Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply   

msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2009 , 19:41   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #31

You're close, Zoey is "teenangst" which I thought was pretty funny. Louis is "manager".

Boomer mobs are spawned as "ITmob", since the game refers to someone puked on as "it", see the game events.

I am going to do some testing for a Versus version of the plugin, but I think I may have to wait until the SDK is released and we get some proper SourceMod integration instead of the hacks we have now that may or may not work.
Old 01-06-2009 , 20:03   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #32

Yep, that's correct. I'll have to watch the log for the boomer to check that out.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2009 , 23:02   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #33

Web stats will be done tonight or tomorrow and then I will get back to everyone who has shown interest. I'm also going to make a full chart of what points you get for doing what, on what difficulty. Thank you again.
Old 01-08-2009 , 15:47   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #34

Okay I have PM'd a few of those who were interested. The web stats are almost done, expect them available by tonight. The first version of the stats is ready to go though.

I need to be very clear since there has been some confusion - you MUST have as MySQL server either running locally, or an outside server that allows external connections. The latter requires either the IP address or a wildcard host, as well as changes to your my.cnf file.
Old 01-10-2009 , 03:08   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #35

Did you manage to work out a system for versus yet?
Also, rather than just storing points into one big pool for each difficulty, would it not be redundant to have seperate pools going for each difficulty?
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2009 , 04:35   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #36

Yes and no. I have some ideas on how I want to handle Versus, but I am going to wait until I get version 1 of this out the door before I start working on another, big project.

I am not sure what you are asking. Yes I think it would be redundant -which is why I'm not doing that. If there is big enough demand to have the actual stats seperate then I could try to break up the stats that way, but I have been going on the rule of "the bigger the reward, the bigger the risk" and having a global ranking. Otherwise you would basically have 3 leader boards, 3 sections on the Player Stats page, 3 Top 10s... It would get to be a lot, a lot more than I think what people want.
Old 01-12-2009 , 14:12   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
It would get to be a lot, a lot more than I think what people want.
Actually, after brainstorming with my people, we've determined that our custom stats system is going to have a "Co-Op" tab, and a "Versus" Tab, as no one thought it was a good idea to allow the stats farmers to run up their overall "Global" scores playing games against the ridiculously easy (advanced) AI on co-op.

That way there will be a "Top Co-Op" players list, and a "Top Versus" players list. Which, to me, would seem to be the best way to go.

That's not to disparage your work, which I think is top-notch. It's just the direction we've chosen to go with our own custom system.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2009 , 16:25   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #38

That's fine. I think in the end I am going to make 2 versions, a co-op version and a versus version. Best of luck!

EDIT
On another note, the closed beta is going well and I think I am going to do a full release version in the next week or so.

Last edited by msleeper; 01-12-2009 at 16:44.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2009 , 22:13   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #39

Just an update for everyone, I am in the final testing for this and I will probably do the full public release in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone who helped me beta test this and find all of the issues. I have updated the first post too, so check that out.

I have a fully working webstats up, you can view live examples of them here:

http://www.f7lans.com/l4dstats/
http://thehh.co.uk/l4dstats.php
http://www.sobadass.com/l4dstats/

Last edited by msleeper; 01-13-2009 at 22:59.
Reitak
BANNED
Old 01-14-2009 , 07:01   Re: [L4D] Stats Plugin Ideas/Suggestions
Reply With Quote #40

very nice