[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2011 , 21:10   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomteat View Post
It's annoying, cause most of the great maps are the ones that don't work--and Voogru is a selfish monster.
What's annoying is he wants to be 'the man' with dodgeball, charging folks $50 per MONTH to use his plugins and maps. Holy heck, that's more than it costs to run a server for most people. I won't call him a monster, but he *IS* selfish in that regard.....which is why others have had to come up with knock-offs like this plugin which seem to work. We've built a community around the knock off without paying $50 a month and people enjoy it.......so whatever.....he'd get further by maybe charging a flat rate, like ANY OTHER PIECE OF SOFTWARE....he's not for "the community", just "his" community. Sad really to see someone who thinks his plugin is worth more than the game itself it's based off of........ /end rant
GraveD
Old 07-08-2011 , 07:04   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomteat View Post
There's a severe error when I try to use this mod with my server. It works perfectly, right up until someone shoots another player or hits them with flamethrower flames, then the whole server crashes down and needs to be booted back up.

The error: ABORTED: Player failed to take the damage.

Can anyone help?
I'm experiencing the same problem!

Please help friends!

Last edited by GraveD; 07-08-2011 at 07:56.
tomteat
Old 07-08-2011 , 07:27   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowblood View Post
Maybe sometime I will create more maps.

Tomteat, look 1 post above you, the maps I made aren't that bad. My map tfdb_spacebox isn't very different from redcourt.
All of your maps are installed on my server, and I must say they are pretty great. I was just asking so the allowance of a much wider map range becomes available.
tomteat
Old 07-08-2011 , 07:30   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #434

I've tried to add the entity to all maps via Source:Stripper, but the missiles launch from the exact MIDDLE of the map since I didn't give any origin. On maps like tennis, this means the missiles will repeatedly crash underneath the map.
To fix this, I'd have to increase the height origin, but I'm unsure how I would do that; but I'm pretty sure increasing the height would cause it to work on MOST maps.

P.S: I totally agree with you SmackDaddy.

Right now, I don't see any EU server that runs the DB mod and is consistently online with a variety of maps to choose from. -|R9|- (My community) is expanding from a dying game where it has been for almost a decade, always active. We are launching a dedi company--which means putting up servers for us is easy. If Asherkin or anyone else can help us with these minor issues on page 43-44--we would have a reliable EU DB server, much like the old B2B one. (Btw, does anyone know where the B2B server went or why it was took offline?)

Last edited by tomteat; 07-08-2011 at 07:42.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2011 , 20:42   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #435

If you check out our downloads tomteat, all the maps we use, we've already 'fixed' the issue with the rocket hitting the ground on launch......you all are free to download all our tfdb_maps....

http://themadclan.com (downloads area of forum)
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2011 , 02:30   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #436

Are there any people that run this on a windows machine and have it stable (as in, if you shoot the other with a flare for instance) that it doesn't crash. Strangly enough it should only allow the flamethrower and nothing else ingame (which gets reset after the first round)
Old 07-11-2011 , 08:21   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #437

Quote:
Commands
  • sm_dodgeball_rocket <team> - Fires a rocket from the specified teams next launcher, team can be either 2 (red) or 3 (blue).
  • sm_dodgeball_headrocket - Fires a rocket from your eyes, what more is there to be said.
  • sm_dodgeball_rocket_nuke <team> - Fires a nuke from the specified teams next launcher, team can be either 2 (red) or 3 (blue).
  • sm_dodgeball_headrocket_nuke - Fires a nuke from your eyes, what more is there to be said.
Whenever I try to use any of these commands I get an error saying they don't exist(Unknown Command). However all of the other sm_dodgeball convars seem to be working. Any help?

Last edited by Lamp; 07-11-2011 at 08:25.
tomteat
Old 07-11-2011 , 11:56   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #438

Thanks SMACKDADDY, I noticed a few maps there I have yet to try--will check them out later
GraveD
Old 07-12-2011 , 12:01   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #439

The error: ABORTED: Player failed to take the damage.

If one of you great ppl could help wich have the plugin running as we speak, i would be a very happy man.

I tried to solve it myself but i give up

If the plugin currently works perfect for you could you post your sourcemod and matemod version. There are tons of them available for download and i lost it. all recents versions and older one deont seem to work for me.

Many thanks in advance.
tomteat
Old 07-12-2011 , 12:02   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #440

It's the plugin itself GraveD. You aren't doing anything wrong. We just need to wait for an update