10-16-2023 at 10:43.
BioHazardN7
Old 10-16-2023 , 07:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Select
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
I'm sorry. I didn't saw that. But now it's fixed and working to get any bot (event if it's has be last one bot). It's completelly fixed now. If you find some new issue just tell me again. Thanks a lot, man!!! (Pressing key "E" is working even if it is the last one bot)
Everything seems to be working, at least I didn’t notice any problems. Thank you!
P.S. In truth, I use a slightly modified version.
srcaveira
Old 10-16-2023 , 10:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Select
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazardN7 View Post
Everything seems to be working, at least I didn’t notice any problems. Thank you!
P.S. In truth, I use a slightly modified version.
That's good. You're welcome!
Shimo
Old 01-12-2024 , 22:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Select
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Hello, I'm not sure if it's allowed here to update third-party plugins, but I went ahead and updated your plugin.

If it's not permitted, I apologize as I'm relatively new here and not yet familiar with the rules.

Here are the new features I've added:

[Translations]
The plugin now includes PT-BR, ES, and EN translations for the menu and in-game elements (chat, menu, hint text, and more).

Translation Files:

- [EN]: translations/l4d_survivor_bot_select_pressing_e.phrases.tx t
- [PT-BR]: translations/pt/l4d_survivor_bot_select_pressing_e.phrases.tx t
- [ES]: translations/es/l4d_survivor_bot_select_pressing_e.phrases.tx t

[Hint Text]
When your character dies, a hint text will appear, instructing you to press the "E" key while spectating a bot to pick him up.

[New Function]
Pressing the "E" key after dying while spectating a bot will allow you to pick him up (allow to pick up the bot you were spectating).

[Fixes]
(26/09/2023) - I've fixed some compilation warnings related to returns (action functions now have a return Plugin_Continue and so on).
(30/09/2023) - Fixed plugin conflict reported by BioHazard N7, where wasn't working to get a Bot if in Idle, thanks for reporting.
(14/10/2023) - Fixed plugin issue reported by BioHazard N7, where wasn't working to get a Bot if it is the last one. But now it's fixed and working to get any bot (event if it's has be last one bot).

That's all! Your plugin is fantastic, btw. Thanks for your hard work!

Here go the files:

* .Zip File contains all files including translations, gamedata, plugin, source and all that *
* Download the .Zip File to load translations and all that *
Thanks for the update on this plugin! This is a translation file in Simplified Chinese
Attached Files
File Type: txt l4d_survivor_bot_select_pressing_e.phrases.txt (1.8 KB, 29 views)