Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CS:GO Reserved slots?

Post New Thread Reply   

nickCR
Old 09-13-2012 , 20:39   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #31

Only thing I know is that slot reservation is working on some servers. The TG CS:GO server just booted me for "Reserved Slot" so something is working, not sure if they paid someone to code the plug for them but I know for a fact that it's working as it kicked me
paterinvictus
Old 09-14-2012 , 14:07   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #32

So where is the Immunity flag so that our regulars/donators dont get booted?

And no, The above config does NOT work.

"failed to join: session is full"

Last edited by paterinvictus; 09-14-2012 at 14:48.
paterinvictus
Old 09-15-2012 , 07:29   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #33

So can anyone enlighten us that do not have it working?
murisse
Old 09-15-2012 , 08:06   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #34

I believe reserved slots is working.

From prior cs:GO builds it was reported that cs:Go servers, no matter what, identify the server as having 32 slots (even if your server actually has only 24). This is important because it defines how many "reserved slots" you must make to achieve a reserved slot.

For example - assume you have a 24 slot server and you would like to have 1 reserved slot with reserve_type 1 (where it constantly kicks someone to leave that 1 reserved slot open). Effectively the server will always have 23 ppl in the server with 1 slot open for reserve.

To achieve this.. you will need to identify in the config that you have not 1 reserve slot but actually (32-23=9) 9 reserve slots. You dont have 32 slots on your server but that doesn't matter... cs:go for some reason always thinks you have 32. So by identifying that you have 9 reserve slots.. you effectively trick the server into believe that you are reserving down from 32 slots to the 23 slots open that you want.

using sv_visiblemaxplayers is a way to, I believe, help your non-reserved slot players join your server. If one slot is always open ... they have to manually sit at the screen waiting to join your server becuase the auto join feature will not work (the server is technically never full and will show 23/24). However, if you set visible max players at 23... then the server will appear full and the auto join feature should work for non reserved slot players.

hidden slots in the config must be set to 0. this will not work atm. you have to use visiblemaxplayers to achieve the 23/23 display.

I hope this helps... please let me know

Mursie
VJScope
Old 09-15-2012 , 08:18   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #35

So should I take maxplayers "30" away from gamemodes_server.txt?
reserve_type 1
sm_hide_slots 0
sm_reserved_slots 2 (32-30 = 2 but what if I say we have 31 slots and we'd like to hide 1?)
sv_visiblemaxplayers = ???????? (def. -1)
Old 09-15-2012 , 10:12   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #36

I have a 31 slot server.

I put reserve slots at 2.. which brings 32 down to 30.. (leaving 1 slot reserved open).

my server is basically 30/31 at all times... but I set visiblemaxplayers at 30 so it shows 30/30

as for the gamemodes I believe mine is set at 20 max players.. but my game server provider has the override set in the command line of the server and likely has it set at the slots i have purchased... which is 31.
VJScope
Old 09-15-2012 , 11:33   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by murisse View Post
I have a 31 slot server.

I put reserve slots at 2.. which brings 32 down to 30.. (leaving 1 slot reserved open).

my server is basically 30/31 at all times... but I set visiblemaxplayers at 30 so it shows 30/30

as for the gamemodes I believe mine is set at 20 max players.. but my game server provider has the override set in the command line of the server and likely has it set at the slots i have purchased... which is 31.
Thank you very much!

Last edited by VJScope; 09-15-2012 at 11:33.
nickCR
Old 09-15-2012 , 22:50   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by murisse View Post
I have a 31 slot server.

Props to Mursie for providing this config. It's working!

It is important to note that it does not restrict who gets the reserved slot. It will give it to anyone.

What is the logic behind the reserved slot? Does it kick someone to keep the server at the visiblemaxplayers? As it stands now it looks like the reserved slot is keeping players in those slots and not booting them.

Our setup:

We have a 26 slot server
We have visiblemaxplayers 24
We have reserved 8

We had a full server 24/24, we had an admin try he got in the backdoor no problem server went 25/24. Then we asked a regular player to join in the backdoor and sure enough 26/24 and no one was kicked.

Thanks in advance for your help!
SiCkBoYECS
Old 09-16-2012 , 07:00   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #39

I can't get it to work with me.
To test these are my settings.

in gamemodes_server.txt: maxplayers "32"

sourcemod.cfg in:
sm_reserve_type 0
sm_reserved_slots 30
sm_hide_slots 0

in server.cfg: sv_visiblemaxplayers 2

I test for two players in game without the flag A , I see 2 players / 2.
I'm flag A but I can't join the server it says it is full.
VJScope
Old 09-16-2012 , 15:16   Re: CS:GO Reserved slots?
Reply With Quote #40

It still doesn't work. It kicks all players except admins.

sv_visiblemaxplayers is 30 in gamemode_casual.cfg

sourcemod.cfg:
sm_reserve_type 1
sm_reserved_slots 2
sm_hide_slots 0

Code:
"GameModes_Server.txt"
{
	"gameTypes"
	{
		"classic"
		{
			"gameModes"
			{
			"casual"
			{

"maxplayers" "20"

"convars"
				{

}
			}
				"competitive"
				{
					"covars"
					{

}
				}
			}
		}

"gungame"
		{
			"gameModes"
			{
				"gungameprogressive"
				{
					"maxplayers"		"20"
				}

"gungametrbomb"
				{
					"maxplayers"		"20"
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

Last edited by VJScope; 09-16-2012 at 15:16.