Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:S] Tracer Effects v1.2.8 (Updated: 8/12/13)

Post New Thread Reply   

blaxxun
Old 12-23-2010 , 12:41   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #31

hm I just used the gamedata file from Kyle12 and it works like a charm! No crashes so far... thx!
andi67
Veteran Member
Old 12-23-2010 , 15:16   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #32

Well this was just a quick fix , IŽll take look in the next days and fix the rest....
iggythepop
Old 12-23-2010 , 16:17   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #33

Thx a bunch for what youve already done.
The Orig plugin was auto on already so everyone could see it without typing anything.
Then as I said I set to team colors for red and blue tracers and that was it.
This works but trying to get a player to understand what to type is like pulling teeth to some players.
Thx Again....Happy Holidays 2 U.
Now I can see them atleast.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-01-2011 , 00:48   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #34

Hmm, looks like the latest update broke the gamedata. I'll update the original post with gamedata provided by Kyle12 (thanks btw) soon and work on this annoying cookie issue that I've recently noticed my error in. I may just switch over to SQLITE since cookies have issues with saving.
Old 01-03-2011 , 11:39   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #35

Version 1.1.1 Released:
  • Added code (thanks andi67) that will allow the plugin to continue operating should the GameData be incorrect or missing. If it wasn't working for you before, it'll work now!
  • Rewrote the clientpref code that should allow data to start saving properly (Notice: Prefs still only save on map change)
  • Changed it so that menu selections inside of !tracers/!settings will re-open the menu
  • Removed the FailState that's fired when the gamedata is not provided, as it is no longer necessary.
Old 01-04-2011 , 04:04   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #36

NP...good work Panda....

iggythepop
Old 01-04-2011 , 22:52   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #37

Thx Guys working great again.
Black Haze
BANNED
Old 01-10-2011 , 17:53   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #38

How about giving the tracers a moving water skin? It would make em a bit prettier me thinks
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-11-2011 , 17:27   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #39

Version 1.1.2 Released
Important: This is a very big update; it is highly recommended overwrite your existing sm_tracer_effects.cfg with the one provided, otherwise certain features may not function properly.

Cvar Log:
  • New:
    • sm_tracer_effects_advert ~ Number of seconds after joining first team for an advert to be sent about the plugin. \"-1\" disables adverts.
  • Modified:
    • sm_tracer_effects_team_t ~ Now accepts a single index entry, rather than a color combination.
    • sm_tracer_effects_team_ct ~ Now accepts a single index entry, rather than a color combination.
  • Removed:
    • sm_tracer_effects_client ~ No longer necessary
    • sm_tracer_effects_alpha ~ Replaced with the new configuration method.
    • sm_tracer_effects_life ~ Replaced with the new configuration method.
    • sm_tracer_effects_width ~ Replaced with the new configuration method.
Major Changes:
  • This was a complete rewrite of the code with improvements in every area.
  • Advanced loading method that will allow you to modify your own tracers without modifying the source code! You can now specify the tracer's name, texture, life, width, and color combinations.
  • Depcreated/Modified several cvars that were no longer needed with the new configuration method, or changed the operational parameters to conincide with the changes made.
  • Removed the duplicate command sm_tracer, instead added support for blocking !tracers/tracers in chat.
  • Returned the Advert feature, which'll notify your users of the !tracers command x seconds after joining a team (for the first time).
  • Removed the ability prevent clients from enabling/disabling their tracers, as that feature didn't seem needed when Random/Team Only will accomplish the same.
  • Added a new tracer mode, Client Settings, which allows the PLAYER to determine what tracer mode he/she wishes to use.
  • Replaced the Attackers Only mode with Opposing Team mode, which will show tracers of opposing team members only.
  • Added a new default tracer color, Black, which takes advantage of the new configuration method.
@BlackHaze, using the new configuration, you can easily assign a water tracer to a specific tracer.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 01-11-2011 at 17:39.
Black Haze
BANNED
Old 01-12-2011 , 09:07   Re: [CS:S] Tracer Effects
Reply With Quote #40

Oh very nice Gonna put it on, see if people like it