Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

View Poll Results: Does this plugin work for you?
It's working great, no problems here. 0 0%
Bots will sometimes remain stopped, doesn't happen often. 0 0%
Humans cannot start the bots, however the start delay starts them. 0 0%
Bots will always remain stopped, never starting up. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

[L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop

Post New Thread Reply   

IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2010 , 05:41   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #31

We don't have sb_all_bot_team set to 1 but our bots in our VS server still move out.

Will this plugin still stop that?
EHG
Old 06-16-2010 , 07:32   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
We don't have sb_all_bot_team set to 1 but our bots in our VS server still move out.

Will this plugin still stop that?
Just recently I do not have sb_all_bot_team set to 1 as well.
I removed this plugin from my server thinking I wouldn't need it anymore and I experienced the same situation as you have. The bots for some reason still move out sometimes.
I added the plugin again and everything is fine. So to answer your question, Yes this will stop the bots from doing anything regardless of what sb_all_bot_team is set to.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2010 , 13:53   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHG View Post
Just recently I do not have sb_all_bot_team set to 1 as well.
I removed this plugin from my server thinking I wouldn't need it anymore and I experienced the same situation as you have. The bots for some reason still move out sometimes.
I added the plugin again and everything is fine. So to answer your question, Yes this will stop the bots from doing anything regardless of what sb_all_bot_team is set to.
Awesome, so just to comfirm, once this is installed and enabled with default values, bots will not move for 40 seconds or untill a human player joins?
EHG
Old 06-17-2010 , 00:50   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Awesome, so just to comfirm, once this is installed and enabled with default values, bots will not move for 40 seconds or untill a human player joins?
Correct, more precisely until a human player is fully connected, in game, and moves.
step
Old 06-21-2010 , 01:19   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by step View Post
Great plugin, but I have a suggestion.
You could create a cvar like l4d2_RSBS_auto_disable_allbotteam, so it always turns off sb_all_bot_team if there are no players in the server for a while. Sometimes I don't remember to do 'rcon quit' and I end up with 20mb log files, because sb_all_bot_team won't let the server hibernate.
Are you planning on doing something like this?
EHG
Old 06-21-2010 , 09:03   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Quote:
Great plugin, but I have a suggestion.
You could create a cvar like l4d2_RSBS_auto_disable_allbotteam, so it always turns off sb_all_bot_team if there are no players in the server for a while. Sometimes I don't remember to do 'rcon quit' and I end up with 20mb log files, because sb_all_bot_team won't let the server hibernate.

Are you planning on doing something like this?
No, not for this plugin because it is not its purpose to manage that. Also the plugin that enables sb_all_bot_team should also be used to disable it. Are you using the L4D2 score/team manager? If so just add a timer on the empty server check so it sets sb_all_bot_team back to 0 thus going into hibernation.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2010 , 10:43   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #37

A more easier way to create a plugin like this is to stop the bots on mapstart, and then start them 5 seconds after a real player has spawned in game.
You don't need to stop the bots on roundstart, becuase then it stops the bots on 2nd round start aswell which is totally useless becuase this bug only happens on first round.
This is basicly all you need to prevent a bot from leaving safe room before you've spawned.

Code:
#include <sourcemod>

public OnPluginStart()
{  
    HookEvent("player_first_spawn", Event_PlayerFirstSpawn, EventHookMode_Post);
}

public OnMapStart()
{
    SetConVarInt(FindConVar("sb_move"), 0);
}

public Event_PlayerFirstSpawn(Handle:hEvent, const String:strName[], bool:bDontBroadcast)
{
    CreateTimer(5.0, Timer_StartBots);
}

public Action:Timer_StartBots(Handle:timer)
{    
    SetConVarInt(FindConVar("sb_move"), 1);
}

Last edited by Visual77; 06-22-2010 at 11:13.
EHG
Old 06-24-2010 , 00:08   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
A more easier way to create a plugin like this is to stop the bots on mapstart, and then start them 5 seconds after a real player has spawned in game.
You don't need to stop the bots on roundstart, becuase then it stops the bots on 2nd round start aswell which is totally useless becuase this bug only happens on first round.
This is basicly all you need to prevent a bot from leaving safe room before you've spawned.

(code)
I always had trouble with spawn events not always firing thus being unreliable. The method I use always works and I use it for other personal scripts as well.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2010 , 13:19   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #39

Never had any problems myself with the spawn events.
I even spawn additonal survivor bots on spawn event and that has never been a problem. It was just a suggestion
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2010 , 08:25   Re: [L4D2] [L4D] Round Start Bot Stop
Reply With Quote #40

Is anyone using this on coop servers with bebop? I noticed that bots don't do anything anymore, they will go through the map, but they won't shoot or melee infected at all.