Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Loading banner (NEW)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

TheSpirit
BANNED
Old 05-13-2011 , 22:39   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_freeze View Post
WTF ?? After I joined another server it worked fine for me.. Standard position of the banned. Only when i connect that server my setting change temporary.
Slowhacking means, your not allowed to do that, because it changes clients settings without the permission.
L1yod
Old 05-15-2011 , 15:40   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

I have this plugin who could decompile the source code?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2011 , 17:07   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Nobody here because that plugin is not allowed on these forums.
Old 05-15-2011 , 19:30   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolent[jNr]
Changing a client's settings or files without their permission (aka slowhacking) is not allowed here.
What kind of double-talk is this? Isn't this what is happening nearly everytime some plug-in is created? When I join any server, never do I ever see any listing of all the plugins a server might have installed. So, anybody who connects to any server "unwittingly" becomes subject to downloading or having some sort of alteration performed. Take for instance, custom skins. Or Loading songs. Why do I have to download (essentially have installed) a bunch of crap I didn't ask for?

It seems to me that the only "settings" being changed are server-side in this instance so that their "advertisement" is displayed.

And to the point of Valve. As was asked... "Who cares about valve?" Exactly, who cares about them. They didn't own CS or DOD when I originally installed them. For everything that they've screwed up over the years, do you think they care one iota about us?

It seems to me that everytime somebody runs certain plug-ins then they are violating the rights reserved for the map author. For instance, who gave the authority for any admin to add "Blocks" to any map? Who gave any admin the authority to change lighting in maps? Who gave any admin the authority to remove entities in maps? It seems, in instances like these, if they weren't originally part of the map design, then you have no authority to take liberties without the map author's consent. Just because you have the capability to create something, it does not mean you should.

If you want to take the moral high-ground in dealing with plugins and such, then be consistent.

Last edited by gunsofnavarone; 05-15-2011 at 19:59. Reason: Added additional comments
wickedd
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2011 , 19:57   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsofnavarone View Post
What kind of double-talk is this? Isn't this what is happening nearly everytime some plug-in is created? When I join any server, never do I ever see any listing of all the plugins a server might have installed. So, anybody who connects to any server "unwittingly" becomes subject to downloading or having some sort of alteration performed. Take for instance, custom skins. Or Loading songs. Why do I have to download (essentially have installed) a bunch of crap I didn't ask for?

It seems to me that the only "settings" being changed are server-side in this instance so that their "advertisement" is displayed.

And to the point of Valve. As was asked... "Who cares about valve?" Exactly, who cares about them. They didn't own CS or DOD when I originally installed them. For everything that they've screwed up over the years, do you think they care one iota about us?
It's not double talk. Downloading custom skins is not slowhacking.
gunsofnavarone
Old 05-15-2011 , 20:04   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedd View Post
It's not double talk. Downloading custom skins is not slowhacking.
Of course it is.
drekes
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2011 , 21:05   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Quote:
Of course it is.
You can make a client download custom skins/sprites/sounds,
it doesn't change anything to the setup / binds of a clients game.
It can be used to change the gameplay on the server, but doesn't affect the client anywhere else except other servers that run that plugin/mod.

Slowhacking changes the client's binds/loading screens or other stuff without him knowing about it.
Lots of people also don't know how to revert these changes, which can cause kicks / bans on other servers (like advertising binds for example.)

Also if a client connects to a server, he usually sees if it's running a mod or something in the hostname, so he knows he'll be downloading custom stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilgupta345 View Post
You're retarded.
Send a message via MSN to drekes
TheSpirit
BANNED
Old 05-15-2011 , 21:09   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Quote:

It seems to me that everytime somebody runs certain plug-ins then they are violating the rights reserved for the map author. For instance, who gave the authority for any admin to add "Blocks" to any map? Who gave any admin the authority to change lighting in maps? Who gave any admin the authority to remove entities in maps? It seems, in instances like these, if they weren't originally part of the map design, then you have no authority to take liberties without the map author's consent. Just because you have the capability to create something, it does not mean you should.

If you want to take the moral high-ground in dealing with plugins and such, then be consistent.
Hmm
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2011 , 21:12   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Quote:
That's the great thing about 'open source' communities. A lot of good things have come from it. If you say "never change this" then you could be missing out on some amazing stuff. One man is never greater than several thousands . That is why many linux varieties are thriving.

If we couldn't change anything about the game and/or maps then Counter-Strike would be dead and you would then be "controlled" but Valve and you would only get what they give you.

Many people whether they be scripters or mappers like to see their creations grow into something bigger then they ever imagined. It's an awesome outcome.

Last edited by fysiks; 05-15-2011 at 21:15.
drekes
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2011 , 22:13   Re: Loading banner (NEW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
That's the great thing about 'open source' communities. A lot of good things have come from it. If you say "never change this" then you could be missing out on some amazing stuff. One man is never greater than several thousands . That is why many linux varieties are thriving.

If we couldn't change anything about the game and/or maps then Counter-Strike would be dead and you would then be "controlled" but Valve and you would only get what they give you.

Many people whether they be scripters or mappers like to see their creations grow into something bigger then they ever imagined. It's an awesome outcome.
That is the greatest speech i ever read

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilgupta345 View Post
You're retarded.
Send a message via MSN to drekes
Closed Thread