[ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7

Post New Thread Reply   

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2013 , 22:20   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Clearly, you haven't even looked at the code.
I love the way I developed this plugin and the features I've chosen to add. I wouldn't change anything.
I glanced at this briefly days ago and do not remember any of these features, but I read a lot of threads, so.. raindrops in oceans. Regardless, many of them are changes you made to a changelog at some point. So obviously you will change some things. People are not always going to like your features, or your implementations, or will want some new featueres, so it is good to keep an open mind and change things regardless. This becomes more true as your plugin's complexity increases. I know of at least 3 servers in TF2 alone that have been running unique custom mods that do the things yours does for a very long time now. It may be wise to look into these mods and find out what could be learned rather than not, but to each his/her own. There will always be some room for improvement. Comments posted are just suggestions meant to help. Different programmers have different skills and do things different ways. That is why we have these forums and not just a code repo. This being said, you have to realize every user is not going to read your code, esp. when you decide not to attatch it on the main post, but hide it away in an archive. Perhaps attach your sp, so people dont have to dig through a zip for a quick look.

Last edited by friagram; 03-25-2013 at 22:21.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-27-2013 , 09:25   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.6
Reply With Quote #32

Minor oopsie until Skyy fixes it, the provided zip has objects.cfg within /configs/ but it should actually be within /configs/fortspawn2/ so make the folder yourself if it doesn't exist and move it.
Old 03-27-2013 , 10:06   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #33

@Panda, I've corrected its location in the new update. That may be as to why users weren't able to load the menu.

@friagram: In relation to the source being easily accessible in the archive instead of listed separately, had you opened the archive, you would have noticed that the plugin is organized like C++ programs are generally organized, into separate files to make the source organizable and easier to read, which also makes debugging much easier. It's often frowned upon to smash code into one giant file. This means it is not feasible to host the source separately. It's easily accessible, and isn't hidden anywhere. Also, I think it's awesome that other servers run similar mods, but I've designed this one my own way, and I'm very happy with its outcome. It offers many, many features, and an easy-to-use control scheme. Don't take this the wrong way, but several users have noted that you feel your shit smells better than all (and if this were accurate, you would probably be a billionaire in the software industry), so I will kindly be declining to comment on any posts you make on any thread that I observe in the future.

@update 2.0.7: I've made some changes as to how objects are destroyed, created, found, etc., as to optimize them. In the next update, I plan on allowing users to reset their objects, which is a great feature for people who don't want to fiddle with rotating the object and would prefer to instantly reset it to its default state. It should be the last of the major changes, to which updates will be only bug fixes.

Because I host several plugins, if you find a bug, please send me a pm structured:
Subject: Plugin Name, URL, Bug Name
Body: Bug Description

Sending a PM means that I will more likely see the issue (comments and suggestions as well) than simply posting it in the thread.

Last edited by Skyy; 03-27-2013 at 10:17.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2013 , 11:04   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
@friagram: In relation to the source being easily accessible in the archive instead of listed separately, had you opened the archive, you would have noticed that the plugin is organized like C++ programs are generally organized, into separate files to make the source organizable and easier to read, which also makes debugging much easier. It's often frowned upon to smash code into one giant file. This means it is not feasible to host the source separately. It's easily accessible, and isn't hidden anywhere. Also, I think it's awesome that other servers run similar mods, but I've designed this one my own way, and I'm very happy with its outcome. It offers many, many features, and an easy-to-use control scheme. Don't take this the wrong way, but several users have noted that you feel your shit smells better than all (and if this were accurate, you would probably be a billionaire in the software industry), so I will kindly be declining to comment on any posts you make on any thread that I observe in the future.
Lol?

Well, okay.
Although sourcemod is similar to C, its not like c++ at all.
Breaking your program into a ton of includes is ok if it works for you, but most authors only do this for stuff that would be taken or ported to other plugins, similar to c libs. As far as me personally, I make no claim as to be an amazing programmer, still pretty new to SM and an amateur programmer at best. Now you should realize that many people that use these forums are not programmers, but users. Also, a lot of people are hobbyists or do not know how procedural languages work/are not familiar with their conventions. You can do whatever you want though. You don't have to listen to anyone, take requests, add features, or fix bugs. As I said before, I meant no ill-will, but burn whatever bridges you wish.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-27-2013 , 21:39   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Lol?

Well, okay.
Although sourcemod is similar to C, its not like c++ at all.
Breaking your program into a ton of includes is ok if it works for you, but most authors only do this for stuff that would be taken or ported to other plugins, similar to c libs. As far as me personally, I make no claim as to be an amazing programmer, still pretty new to SM and an amateur programmer at best. Now you should realize that many people that use these forums are not programmers, but users. Also, a lot of people are hobbyists or do not know how procedural languages work/are not familiar with their conventions. You can do whatever you want though. You don't have to listen to anyone, take requests, add features, or fix bugs. As I said before, I meant no ill-will, but burn whatever bridges you wish.
Actually, the SourcePawn compiler has issues with big scripts in general. After several thousand lines, sometimes a few thousand, obscure issues start to happen and only get worse as the plugin grows in length. Therefore it is recommended to always break a huge file down into multiple files if/where possible. For example, local scope starts to blur and throw errors. I've had entire events completely forgotten about in one compile, and in a recompile work fine. And my favorite, everything compiles fine, but nothing works correctly in game. I don't think there's an actual threshold, and it doesn't happen every time, but the potential is there however with bigger ones. It just requires a time investment to do properly in the code, so not many do it.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 03-27-2013 at 21:48.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 06-21-2013 , 15:25   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #36

Not sure if you are working on this, Skyy, but I was wondering whether you can block other people from interacting with the objects you've spawned?
ak666
Old 10-26-2013 , 06:23   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #37

Hi there,

I just tried to get this plugin running.
This is my server:
MM 1.10.1
SM 1.5.2-dev+3938

Loaded extenstions:
PHP Code:
#
12:17:34 [SMDisplaying 8 extensions:
         [
01Automatic Updater (1.5.2-dev+3938): Updates SourceMod gamedata files

[02Webternet (1.5.2-dev+3938): Extension for interacting with URLs

[03SDK Tools (1.5.2-dev+3938): Source SDK Tools

[04BinTools (1.5.2-dev+3938): Low-level C/C++ Calling API

[05Top Menus (1.5.2-dev+3938): Creates sorted nested menus

[06SDK Hooks (1.5.2-dev+3938): Source SDK Hooks

[07Client Preferences (1.5.2-dev+3938): Saves client preference settings

[08SQLite (1.5.2-dev+3938): SQLite Driver 
Loaded plugins:
PHP Code:
12:14:37 [SMListing 29 plugins:

01 "[RUM][Server Mgmt] Vote Map" (1.0by skyyplugins@gmail.com
"Sound Commands" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin Menu" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"[RUM][Anti-Rushing] Locked Saferoom Door" (1.1by skyyplugins@gmail.com
"[RUM][Server Mgmt] Friendly Fire" (1.0by skyyplugins@gmail.com
"[RUM][Server Mgmt] Campaign Rotation" (1.0by skyyplugins@gmail.com
"Fun Commands" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Custom U-Ammo for Left 4 Dead" (1.1by 4nt1h4cker
"[RUM][Server Mgmt] Dynamic Slots" (1.1by skyyplugins@gmail.com
"Basic Commands" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Anti-Flood" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Player Commands" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Reserved Slots" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Info Triggers" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Ready Up" (3.1.3by skyyplugins@gmail.com
"[RUM][Server Mgmt] Player Plus" (1.1by skyyplugins@gmail.com
"Fun Votes" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin File Reader" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Ban Commands" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin Help" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"L4D Build enabler" (1.3.0by R-Hehl
"Basic Chat" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"[RUM][Anti-Rushing] Restrict Distance" (1.0by skyyplugins@gmail.com
"Basic Comm Control" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"[L4D(2)] MultiSlots" (1.0by SwiftRealMI 5
"Basic Votes" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
"Client Preferences" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
           28 Disabled
"Nextmap" (1.5.2-dev+3938by AlliedModders LLC
<Error"Fort Spawn 2" (2.0.7by skyrpg.donations@gmail.com
         Load Errors
:

Fort Spawn 2Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs
executing "sm plugins load fortspawn2.smx":
PHP Code:
12:18:39 L 10/26/2013 12:18:58: [SMNative "SetConVarInt" reportedInvalid convar handle 0 (error 4)
12:18:39 L 10/26/2013 12:18:58: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "fortspawn2.smx":
12:18:39 L 10/26/2013 12:18:58: [SM]   [0]  Line 45F:\sky-plugins\skyrpg3\scripting\fortspawn2.sp::OnPluginStart() 
Can anybody help?

Greets

Last edited by ak666; 10-26-2013 at 06:24.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-01-2013 , 16:26   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #38

That error occurs when one of the dependencies is not installed. Most likely ready up. Not sure if the new version of ready up is compatible, but I will take a look when I have a day off, which will either be Tuesday or Thursday.
Old 11-14-2013 , 08:24   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #39

@Skyy

this plugin is equal to [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)??

Your plugin saves the objects as well??

Thank you!
adrian17066
Old 12-03-2013 , 18:18   Re: [ L4D2 ] Fortspawn 2 v2.0.7
Reply With Quote #40

Is there a way to not need a database to use it?