Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Fun Commands

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 12-24-2007 , 11:31   Re: Fun Commands

1827 revisions is nothing. GCC's SVN repository has 131,159 revisions. AMX Mod X's has 3,675 for 4 years of work. As PM said, revisions are marginal changes to a large project.
Old 12-24-2007 , 11:59   Re: Fun Commands

Well then I ask Is there a easy way to update. Because I notice.. When I Download a build update it is the whole sourcemod plugin.. Maybe you could give us the updated files. There me be a way to get the updated file only. If So, I am pissed. Because I have updated the full Build everytime I have updated our server. If the updates are so small why have'nt I been updating the updated file instead of the whole build?
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-24-2007 , 12:12   Re: Fun Commands

90% of the files that are updated are part of the binary, so if even one of them is updated, the binary has to be recompiled. This means you're downloading the biggest file in there anyways. The only thing in the downloads that really ever change are the translation files, the plugin/scripting files, and the binary. Most of the rest tends to change very very rarely.

Either way, in 80% of builds, you have to upload the big binary file. In the other 20%, just a plugin or two. The files changed in each build are listed on the build page's changelog.

Also a question: How can we provide "updated files" downloads if we don't know exactly which build you are running? Once a 1.0 build is released, you can just use that. When we get to 1.1, we can release an "updated files since 1.0" download.
Old 12-24-2007 , 12:16   Re: Fun Commands

Just wishfull thinking I geuss. After updating sourcemod builds more times than I wish to try and count. I was hoping for an easier way. Call me lazy. Maybe yall could create a "auto updater". Hahahaha.. Oh Merry Christmas.
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-24-2007 , 13:03   Re: Fun Commands

Just keep in mind that technically SourceMod hasn't even been released yet. Once an official release is out, you can use it and ignore the nightly builds until the next release (1.1) is ready.
Old 12-24-2007 , 15:35   Re: Fun Commands

You could just set up tortoise svn and download them that way.. That only downloads the diff's not the full files..

PS: Don't expect me to explain this properly. Theres a tutorial on the wiki somewhere..
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-24-2007 , 20:20   Re: Fun Commands

Binaries aren't in the svn though.
Old 12-24-2007 , 21:21   Re: Fun Commands

http://svn.alliedmods.net/viewvc.cgi...?root=Packages
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-24-2007 , 21:24   Re: Fun Commands

Shut up.
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2007 , 04:35   Re: Fun Commands