Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Deagles' Map Management 2.10i

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2004 , 09:47  

There are some other issues with the Mod X port... I had to hard code some things and recompile because the mapvault.dat is being overwritten with your defaults at every map change... Now when changes are made in game to the settings it IS writing the file... but at mapchange it just goes back to defaults

I have let BB know and I hope it's on his fix list...

Vic/DT

I also still have problems with the maps path (even tried hard coding it... hehehe) I cannot get it to accept counterstrike.twazz.net... That's small potatoes, in the past I had troubles with http://www.twazz.org/maps.html as well... but removing the http:// fixed that... no form of the new site name works...
Old 04-01-2004 , 10:30  

um maybe =]
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2004 , 12:38  

DT is picky with his plugins on how they work haha.

I will look into the "pink" issue, im sure something like that wouldnt be very hard to fix, i mean its just changing around a few color codes.

As for the mapvault.dat, I said that code and the orignal AMX code are exactly the same with expection to using the get_customdir(

That I will also look into, I havent noticed this problem, but nor have I really tried and tested it.

DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2004 , 12:53  

Hahahaha.... remember we live within 10 miles of each most likely... dont make me...

I am picky... when I buy Cheerio's I dont want Rice Chex... I have mine working pretty much the way I want it... I did have to tinker with the code which I have never needed to in the past. Truth be told Deagles has helped me many times and has made custom versions for this "picky" old fart... It's far from screwed up or I wouldn't have it working so well... I just wanted to say that I had to make my Rice Chex into Cheerio's !

Vic/DT
Old 04-01-2004 , 14:05  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTap
There are some other issues with the Mod X port... I had to hard code some things and recompile because the mapvault.dat is being overwritten with your defaults at every map change... Now when changes are made in game to the settings it IS writing the file... but at mapchange it just goes back to defaults :)

I have let BB know and I hope it's on his fix list...

Vic/DT

I also still have problems with the maps path (even tried hard coding it... hehehe) I cannot get it to accept counterstrike.twazz.net... That's small potatoes, in the past I had troubles with http://www.twazz.org/maps.html as well... but removing the http:// fixed that... no form of the new site name works...
so
http//counterstrike.twazz.net
will not work? that is very disconcerting..try it again ;)

remember, i cannot read colons (:) using commands, that is why it is http// without the colon.)
Old 04-01-2004 , 14:25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller

I will look into the "pink" issue, im sure something like that wouldnt be very hard to fix, i mean its just changing around a few color codes.
Yea ours always stays pink too. Not only is it ugly, but its very hard to see if you are dead. The dark bar at top of screen pretty well blocks it out. Other than that, everything seems to be working fine. Except people seem to be too dumb to nominate anything, then they cry when the list of choices suck. I put all the least played maps in the mapchoice.ini
our CS:Source server : 66.150.107.6:27015
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2004 , 14:34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure
Quote:

I put all the least played maps in the mapchoice.ini
haha your a evil admin

I will fix the pink issue when i get around to feel like doing it, its just yall being a lil picky you should be glad this works instead

DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2004 , 14:37  

Quote:
I will fix the pink issue when i get around to feel like doing it, its just yall being a lil picky you should be glad this works instead
Nevva ! Sink the pink !

Vic/DT

He is actually using the plugin the way it was intended
Old 04-01-2004 , 18:39  

I agree. Sink the pink

I have one other issue... I am sure it must be my own stupidity but, when I change settings they do not stick. I type in dmap_banlastmaps 6 and it says it will take effect after next mapchange. However, when I type in dmap_status after mapchange, it still shows the default settings.

Ok what am I doing wrong? I hate feeling stupid.
our CS:Source server : 66.150.107.6:27015
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
DoubleTap
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2004 , 18:43  

You not doing anything wrong man... hahaha... look back where BB called me picky I hard coded mine until he has a chance to find out the problem.

Vic/DT