Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Annotations

Post New Thread Reply   

Geit
Old 10-18-2010 , 15:44   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #31

1.4:
  • (Norm) Fixed an issue where annotations would not last longer than 10 seconds
  • (Norm) Changed the args on sm_annotate to <display time> <message> - You no longer need quote marks around the message when it's longer than 1 word.
  • (Norm) Binded sm_deleteannotation to it's correct Command
  • (Both) Fixed an issue where annotations would not update when there were fewer than 5
  • (Both) Added sm_annotate_min_dist - Sets the minimum distance that an annotation must be from another annotation (default: 64)
  • (Both) Added sm_annotate_view_dist - Sets the maximum distance at which annotations will be sent to players (default: 1024)
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-19-2010 , 11:17   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #32

Does BuildBitString control who sees the annotation? I was thinking of perhaps integrating this into my freeze tag plugin. When a player is frozen, their teammates would see an annotation above their head stating they can be thawed. Likewise, the enemy would see an annotation of something like "Finish him!"
Geit
Old 10-19-2010 , 18:12   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
Does BuildBitString control who sees the annotation? I was thinking of perhaps integrating this into my freeze tag plugin. When a player is frozen, their teammates would see an annotation above their head stating they can be thawed. Likewise, the enemy would see an annotation of something like "Finish him!"
Yes, it does.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-20-2010 , 11:41   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #34

Thanks.

Now in Timer_RespawnAnnotations, you call SpawnAnnotation on each notation that already exists? Does this just create duplicates or does the game automatically replace old annotations with newly created ones that have the same event parameter for ID?
Geit
Old 10-20-2010 , 14:43   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Thanks.

Now in Timer_RespawnAnnotations, you call SpawnAnnotation on each notation that already exists? Does this just create duplicates or does the game automatically replace old annotations with newly created ones that have the same event parameter for ID?
The game automatically replaces old annotations with the new ones that are sent over the network, counting on the ID field is the same.
grazr
Old 10-23-2010 , 18:23   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #36

Do you think you could incorporate multiple lines into the annotations, making a line character limit. If this isn't a hard coded annotation limit that is. Some sentences can be pretty long and for those without widescreen monitors it's difficult to locate the source of an annotation when it's flittering about from monitor edge to monitor edge.

Last edited by grazr; 10-23-2010 at 18:27.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-26-2010 , 14:26   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #37

By default (outside your plugin) if I spawn an annotation, does it just disappear after X seconds?
Geit
Old 10-26-2010 , 16:15   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
By default (outside your plugin) if I spawn an annotation, does it just disappear after X seconds?
It will disappear after the length of the "lifetime" field has passed.If you are using this plugin in conjunction with another plugin, make sure they don't use conflicting ID spaces though.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-29-2010 , 14:02   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #39

Are you able to offer a webpanel for this in conjunction?
badwolf
Old 10-30-2010 , 10:48   Re: [TF2] Annotations
Reply With Quote #40

I placed a permanent annotation on a control point. It shows up in the database, and if you go to place another, it says there's already one there. However, I only saw it the first time, when I placed it... It doesn't show to me anymore...