Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)

Post New Thread Reply   

dirtyminuth
Old 07-01-2010 , 14:23   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #481

It's possible to add support for customs skins and models, but ultimately this should be completely optional. Attaching large downloads for these skins and models is something I'm not comfortable with. If there's an elegant way to add support without cluttering up the mod, I would consider it.

Regarding zf_asylum, you came to the right place, as I'm the developer. There is a b2 on my desktop right now, which is completely done except for the skybox. I just haven't had the time to finish it. The primary issue it resolves is spawncamping, though the map layout is slightly altered.
Old 07-01-2010 , 14:30   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #482

We would love those custom skins. Perhaps keep them as a separate resource pack and a cvar to enable or disable the use of them?
Vladimir Van Vodka
Old 07-01-2010 , 17:29   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyminuth View Post

[...]

Regarding zf_asylum, you came to the right place, as I'm the developer. There is a b2 on my desktop right now, which is completely done except for the skybox. I just haven't had the time to finish it. The primary issue it resolves is spawncamping, though the map layout is slightly altered.
That's great news, if you ever start on a new map, make sure to keep it as large and as detailed as zf_asylum, admiring the atmosphere and hiding in your map is one of the greatest thrills as a survivor.

I find it's the best zombie fortress map when it comes to quality, theme, atmosphere and gameplay, zf_dustbowl being the second, but zf_dustbowl has a terrible skybox and is just a modified version of cp_dustbowl, so it loses points for that in my book.

Constructive Criticisms;

I would suggest you playerclip some secluded parts of the roof as they are easily camped, because explosive classes can rocket/sticky jump on top with ease and never be reached by zombies.

another note would be that the indoors balcony under the bell is also easily camped by survivors, I would try adding another way into it.
maybe make it so the roof above it is breakable? I don't know it's all up to you.

Non Essential Suggestions;

It would be amazing if you could find a way to make it so engineers can fix the wooden boards and doors with their wrenches, I highly doubt it's possible but it would be astonishing.

Breakable walls are always a nice addition against strong camping places, as they offer the possibility of camping spots for survivors, which they enjoy, but offer zombies a future way to their demise, which they enjoy, and it might force survivors to eventually evacuate and find another new temporary camping spot, which follows my whole "on the move" ideology.

My ideology:

The map is large, it gives the survivors an option to run or hide or camp, which is a real nice because it breaks apart the whole "survivors need to camp" "zombies try and get them" "survivors get overrun/survivors turtled successfully" rinse repeat dilemma.
Being stealthy and always being on the move in my opinion is actually funner and your map is the only map that currently allows players to do this.

I eagerly await the future versions of your map(s), I can't wait to try them!
dirtyminuth
Old 07-03-2010 , 00:59   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #484

New thread is up. Let's continue the discussion there!

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=131282
Old 10-09-2012 , 09:07   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #485

Pretty sure any continuation of this great plugin has gone private to a select few. I know it is a huge project to under take just wondering if any brave souls around to continue support for this?

I can help with testing etc if needed but unfortunately can't help with code.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-09-2012 , 09:14   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
Reply With Quote #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Pretty sure any continuation of this great plugin has gone private to a select few. I know it is a huge project to under take just wondering if any brave souls around to continue support for this?

I can help with testing etc if needed but unfortunately can't help with code.
Have you tried the newer Zombie Fortress or Super Zombie Fortress?