3% 

Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

[NATO]Hunter
Old 07-22-2006 , 11:47   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FON]BlackHole
Are you trying it with STEAM_ID using quotes?
admin_kick "STEAM_0:0:XXXXXX"

I'll double check some of the command line stuff again, but they seemed to work when I went through them the first time.
No, I was trying

#slay Hunter
admin_slay Hunter
ect. (partial username)

And, I found a new bug. Sometimes it happens after a mapchange if the game commences the map changes to de_dust. :/

EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2006 , 13:33   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #442

il add a simple admin_banip , but my magic 8 balls says admins are not gonna know how to use it properbly. And those admins that do, allready have rcon access

@[NATO]Hunter
I checked #slay EKS , it worked like a charm. BAT does not do nick completion.

Show me a way to reproduce a bug and il fix it. Magic bugs that cant be reproduces or somewhat hard to fix
BANNED
Old 07-22-2006 , 17:12   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #443

Very nice plugin, but there is one small glitch that I have discovered. When selecting a vote, or changing a map, the server crashes. Any idea why. Thanks for the plugin.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2006 , 18:17   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox
Very nice plugin, but there is one small glitch that I have discovered. When selecting a vote, or changing a map, the server crashes. Any idea why. Thanks for the plugin.
How on earth im i going to help on this problem? Post information on how to reproduce the problem. and what plugins you run
Old 07-23-2006 , 23:07   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #445

I have not crashed with map votes or changes (on Linux)...

Make sure you try that with only BAT running if you have other plug-ins loaded. Then add them back in one-by-one to see if something else is being a bitch.
nowhere
Old 07-24-2006 , 02:26   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #446

Quote:
Timer on mapchange, so when a mapchange is comming there is a 5 sec coundown. Instead of the "instant" change
With mp_chattime you get a period where play entirely stops and you can wind down before the map switches. I was wondering if you could do that instead of how it is now where people can still run around while the 5 seconds is counting down.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2006 , 10:33   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhere
With mp_chattime you get a period where play entirely stops and you can wind down before the map switches. I was wondering if you could do that instead of how it is now where people can still run around while the 5 seconds is counting down.
I could do that
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2006 , 15:27   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhere
i read that wrong. No i dont want to freeze the players, as that most likely would require me to hook Client_PostThink ( That gets called 1 time pr player pr server frame, you do the math its a cpu intensive thing to hook). If there is another way then perhaps ( but it cannot require sig scanning ).
Old 07-24-2006 , 17:02   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS
There was somone that asked for reserved slots redirect in BAT ( I forgot to reply).
Basicly i think redirecting to a static IP is bad, as you can end up redirecting to a thats full or emty.

So a proper solution for this problem, would involve contacting a SQL server that had "control" over what servers had free slots and so on. And thats not a feature that fits inside my describtion of basic.
It ever the servers i would need a feature like this, i may end up coding it. But dont hold your breath
Any way you could still end up coding this? This is the perfect plugin save for the lack of redirection. We have 3 high traffic servers that we redirect people around to, and are looking to change admin mods.

Pretty please?
#gamerscoalition @ GameSurge
Send a message via AIM to Fatty
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2006 , 17:33   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #450

I stand with what i said, if i do a redirection it will be as described above. Your not the only one that wants a feature like that ( Your like the 3 person or so to ask ).

Btw this can easly be done with the AdminInterface , so anyone *hint hint* can code it witout a need to alter BAT in any way