Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Portalboat
Old 06-17-2010 , 22:34   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #461

I heard from Hunterbrute's post that you need code to load them, so it's probably a NetProp somewhere.
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-17-2010 , 22:37   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #462

Uhm, i dont want to be a troll or anything related but, it makes me a bit "sad" to read that i only "got the subtitles working" on your post drukenfox . Because i did something else before, just take a look at.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...1&postcount=57

about portal, that cannot be a "netprop" because, as the name says, Network properties are Network related, and the game doesnt have to send any data of the icons to the client, because the client sets them automatically.
Portalboat
Old 06-17-2010 , 22:40   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #463

Well, he did have you credited, but I included them with the campaign .vpks. So he removed it.

Where do you think they could be, then?
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-17-2010 , 22:44   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
Well, he did have you credited, but I included them with the campaign .vpks. So he removed it.

Where do you think they could be, then?
They must be somewhat linked to their model, and they survivor type (netprop), but i cannot figure out how, or find the file that says the engine to do so. Zoey, francis, louis and bill icons are INSIDE the pak01_dir.vpk file and they cant be seen on the game, so i wonder what would happen if i include those icons on left4dead2_dlc1 folder, but im out of timer right now.
drunkenfox1
Old 06-17-2010 , 22:45   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #465

Right, I saw your method and it seemed very long and a bit more complicated than Portalboat's so I credited you the way I did, though now that I think about it, you do deserve more cred, check out the post in just a minute.
drunkenfox1
Old 06-17-2010 , 22:54   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #466

PortalBoat, what's your steam name?
Portalboat
Old 06-17-2010 , 22:58   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #467

[LM] Portalboat
satannuts
Old 06-17-2010 , 23:01   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #468

Hey, PortalBoat.
Thanks for showing me the current state of this project last night... its looking better and better everyday!!

I figured I'd make a little contribution to make life a little easier for everyone:

All8Survivors.VPK
[13 MB] - link removed

and

All8Survivors_Voices Installer
[645 MB] - link removed

Details:

All8Survivors.VPK
This vpk contains:
  • The few missing l4d1 'models' files that aren't included anywhere in l4d2.
  • All l4d1 survivor scene files that aren't included anywhere in l4d2.
  • A newly rebuilt scenes.image file that includes all l4d2 vcd files plus the missing l4d1 survivor vcd files.
  • PortalBoat's talker scripts - I've renamed the files and added them to the terror_player.txt [at the bottom in #includes section].
Note: If the scene.image file doesn't work from within the vpk file [getting "*.vcd file not found" errors in console], you will have to extract the scene.image from the vpk to left4dead2_dlc1\scenes.

This installer contains:
  • All l4d1 voice files that aren't included anywhere in l4d2.
  • And a newly rebuilt sound.cache that includes just the extra l4d1 voices.
Note: This installer will install an 'addon_sound' folder into left4dead2\addons keeping the voice files separate from the rest of the game. The addon_sound folder will act as an addon and offer a third sound.cache file which can be rebuilt through the console [with snd_rebuildaudiocache].
Also, this addon_sound folder can be used to add more custom sounds from other addons which can also be cached via snd_rebuildaudiocache command in console.

Install Notes:
  1. Put All8Survivors.vpk into your left4dead2\addons folder:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons
  2. Run the All8Survivors_Voices.exe and install into your root l4d2 folder:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2

Hopefully these can help you folks out a little - by offering a standardized installation for clients. And offer a common ground for plug-in writers to benefit from. Clients need to install both files, whereas server admins only need the vpk file and any necessary plug-ins.

Perhaps this could help to avoid any cache issues that are bogging this project down:
By using the addon_sound folder and corresponding sound.cache file, it frees up the games original cache files from loading any extra wav files;
And by using newly named talker files loaded through the terror_player.txt file, which allows the game's original talker files to remain untouched/uncorrupted in order to avoid any possible conflicts.

Hope you don't mind, PortalBoat.
But perhaps you can use your talker files in this fashion instead?

Enjoy!

Last edited by satannuts; 06-25-2010 at 11:55.
Portalboat
Old 06-17-2010 , 23:05   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #469

Well, I don't see why it matters, but I suppose it's okay.
honorcode23
BANNED
Old 06-17-2010 , 23:09   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by satannuts View Post
Hey, PortalBoat.
Thanks for showing me the current state of this project last night... its looking better and better everyday!!

I figured I'd make a little contribution to make life a little easier for everyone:

All8Survivors.VPK
[13 MB] - Download

and

[645 MB] - Download

Details:

All8Survivors.VPK
This vpk contains:
  • The few missing l4d1 'models' files that aren't included anywhere in l4d2.
  • All l4d1 survivor scene files that aren't included anywhere in l4d2.
  • A newly rebuilt scenes.image file that includes all l4d2 vcd files plus the missing l4d1 survivor vcd files.
  • PortalBoat's talker scripts - I've renamed the files and added them to the terror_player.txt [at the bottom in #includes section].
Note: If the scene.image file doesn't work from within the vpk file [getting "*.vcd file not found" errors in console], you will have to extract the scene.image from the vpk to left4dead2_dlc1\scenes.

This installer contains:
  • All l4d1 voice files that aren't included anywhere in l4d2.
  • And a newly rebuilt sound.cache that includes just the extra l4d1 voices.
Note: This installer will install an 'addon_sound' folder into left4dead2\addons keeping the voice files separate from the rest of the game. The addon_sound folder will act as an addon and offer a third sound.cache file which can be rebuilt through the console [with snd_rebuildaudiocache].
Also, this addon_sound folder can be used to add more custom sounds from other addons which can also be cached via snd_rebuildaudiocache command in console.

Install Notes:
  1. Put All8Survivors.vpk into your left4dead2\addons folder:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons
  2. Run the All8Survivors_Voices.exe and install into your root l4d2 folder:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2

Hopefully these can help you folks out a little - by offering a standardized installation for clients. And offer a common ground for plug-in writers to benefit from. Clients need to install both files, whereas server admins only need the vpk file and any necessary plug-ins.

Perhaps this could help to avoid any cache issues that are bogging this project down:
By using the addon_sound folder and corresponding sound.cache file, it frees up the games original cache files from loading any extra wav files;
And by using newly named talker files loaded through the terror_player.txt file, which allows the game's original talker files to remain untouched/uncorrupted in order to avoid any possible conflicts.

Hope you don't mind, PortalBoat.
But perhaps you can use your talker files in this fashion instead?

Enjoy!
You dont know how thankful am i right now! I almost fall from my chair. Thanks alot!