Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

spawn objects/entities [Help]

Post New Thread Reply   

bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-18-2013 , 21:29   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #31

I don't think info_targets can have a model. They're just used to reference a specific point in the world.

Last edited by bl4nk; 02-18-2013 at 21:29.
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2013 , 22:20   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #32

try using prop_dynamic_override with SDKHooks StartTouch or create trigger_multiple and parent prop_dynamic_override to it for using HookSingleEntityOutput(entity, "OnStartTouch", Entity_OnStartTouch);
ajr1234
Old 02-18-2013 , 22:25   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #33

Info_targets are used to identify another entity (e.g. for pointing) or parented to have another entity follow (e.g. sentry guns that aim or zombies that chase). For example, any sentry gun that aims and shoots at targets probably will have an info_target somewhere in its I/O chain. They do not contain world models.

If prop_dynamic crashes your server, try prop_dynamic_override, prop_physics, or prop_physics_override.

Are you able to open up your model in the HL2 Model Viewer (that comes your game's authoring tools)? If the model viewer cannot view your model, chances are, the game cannot either.
striker07
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2013 , 10:03   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi67 View Post
try using prop_dynamic_override with SDKHooks StartTouch or create trigger_multiple and parent prop_dynamic_override to it for using HookSingleEntityOutput(entity, "OnStartTouch", Entity_OnStartTouch);
Does parenting mean make an enitity (by class trigger_multiple) and change the classname after its created to prop_dynamic_override with DispatchKeyValue(entity, "m_iClassname", "prop_dynamic_override"); ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr1234 View Post
Info_targets are used to identify another entity (e.g. for pointing) or parented to have another entity follow (e.g. sentry guns that aim or zombies that chase). For example, any sentry gun that aims and shoots at targets probably will have an info_target somewhere in its I/O chain. They do not contain world models.
aha I see, i first took info_target after i saw it in an extended entity plugin from amxmod, so the info target is something like an invasible entity output or somesort?

Quote:
If prop_dynamic crashes your server, try prop_dynamic_override, prop_physics, or prop_physics_override.

Are you able to open up your model in the HL2 Model Viewer (that comes your game's authoring tools)? If the model viewer cannot view your model, chances are, the game cannot either.
At first the server crashed continuesly, but i think that was due to a my model being wrongly compiled, i fixed that now, I had seen my model that i made in he game during some small tests but that completely wrong and it faded away after couple seconds + the shade was painted on the floor + it was like stuck in the ground or something while it should float in the air, not touching the ground. + model was to small so i recompiled again but the model is higher from the ground and i increased it scale.

I've tried to open many many models the source engine has by default and everything HLMV.22 continuesly rashed before i could see a model so i download v1.25 and i can open the program now but when i try to open any model it crashes again(with every model even defaults) so i can't view the model, have no working model viewer. (sucks bigtime!)

Working on:
[CSGO/CSS] Mmorpg - an extensive XP/level modulair platform
Progress: [♣♣♣♣♣♣♣|♣♣♣]

Last edited by striker07; 02-19-2013 at 10:10.
ajr1234
Old 02-19-2013 , 11:22   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #35

CS:GO should have its own model viewer (assuming valve released CS:GO authoring tools or whatever). Check your steam library's tools section. If you open Hammer and add a prop_static point entity somewhere on the grid, you can press Alt + Enter to open its properties. If you browse for models and find your model, you can see what compatible props your model will work for.

Anyway, you might have complied your QC as a static prop. In such cases, you'll need to recompile your model with dynamic prop support. To do so, simply get rid of the $staticprop qc command if you have it. If you want physics support, you'll need to add a collision model to your prop.
striker07
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2013 , 10:37   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #36

I already unchecked the $static_prop.
with collision model you mean a hull right? my model has a hull.

CS:GO model viewer doesnt work yet, i doubt there is even one, when i double click it nothing happens also don't see it in the csgo sdk.

I will try to do it in hammer like you said, but not now, dont have the time.
I'l get back with results if i have em.

Working on:

Last edited by striker07; 02-20-2013 at 10:38.
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2013 , 14:17   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #37

for csgo modelviewing you could also the included faceposer use......
striker07
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2013 , 12:57   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #38

Ok i tried to open my model using csgo sdktool hammer editor, my model is in the list but its not showing the model, that becous i used materialscr en modelscr from sourcesdk(i think).

Then i tried the sourcesdk tool hammer editor but this doesnt have the tool model browser and can't find anything else to import a model.

CSGO faceposer doesnt work neighter tried that a while ago. it all just stops responding or crashes. same for sourcesdk :s

Hitting so many walls here :s, gonna give it a try with my previous computer wich i know was better.
maybe for some reason there is a problem with my windows 7, 64bit, service pack1

Working on:

Last edited by striker07; 02-21-2013 at 12:58.
ajr1234
Old 02-21-2013 , 13:09   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #39

Did you compile with CSGO's studiomdl?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-21-2013 , 16:01   Re: spawn objects/entities [Help]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post
for createentitybyname, can't i choose my own classname? do i have to choose one from this list?: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...#Item_entities
I didn't see this answered yet. You have to choose one from the list, because an entity is represented by an existing C++ class. A datamaps dump tells you which C++ class maps to which entity classname.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-21-2013 at 16:19.