Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2007 , 11:26   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

as the next beta release is close i thought i'd post a preview changelog. this changelog only contains what has already been finished in the beta, things still might be added.
  • changed plugin name/tag to xREDIRECT and plugin file to xredirect.sma/xredirect.amxx, renamed dictionary file to xredirect.txt
  • added a missing message to tell people when the own server was not detected
  • added internal option MIN_ADMIN_LEVEL to define the level that is needed for a player to be treated as admin
  • introduced cvar redirect_hidedown to control hiding of offline servers
  • added a message that tells the player when he was redirected to free up a slot for an admin
  • added a new sub menu that shows detail information about a server including the reason why redirection is not possible to this server
  • players can now retry all servers, not only the last (by using the sub menu)
  • added additional modes for redirect_auto:
    - 3 = always redirect except admins, redirect to random server
    - 4 = always redirect except admins, redirect to next server in list
    - 5 = always redirect including admins, redirect to random server
    - 6 = always redirect including admins, redirect to next server in list
  • added additional modes for redirect_manual:
    - 2 = show a sub menu when player can't be redirected to server
    - 3 = always show a sub menu from which the player can choose to be redirected (if possible)
  • FatalisDK introduced CVAR redirect_countbots: 0 = don't count bots 1 = count bots (thanks)
  • added server option localaddress
  • the plugin now detects local players and sends them to localaddress=, while remote players are still sent to address=
  • fixed an issue that caused wrong menu numbering under certain circumstances (not very likely to happen though)
  • completely rewrote menu creation code for better code readability and modularity
  • changed menu coloring to be more straight forward
  • removed server address from server name in menu - if someone wants this he can still add it to the server name
  • queue functionality is not limited to the last server of a player anymore - a player can even queue himself for more than one server at a time!
  • several internal code structure improvements
  • introduced cvar redirect_localslots: controls slot reserving for local players - remote players are redirected off the server when a local player connects

and here is a screenshot of the sub menu:

Last edited by xOR; 04-06-2007 at 13:38.
FatalisDK
Old 03-07-2007 , 12:22   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Nice, alot of new features.
Old 03-07-2007 , 16:49   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

of course the new version needs new items to be translated. please look here.
thanks to all who help

as always i am doing my alpha tests on my own servers. it is already running on all of my servers so if you got CS 1.5 or NS you can drop by and have a look at it.

Last edited by xOR; 03-07-2007 at 16:52.
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-08-2007 , 15:07   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hm, just installed this plugin on my GunGame server, but I get some errors (no malfunction). Using 0.9.1 + AMXX 1.76c.

Repeating every ~12 minutes:
Quote:
L 03/08/2007 - 20:34:46: Start of error session.
L 03/08/2007 - 20:34:46: Info (map "de_dust2_remake2k") (logfile "error_030807.log")
L 03/08/2007 - 20:34:46: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect.amxx")
L 03/08/2007 - 20:34:46: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 03/08/2007 - 20:34:46: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect.sma::client_authorized (line 1568)
L 03/08/2007 - 20:34:52: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect.amxx")
L 03/08/2007 - 20:34:52: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 03/08/2007 - 20:34:52: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect.sma::client_authorized (line 1568)
L 03/08/2007 - 20:35:22: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect.amxx")
L 03/08/2007 - 20:35:22: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 03/08/2007 - 20:35:22: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect.sma::welcome_message (line 1662)
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:22: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect.amxx")
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:22: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:22: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect.sma::client_disconnect (line 1560)
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:26: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect.amxx")
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:26: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:26: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect.sma::client_authorized (line 1568)
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:53: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect.amxx")
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:53: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 03/08/2007 - 20:36:53: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect.sma::welcome_message (line 1662)
L 03/08/2007 - 20:47:49: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect.amxx")
L 03/08/2007 - 20:47:49: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds
L 03/08/2007 - 20:47:49: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect.sma::client_disconnect (line 1560)
What did I wrong?
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2007 , 15:56   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

i don't see any system behind this. it looks like being eventual and not following some time rule like "every 12 minutes". it's still the same error that occurs when people come on the server with the information "i was redirected here from server 5" but the local server with the plugin only knows e.g. 4 servers and this is how it looks like: a message displayed when players are connecting, sent there from another server.
the next version of the plugin that i will release soon has boundary checking and will not try to access servers that are not there. this at least makes those error messages disappear but does not remove the root of your problem:
you should check whether one of your servers has more servers in it's serverlist.ini than your gungame server or other servers in general. also according to your sig i see you got 6 servers. in case you have all 6 servers in your serverlist, did you remember that you need to recompile the plugin to load more than 5 servers for the version you copied to your gungame server?

to be really sure just restart the gungame server and look at your server log. the plugin displayes which servers it loads. compare this to what the other servers load and see if one of the servers loads more servers than others, there you got the problem.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-10-2007 , 09:39   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Thank you for the reply.

In fact, it could've been a problem with the number of servers: I reorganized the server park and reduced to five servers. My sig is a little bit outdated .

To not spam this thread, I collected some information and attached it (normal+error log from the GG server, meta list, plugins, modules, all the five server lists I use).

In the meantime, every server had a restart, every server (including the gungame) loads the correct five servers out of the serverlist.ini (reported in the standard logfile). The order in the serverlist.ini is the same.

Maybe it's something simple I just not see this moment. I would appreciate it if you could take a look.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 20070310_xredirect_gungame.txt (8.6 KB, 238 views)
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 03-10-2007 , 13:34   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Guesstimate on the official new release?
Old 03-10-2007 , 16:37   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

On few of my servers I have a problem with this plugin, when I turn it off, there is no problem:

When I start server I also get message:
Code:
pipes.cpp (484) : Assertion Failed: bRet
pipes.cpp (536) : Assertion Failed: bRet
steamclient.cpp (371) : Assertion Failed: pClientPipe->BWriteAndReadResult( buf, bufRet )
steamclient.cpp (373) : Assertion Failed: bufRet.TellPut() == ( sizeof(HSteamUser) + sizeof(uint8) )
And it works, but when someone starts to connect, it crashes and restarts for 10 seconds , if I turn this plugin off, server works ok, :S however, some servers do not have this problem :S. Everithing is the same, servers are all uptodate (hlds, amxx 1.76c, metamod 1.19p2 :S

what could it be?
ariansworld
Old 03-10-2007 , 22:50   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

i cant figure out how to automattically show the server list thingy the blue thingy in the middle
i have to do it manualy redirect_announce_now

whats the coomand to show it automattically?

please help ive been trying for so long days and weeks

like this

http://i17.tinypic.com/2a0i5hy.png

Last edited by ariansworld; 03-10-2007 at 22:57.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2007 , 23:21   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guenhwyvar View Post
Thank you for the reply.

In fact, it could've been a problem with the number of servers: I reorganized the server park and reduced to five servers. My sig is a little bit outdated .

To not spam this thread, I collected some information and attached it (normal+error log from the GG server, meta list, plugins, modules, all the five server lists I use).

In the meantime, every server had a restart, every server (including the gungame) loads the correct five servers out of the serverlist.ini (reported in the standard logfile). The order in the serverlist.ini is the same.

Maybe it's something simple I just not see this moment. I would appreciate it if you could take a look.
after not seeing any problems in your attached file i had a closer look at your error lines again and saw that it were different lines, so the problem is a different one than i first thought. also an issue i didn't come across elsewhere yet. i saw these errors always occur when the plugin accesses an internal array where player information is stored using the player id.
the server handles all players by some internal player id, a number between 0 and 31. the internal arrays i made have 32 fields (hl1 can't have more than 32 people on a server, it's a fixed internal limit), so they can hold information for every player. now here is the problem: your server tells the plugin that there is a player connecting/disconnecting with an id either lower than 0 or higher than 31. the plugin trys to access its array with this invalid index and causes the above error messages.

this scenario is basically impossible, as to what i would have thought until now. there are only two possibilities what could have happened:
  1. you changed the array size of these arrays (g_naLastMenuPages and g_nLastServers) from 32 to something lower. i don't believe this, because you would have no reason to do this. also it would make no sense that you compile this wrong version only for this one server.
  2. some amxx plugin, metamod plugin or other patches/modifications to your server is modifying these id's.

first of all i recommend that you compare the plugins on GG server to the other servers. which plugins does it have that other servers don't have (GG being one of them)? also look at metamod plugins, not only amxx. i am not even sure if an amxx plugin would be able to do this.
now have a closer look at these plugins. is one of them modifying the number of maximum/current players on the server? maybe GG? is your limit of players somehow hacked to be higher than 32? does it have some weird cvar settings for those cvars defining player count? what is the maxplayers parameter which the server is started with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
Guesstimate on the official new release?
i try to release it tomorrow. don't take this as a promise though. some minutes ago i found a new bug with the menu i had to fix and i can't tell for sure if i won't find more. nevertheless it is actually looking to be amazingly stable at present. it's running on all of my 5 servers and people are making much use of the plugin. auto redirection is doing a lot of work there too.
anyway, as i said, there are big changes and those usually come with the potential for big issues we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_bus View Post
On few of my servers I have a problem with this plugin, when I turn it off, there is no problem:

When I start server I also get message:
Code:
pipes.cpp (484) : Assertion Failed: bRet
pipes.cpp (536) : Assertion Failed: bRet
steamclient.cpp (371) : Assertion Failed: pClientPipe->BWriteAndReadResult( buf, bufRet )
steamclient.cpp (373) : Assertion Failed: bufRet.TellPut() == ( sizeof(HSteamUser) + sizeof(uint8) )
And it works, but when someone starts to connect, it crashes and restarts for 10 seconds , if I turn this plugin off, server works ok, :S however, some servers do not have this problem :S. Everithing is the same, servers are all uptodate (hlds, amxx 1.76c, metamod 1.19p2 :S

what could it be?
ouch, this is a difficult one. these errors come from somewhere within the hl or steam engine. i can not even guess what the error means.
i think there is a problem in the server files, let it be the hl engine files itself or additional files like metamod or other plugins/libs/addons. see, every function call in an AMXX plugin calls again functions in AMXX. these again use functions from metamod, which again use hl functions. this works for event handlers in the other direction. from seeing some errors in the hl dedicated server engine i can't tell what was on the other side of the chain in any AMXX plugin. also the root of the problem could sit somewhere in the middle of the chain, so in AMXX itself or metamod.

that it's only happening with xREDIRECT running does not neccessarily mean that xREDIRECT has errors. it's more likely that the server installation is faulty and the plugin is the only one that calls functions that lead to function calls in that faulty installed/configured sector of your server. i would suggest doing a fresh install of this server or maybe just copy it from one of your working servers and modify it afterwards? if the errors stay after this it is still possible that something in the kernel or system libraries of these servers is faulty. you should check how the working servers differ from those with issues.
also check whether these servers with problems run CSDM. according to this thread someone says it's CSDM and they had exactly your error messages there. but maybe CSDM only uses some same problematic function like xREDIRECT.

i wish i could have helped you with some simple instruction that makes everything work again, but that's not possible. good luck with tracking this error down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariansworld View Post
i cant figure out how to automattically show the server list thingy the blue thingy in the middle
i have to do it manualy redirect_announce_now

whats the coomand to show it automattically?

please help ive been trying for so long days and weeks

like this

http://i17.tinypic.com/2a0i5hy.png
check out the FAQ, Q 5 and 6.