Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar

Post New Thread Reply   

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-22-2010 , 12:47   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #31

Could you add a cvar to allow it to support 10 players too please?

/I know we can change it ourselves, but this would be helpful for the future.

Thanks for the update, testing it now.

EDIT: Is it possible to make the Tank Roar - Skill work with LOS (Line of Sight) or on the same level of plane with him? For example with the default distance set, you can attack all the survivors on the floor above the tank on the start of Dead Center, I guess if the Survivors was a floor below him and within 400 distance, he can hit them as well, something to think about.

The knockback effect is great, that's what I really wanted, next suggestion, is it possible to add a cvar to control how fast/slow Survivors are able to stand up after being knocked down?

Great plugin again m8.

Last edited by IronWarrior; 05-22-2010 at 13:20.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-22-2010 , 17:54   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #32

There might be a bug with the current version.

It seems you can "spam" the Roar Skill none stop bypassing the timer.
אKarma
Old 05-22-2010 , 21:58   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Could you add a cvar to allow it to support 10 players too please?

/I know we can change it ourselves, but this would be helpful for the future.

Thanks for the update, testing it now.

EDIT: Is it possible to make the Tank Roar - Skill work with LOS (Line of Sight) or on the same level of plane with him? For example with the default distance set, you can attack all the survivors on the floor above the tank on the start of Dead Center, I guess if the Survivors was a floor below him and within 400 distance, he can hit them as well, something to think about.

The knockback effect is great, that's what I really wanted, next suggestion, is it possible to add a cvar to control how fast/slow Survivors are able to stand up after being knocked down?

Great plugin again m8.
hmm, same level of plane should be possible. How much allowance distance would you suggest for the height difference? Making it 0 would be very dangerous because just 0.01 difference can stop the survivor from flying.
As for the speed of standing up, I believe adding a cvar for this would be possible too.

For the bug, how do you get it to be spammable? Is there something you do that makes it spammable? Knowing the cause may be helpful for me to eliminate the bug. Could it be that you have two versions of the plugin in the folder? Because the plugin has a different name now, there's no prompt to replace the old one. Also try deleting your cfg file and let the plugin create a new one for you. If the problem still persist, let me know the cause because when i test it myself, there seem to be no bugs.

Last edited by אKarma; 05-22-2010 at 22:13.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-22-2010 , 22:17   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by אKarma View Post
hmm, same level of plane should be possible. How much allowance distance would you suggest for the height difference? Making it 0 would be very dangerous because just 0.01 difference can stop the survivor from flying.
As for the speed of standing up, I believe adding a cvar for this would be possible too.

Also the bug, how do you get it to be spammable? Is there something you do that makes it spammable? Knowing the cause may be helpful for me to eliminate the bug.
Hmm, I guess for hight distance, two tanks on top of each other? Not sure what that is in game terms. The bug, it doesn't always happen, it seems to work normally for a while then it breaks and then you can spam it forever. I will test more tomorrow and report anything that needs reporting.

I managed to make the survivors "float" in the air by roaring at them none stop, really funny. lol

We are running SM14 and latest MM on Linux, if you need a list of plugins, just ask.

One of my players and admins suggested that, maybe you could also make it so that you can't use Melee, Move or throw a rock when using the Roar, what about cvars for that?

Last edited by IronWarrior; 05-22-2010 at 22:25.
אKarma
Old 05-23-2010 , 06:23   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #35

Just uploaded a new version of the plugin. This version is a minor update from the previous one and possibly fixed the spam bug. Also, as IronWarrior requested, you can set whether roar affects survivors that are on the same plane as the tank or as long as they are at a set distance away from the tank.

There is no need to change MAX_PER_SIDE anymore, unless ur server supports more than 10v10.

I did a few test with the stun time of the survivors when they are flung, looks like they are not changable.

If you still find any bugs, please inform me so i can fix them ASAP.

EDIT: You only need to replace the plugin file(.smx file). Please delete previous version of plugin before reinstalling.

Last edited by אKarma; 05-23-2010 at 06:36.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2010 , 02:16   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #36

Awesome, thank you for the update.

We got it installed, seen it in action, but need to test it personally myself to see if there is any problems.

Had you any luck in testing new knockdown effects?

I saw a player who used the Tank Roar to send a Survivor 50 feet directly UP in the air today, was a instant death when he came down. ^^

Still after a pure knockdown effect, like the tank roars and any Survivor around him, just fall down.
Eraa
Old 05-27-2010 , 13:58   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #37

It works very well now, although the ability is activated according to HP, the knock-back is nice.
I have this error in the log anyway:
Code:
L 05/27/2010 - 16:25:18: [SM] Native "GetClientTeam" reported: Client 2 is not in game
L 05/27/2010 - 16:25:18: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tankroar1.2.1.smx":
L 05/27/2010 - 16:25:18: [SM]   [0]  Line 240, /home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpdbCjDK.sp::OnClientDisconnect()
L 05/27/2010 - 16:25:18: [SM] Native "GetClientTeam" reported: Client 23 is not in game
L 05/27/2010 - 16:25:18: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tankroar1.2.1.smx":
L 05/27/2010 - 16:25:18: [SM]   [0]  Line 240, /home/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/phpdbCjDK.sp::OnClientDisconnect()
Any new for the animation or "stumble" method to repel survivors?
Old 05-27-2010 , 22:51   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #38

Was kinda busy last week[EDIT:I realise it was this week] so i'm sry for the late reply. Anyway, a newer version is up, and you can now control whether to stun the tank after it roars.

Also removed a part of the code(possibly redundant) that causes the error Eraa mentioned. However, if removal of this part of the code actually causes some other bugs, pls inform me so i can put it back and fix it.

I can actually play animation now. The tank roar animation works but weirdly the boomer explosion kind of knockback doesnt work. Will do further testing.

Last edited by אKarma; 05-27-2010 at 23:01.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2010 , 00:16   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #39

Nice.

Animation sounds good, I suggest for the knockback/over effect is to see how it works in a other plugin and just learn/copy from that.

Is there no way to make stun time not be linked with the cooldown please? Currently, we have it set to 7 seconds that means for 7 seconds, the tank will be standing there while being a easy sitting target.

v1.2.1 seems to be working fine so far, thank you.
אKarma
Old 05-28-2010 , 06:32   Re: [L4D2] Tank Skill - Roar
Reply With Quote #40

hey, kinda english error/misunderstanding. what i meant was, the maximum stun time can only be as long as the cooldown. You can set it to anything below the cooldown.