AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2009 , 22:22   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerz99 View Post
hey this cvar

If set, it will scramble after a team wins X full rounds in a row
gs_winstreak "3"

How does it determine a round on PL based maps?
when the full round bool is given off on the win event, on payload maps, that happens if the teams are about to swap (red defends any stage, or blue wins the final stage)
Old 08-20-2009 , 04:08   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #422

Again. Frag ratio scramble didn't work. But WinTime scramble working fine.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg plugin.gscramble.cfg (5.5 KB, 113 views)
Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-20-2009 , 05:24   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #423

No idea if you've implemented this (or if it's possible), but I had an idea exclusive to the KOTH game mode:

If a team wins where their opposing team didn't capture the point once, scramble the teams (eg: the losing team's timer stays at its default time for the entire round), or better yet, have a cvar to define a time in seconds, and if the losing team's timer is above/below this time (depending on how it's done), scramble!

Last edited by Jindo; 08-20-2009 at 05:55.
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-20-2009 , 05:46   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolus View Post
Again. Frag ratio scramble didn't work. But WinTime scramble working fine.
according to my logs, its detecting the ratio fine. perhaps 1.8 is too steep.

example, if the losing team has 50 frags, the winners must have 90 frags for that part to trigger at the setting of 1.8
Old 08-20-2009 , 07:31   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalGoerge View Post
when the full round bool is given off on the win event, on payload maps, that happens if the teams are about to swap (red defends any stage, or blue wins the final stage)
can i set setup different winstreaks for different maps if i add that cvar into that maps cfg file?
Old 08-20-2009 , 08:29   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #426

Jokerz99, yeah, you can. Just don't forget to comment winstreak cvar in plugin.gscramble.cfg

BrutalGoerge, look at screenshot http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=419, frag ratio = 3.
On r4 it works, when i update to r5 -> fail.

upd: I added frag ratio in debug log. See what i get.
Quote:
L 08/20/2009 - 19:57:25: Starting auto-scramble check.
L 08/20/2009 - 19:57:25: didn't find any scramble
L 08/20/2009 - 19:57:25: FR = 0.285714
L 08/20/2009 - 19:58:42: Starting auto-scramble check.
L 08/20/2009 - 19:58:42: didn't find any scramble
L 08/20/2009 - 19:58:42: FR = 0.428571
0.28 = 1/3.57 and 3.57 >1.8

Last edited by krolus; 08-20-2009 at 10:02.
*David*
Old 08-20-2009 , 15:06   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #427

Hey Goerge! We're using your plugin exclusively to do our auto-balancing now over at our community, and I've got to ask for just a couple other additions, if you would be so kind.

First of all, we'd like to only swap dead players, not living ones. This was something our old ATB did and our community is used to getting switched on death only.

Also, for those who are using the immunities to balance for engies and medics with ubers, you may want (if possible) to protect any player currently being ubered by a medic as well. We had an incident where someone was auto-balanced while in the middle of being ubered. Needless to say they weren't happy :p

Thanks again for this jem of a plugin and for all the continual work you're putting into refining it!
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-20-2009 , 16:02   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by *David* View Post
Hey Goerge! We're using your plugin exclusively to do our auto-balancing now over at our community, and I've got to ask for just a couple other additions, if you would be so kind.

First of all, we'd like to only swap dead players, not living ones. This was something our old ATB did and our community is used to getting switched on death only.

Also, for those who are using the immunities to balance for engies and medics with ubers, you may want (if possible) to protect any player currently being ubered by a medic as well. We had an incident where someone was auto-balanced while in the middle of being ubered. Needless to say they weren't happy :p

Thanks again for this jem of a plugin and for all the continual work you're putting into refining it!
if you set the max unbalance time convar to 0, it should shut off swapping living players mid-round.

and i tossed in a uber-charged check for living players, hopefully that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolus View Post
Jokerz99, yeah, you can. Just don't forget to comment winstreak cvar in plugin.gscramble.cfg

BrutalGoerge, look at screenshot http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=419, frag ratio = 3.
On r4 it works, when i update to r5 -> fail.

upd: I added frag ratio in debug log. See what i get.

0.28 = 1/3.57 and 3.57 >1.8
fixed it
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-21-2009 , 03:25   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #429

"Idea: How about an option to make it so that gs_as_playerscore_avgdiff only takes effect if the team on the high end of the avgdiff is the winning team? I mean, if you've got Attack vs Defense and round end has defenders with >20 avgdiff, but attackers won, then clearly that's not an issue, yeah?"

Also: Can there please be a command to cancel an actual scramble in the 5 second time window given? eg sm_cancelscramble or something? Sometimes an autoscramble starts but the teams are even (exception to the rule) and we want to avoid the scramble.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindo View Post
No idea if you've implemented this (or if it's possible), but I had an idea exclusive to the KOTH game mode:

If a team wins where their opposing team didn't capture the point once, scramble the teams (eg: the losing team's timer stays at its default time for the entire round), or better yet, have a cvar to define a time in seconds, and if the losing team's timer is above/below this time (depending on how it's done), scramble!
I like this a lot!
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-21-2009 , 04:34   Re: [TF2] gScramble + Balance 1.9r5
Reply With Quote #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
"Idea: How about an option to make it so that gs_as_playerscore_avgdiff only takes effect if the team on the high end of the avgdiff is the winning team? I mean, if you've got Attack vs Defense and round end has defenders with >20 avgdiff, but attackers won, then clearly that's not an issue, yeah?"

Also: Can there please be a command to cancel an actual scramble in the 5 second time window given? eg sm_cancelscramble or something? Sometimes an autoscramble starts but the teams are even (exception to the rule) and we want to avoid the scramble.

Also:
I like this a lot!
it alreadly makes sure the winning team has the higher # of dominations, avg score diff, and frags.

sm_cancel
1. cancels any pending scramble :p

just checking to see if both teams take ownership of the point should be easy. i don't know why, but it seems valve makes it a pain to poke around the timer values. but i duno how the koth ones work