Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-25-2013 , 19:11   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ne View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the answer,

I didn't have the time to test your 1.9.6 version, did you try to fix the problem with 'sm_mapvote' command used after an 'end of map vote' ?
In this case I might want to try.

++
Yes, and this is mentioned in the 1.9.5 changelog a few posts above this.
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2013 , 19:17   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Yes, and this is mentioned in the 1.9.5 changelog a few posts above this.

I should ve read thoroughly, ok I'll test it and give feedback.

++

-My plugins-

Last edited by St00ne; 02-25-2013 at 19:21.
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2013 , 20:14   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #483

It should need more tests but as far as I tested, the vote is still not lauched via the sm_mapvote command if a vote already occured.

I noticed a difference between rtv and rtv_extended:
if a vote has already occured, and I type rtv, a vote is not launched, the map is changed directly, to the map that had been voted before.
Thats does not really bother me, but I guess 'rtv' means 'I want to lauch a vote' more than 'I want to change the map'.

(the sentence below doesn't concern rtv_extended but rtv...)
Finally I still don't understand why a vote is launched with one player typing rtv when we are 3 players and sm_rtv_needed is set to 0.6

Here is for a little feedback.

I'm using 1.9.3 version on my main server, works great except this little thing with sm_mapvote cmd.

PS: I don't use any 'NativeVotes' or 'BuiltinVotes' extensions.

++

-My plugins-

Last edited by St00ne; 02-25-2013 at 20:19.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2013 , 10:20   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #484

Quote:
It sounds like the translation files are missing or are older versions. They're in the zip file in the first post.

tf.txt is only used to mark which maps are "official" maps when mce_markcustommaps is set to 1 or 2. I've attached a new version with mvm_bigrock in it (and koth_king which somehow got removed from the previous release).

MvM has the nasty tendency to automatically change maps when the player team wins and I have no idea how to get around that, meaning that having Extend enabled isn't going to do what you want.

Use mce_exclude 0 if you want the current map to appear in votes. I highly recommend it in servers with a small map count.
After messing around with the cvar and tf.txt by modifying the list of maps to MVM maps only, I was only able to get map voting working to some extent in that it sometimes would follow user votes and change to the map the majority voted for, and during other times to a random map regardless of vote results.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2013 , 11:47   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #485

Quote:
It should need more tests but as far as I tested, the vote is still not lauched via the sm_mapvote command if a vote already occured.

I noticed a difference between rtv and rtv_extended:
if a vote has already occured, and I type rtv, a vote is not launched, the map is changed directly, to the map that had been voted before.
Thats does not really bother me, but I guess 'rtv' means 'I want to lauch a vote' more than 'I want to change the map'.
rtv and rtv_extended should both do this immediately switch to the previously voted map. It's an intended feature. rtv_extended's forcertv even does this, which is how forcertv is different than sm_mapvote.

Quote:
(the sentence below doesn't concern rtv_extended but rtv...)
Finally I still don't understand why a vote is launched with one player typing rtv when we are 3 players and sm_rtv_needed is set to 0.6
I thought we discussed this before. It's due to how rtv is rounding. To be exact, it always rounds down for the number of players it needs. 3 * 0.6 is 1.8, but since it always rounds down, it rounds to 1.

Quote:
Here is for a little feedback.

I'm using 1.9.3 version on my main server, works great except this little thing with sm_mapvote cmd.

PS: I don't use any 'NativeVotes' or 'BuiltinVotes' extensions.

++
I tested 1.9.6 on RUGC Midwest, and I can run sm_mapvote after the normal map vote finishes to initiate another one. Which was good, because we had a vote come up where no one nominated and all our shenangans (goof-off) maps came up together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
After messing around with the cvar and tf.txt by modifying the list of maps to MVM maps only, I was only able to get map voting working to some extent in that it sometimes would follow user votes and change to the map the majority voted for, and during other times to a random map regardless of vote results.
I really wish Valve had some way to tell how many rounds a map had without having to manually parse the .pop file currently being used. I already know how to tell if mvm is running (GameRules's m_bIsMannVsMachine netprop, check if the tf_gamemode_mvm cvar being set to 1, or check if a tf_logic_mann_vs_machine entity exists), and how to get the current round (m_iCurrentWaveIdx in tf_mann_vs_machine_stats), but not how to get the total number of waves.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-26-2013 at 12:01.
Root_
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2013 , 12:19   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #486

CSGO maplist
Attached Files
File Type: txt csgo.txt (317 Bytes, 108 views)

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot
Root_
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2013 , 10:03   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #487

At this moment plugin is working fine for CS:GO (runs a vote in proper event)
However, there are two issues:
1) Add 'dod' folder checking and appropriate 'HookEvent("dod_round_win", Event_Round_End)'
2) Its still shows warning timer in chat/hint/center when mce_warningtime is "0.0". Maybe its better to use this @ lines like 741?
Code:
if (!GetConVarInt(g_Cvar_WarningTime)) InitiateVote(MapChange_MapEnd, INVALID_HANDLE); else SetupWarningTimer(WarningType_Vote, MapChange_MapEnd);

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2013 , 12:35   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #488

Ok, thanks, I'll set sm_rtv_needed 0.7 then.

Thanks for keeping this plugin up to date.

St00ne

-My plugins-
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-28-2013 , 05:10   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #489

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to determine how many waves an MvM map has. It might also cause problems on mvm_coaltown_event which only has a single wave.
I imagine there could be a way to find out if the wave you're on is the final one... For maps with a single wave, you could base it on progress to completing the wave, or, just have the vote at the start of a game, during the upgrade station stage.
XenTerSiO
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-07-2013 , 12:27   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.9.3 (Updated 2012-06-23)
Reply With Quote #490

What if you add a feature that would cut off all microphone and chat while voting?