Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt

Post New Thread Reply   

WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2014 , 06:44   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Is SMAC even under development/maintenance anymore? I see in their repo (which I will NOT link to here for obvious reasons), that no files have changed since "2014-03-22"?
It might be slowed a bit while kigen issue is going.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2014 , 14:44   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #2

We host a bunch of TF2 servers and a couple of FOF servers.

We do not have false positives from real players using the code above.

Our servers use a IRC notification system as soon as it detects someone using any hacks, then it adds them to our anti-hack database as well as notify all admins on all servers.

We do not worry about most of the hackers on our servers, because our system treats hackers differently than most other systems.

We only "ban" hackers we can not control.

We database, tag and monitor hackers. Once in our database, we now have "control" of how well the hackers play on our servers.

We believe this concept here is true: If you ban someone for hacking, they know they got caught and they only need to create a new account to hack again.

What we also believe this is true: if you force a hacker to figure out if he/she was caught.. it is just too much work for the hacker, and they eventually leave your server for other servers that they would know when their hacks was detected or not just by being banned from that server.

We have seen a major decline in hacking usage on our servers using this new system for the past year. Our first 3 years.. we was banning hackers on a daily basis. With this new program, we rarely ever see anyone set off our modified SMACS.

The weird thing is.. since we've not had any MVM servers in a while, and since our new additions for 2 MVM servers, there tends to be more players actively hacking on MVM.. LOL. Why hack MVM??

I highly suggest you monitor anyone that triggers SMACS after patching this update. You'll find over time that those players are actually hacking. Players whom use hacking software never admit to hacking, and actually will make you doubt that you have even claimed it on them. Never confront a hacker, unless you wish to loose the battle of words. They are very good at making you doubt that they are not using hacking software. Your best bet is to track and monitor them. If they are consistently triggering the anti-hack system, and you spectator them using various accounts, you will find they are actually hacking and will not flinch to lie to your face! Our system does that for us. It adds up the number of times a player triggers the SMACS system, and we also spectator them too.

When battling a force of players whom want to cheat, you will have to work hard to create a environment that hackers hate, otherwise you'll end up with a ton of hackers on your server and you will never know whom to trust.

The battle seems to be never ending, but if you follow what I've done, you'll find that you can create a environment where hackers know your servers and avoid them.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-07-2014 at 23:23. Reason: added more insight and knowledge
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-08-2014 , 09:46   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo War3Evo View Post
I highly suggest you monitor anyone that triggers SMACS after patching this update. You'll find over time that those players are actually hacking.
I've never heard a more wrong sentence. Your patch causes false positives with players using the conga taunt and you're going to end up banning innocent players.
Old 07-08-2014 , 13:39   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #4

Bravo, I'll not worry about posting my patches for SMACS. You guys already got this.

I will stand by my own fix, as I am not sure why your servers are creating false positives as nobody explains what they do to create them. I can only assume the hackers know of this bug and are exploiting it making you think its a false positive.

Can you recreate the false positives yourself or is someone on your server telling you its a false positive?

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 07-08-2014 at 13:59. Reason: trying to be more positive :P
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2014 , 18:30   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Can you recreate the false positives yourself or is someone on your server telling you its a false positive?
We can recreate the false positives ourselves.
Old 07-21-2014 , 01:30   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #6

I was using 0.8.5.1 version. I've found 0.8.5.2 version at bitbucket (hope it's safe). Installed, still tracking conga as cheat. Now I'm using smac_taunt_fix plugin and now is ok.

My doubt is, there is still cheaters playing on my server, a sniper that his screen shake like hell and he can see invisible spys, only headshots. No logs, no detections, I'm lost...

Code:
           36 "SMAC Command Monitor" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team
           37 "SMAC Rcon Locker" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team
           38 "SourceMod Anti-Cheat" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team
           39 "SMAC Client Protection" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team
           40 "SMAC AutoTrigger Detector" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team
           41 "SMAC Aimbot Detector" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team
           42 "SMAC Eye Angle Test" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team
           43 "SMAC ConVar Checker" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team
           44 "SMAC Anti-Speedhack" (0.8.5.2) by SMAC Development Team

// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.5.0-dev+3675)
// ConVars for plugin "smac.smx"

// [smac_aimbot.smx] Number of aimbot detections before a player is banned. Minimum allowed is 4. (0 = Never ban)
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
smac_aimbot_ban "10"

// [smac_commands.smx] Amount of commands allowed in one second before kick. (0 = Disabled)
// -
// Default: "30"
smac_antispam_cmds "30"

// [smac_client.smx] Seconds to prevent someone from restablishing a connection. (0 = Disabled)
// -
// Default: "2"
smac_antispam_connect "2"

// [smac_autotrigger.smx] Automatically ban players on auto-trigger detections.
// -
// Maximum: "1.000000"
smac_autotrigger_ban "0"

// The duration in minutes used for automatic bans. (0 = Permanent)
// -
smac_ban_duration "0"

// [smac_eyetest.smx] Automatically ban players on eye test detections.
// -
smac_eyetest_ban "1"

// [smac_eyetest.smx] Enable compatibility mode with third-party plugins. This will disable some detection methods.
// -
smac_eyetest_compat "0"

// Include extra information about a client being logged.
// -
smac_log_verbose "1"

// [smac_client.smx] Kick clients that fail to authenticate within 10 seconds of joining the server.
// -
smac_validate_auth "0"

// Display a message saying that your server is protected.
// -
// Default: "1"
smac_welcomemsg "1"
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2014 , 14:04   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Why I post again? can't delete this.. oh well.
Eh, there is a delete option in the edit window...
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2014 , 14:28   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Eh, there is a delete option in the edit window...
Thanks
Old 07-08-2014 , 11:03   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #9

My server records demo all the time, and all SMAC detections are tied to demo tick number. So im able for absolutely sure confirm that El Diablo War3Evo`s code doesn`t help solving false positives by Conga taunt. But i solved that issue by preventing players from being detected in 2 seconds after TF2_OnConditionRemoved
Old 07-08-2014 , 14:36   Re: Eye-Angles module + TF2 dance taunt
Reply With Quote #10

This happens because of the code logic mistake, it is possible to have a detection between taunt condition remove and the camera completely turned to first person view.