Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]

Post New Thread Reply   

savagekid
Old 08-03-2009 , 11:28   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #391

Do you mean when itz 4 Vs 4, theres 4 bots, but when another join, another survivor magically appears?

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
mutt
Old 08-03-2009 , 11:33   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
Do you mean when itz 4 Vs 4, theres 4 bots, but when another join, another survivor magically appears?
If you have 2 people on a versus server. Yo will have a player on survivors and 1 as infected. There will be 3 bots and 1 person on the survivors. If you have the plugin installed on a 12 slot server. You will have 5 bots and 1 person. I would like to limit the amount of bots to only 4 like a standard server but still have the available 6 slots per side. Not all the extra bots.
savagekid
Old 08-03-2009 , 11:35   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #393

Ok, so if I'm right, you just want the standard 4 Vs 4 with 4 Spectator slots (4 + 4 + 4 = 12 Slots). Basically you just set the survivor limit to 4 and the infected limit to 4. Then you'll have 4 Survivors and 4 Infected.

mutt
Old 08-03-2009 , 11:53   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #394

Quote:
Ok, so if I'm right, you just want the standard 4 Vs 4 with 4 Spectator slots (4 + 4 + 4 = 12 Slots). Basically you just set the survivor limit to 4 and the infected limit to 4. Then you'll have 4 Survivors and 4 Infected.
LOL No I want to have 6 vs 6 without all the extra bots. On a live map with 2 players in game. You will have 1 person with 3 bots but the server can still have 10 more players join. The way the plugin is coded it gives you 5 bots with 1 player on survivors. Would only like to have 3 bots. I am looking to limit the amount of bots to a max of 4. on a 12 slot server.
Bigbuck
Old 08-03-2009 , 11:55   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #395

I spoke with DDR Khat a few weeks ago and he told me that he has no interest in continuing to develop SuperVersus. I would hate to see this go to waste since a lot of people are using it. DDR Khat gave me permission to continue SuperVersus so that is my plan. I will work on getting SuperVersus functional and savagekid will be beta testing. Once it is ready I will start a new thread for SuperVersus 2.0.
mutt
Old 08-03-2009 , 12:01   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #396

I would be able to beta test on my server if you need extra help. I am not very good with coding but would like to learn. I have been running servers for years but never really got into coding. I would like to start developing plugins.
Bigbuck
Old 08-03-2009 , 12:03   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #397

I just started a month or so ago myself. I have experience with other languages so it wasn't hard to pick it up. I would recommend reading the Wiki and doing the tutorials.
turktheturd
Old 08-03-2009 , 14:44   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Hah no its different.
Code:
// Should we clear lobby reservaton? (For use with Left4DownTown extension ONLY)
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
l4d_killreservation "0"
Unreserves even when server is not full. The other plugin only reserves when the server is full.

make sure sv_allow_lobby_connect_only is set to 0 in server.cfg

Happy to help
thanks. yeah It helped but can random pubbers join with matchmaking if i set it to 0?

Quote:
hold on a second!
does it work that way?
if I set 4 survivor 4 infected, can i join my server as spectator? (12 slots)

Last edited by turktheturd; 08-03-2009 at 14:49.
savagekid
Old 08-03-2009 , 15:45   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #399

@Turktheturd

Yes, you can as long as you have Downtown1's Lobby Unreserve, Score/Team Manager and his Extension. If you have 2 slots the other 4 will be desinated as spectator slots. You just type !spectate to become a spectator.

Beware, if you join spectator, it is much harder to fill the slot that you left. As in one team will have a bot with them/one person down because normal quick join doesn't allow more people to join. Well sometimes it does.

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2009 , 16:00   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
I spoke with DDR Khat a few weeks ago and he told me that he has no interest in continuing to develop SuperVersus. I would hate to see this go to waste since a lot of people are using it. DDR Khat gave me permission to continue SuperVersus so that is my plan. I will work on getting SuperVersus functional and savagekid will be beta testing. Once it is ready I will start a new thread for SuperVersus 2.0.
Something's wrong with Super Versus? I've been using the version posted at page 25 since June 23 without any problems. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=244

Extra medkits works and that "free slot" problem has been solved. I don't see why you would work on another version?

Last edited by Visual77; 08-03-2009 at 16:03.