Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

RESTORED!: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)

Post New Thread Reply   

vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 09-26-2007 , 22:52   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #31

Is the svc download communal, meaning is like one cstrike custom content folder for everyone? or do you have everyone separated.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2007 , 23:50   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Is the svc download communal, meaning is like one cstrike custom content folder for everyone? or do you have everyone separated.
I have everyone separately allocated although I thought about making it communal. The reason I did not do that is that people can have different versions of the same file. If someone would be willing to write a php script or uploader for me, I'd consider making it communal and for anyone to use although that would probably eat through my bandwidth/storage quicker.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
drunkenbusdriver
Old 09-29-2007 , 15:27   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukha View Post
I have a cs1.6 server and would love to make it fast download. Although I am fairly new to owning a server. I know the basics of it all but making it a fast download, I might need help. Pm me if you would like to help me. Thx in advance.
Practically all you have to do is mirror your cstrike onto ftp, e.g.

www.yoursvdownloadurl.com/vukha/cstrike

in there you would have your .wads and the sprites,models,maps,etc folders.

then just put "sv_downloadurl www.yoursvdownloadurl.com/vukha/cstrike" in your server.cfg and reboot, viola!

Make sure you have the .res files for maps as well, sometimes maps wont download materials without them. Google 'resgen' and you'll see how it's done.

Good luck!
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2007 , 03:06   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #34

Yes, offer still valid.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
Nikolasr
Old 10-17-2007 , 06:23   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #35

tnx for sv_downloadurl it's work great
Old 10-17-2007 , 14:30   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolasr View Post
tnx for sv_downloadurl it's work great
Np. Glad you got it working :-)

Slmclarengt

Edo
Old 10-23-2007 , 10:25   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #37

I just sent you a pm clarengt about using sv_downloadurl if the offer still stands. I have no problem with the instructions you gave getting it to work myself. Thanks in advance.
Edo
Old 10-25-2007 , 10:05   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #38

You gotta be freakin kidding me?!?!?! I just got this to work and I'm blown away how much of a difference this makes. I added some large maps to my server as a test and the new DL's are almost instantaineous; it's absolutely incredible. Why aren't more people taking advantage of this?

Thanks so much for your generosity slmclarengt. The DL speeds are unbelievable.
Pro Patria Finland
Old 10-25-2007 , 10:17   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #39

slmclarengt is teh r00lzor.
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2007 , 15:11   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl & MySQL space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #40

I'm glad some people are appreciative of what I am offering. In lieu of Halloween, I will be offering a wonderful treat, free MySQL databases now as well as free space! Just follow basic format/instructions in my first post as to obtaining it. The reason I won't make anything "automatic" signup is because of abuse...

Please do let me know how things are working and I will tell you this now, the speeds are great as the server is hosted in the infamous "One Wilshire Blvd" in Los Angeles. Also, the MySQL db should be fast enough for any server unless the server is too far away and too much data is being accessed per second.

Slmclarengt