Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Chickenmod: Rebirth (by T(+)rget)

Post New Thread Reply   

Peter Hutt
Old 01-09-2005 , 10:49  
Reply With Quote #31

Thanks Been Looking Forward To This And Would It Be Possible To Make This For Natural Selection?.
T(+)rget
Old 01-09-2005 , 12:54  
Reply With Quote #32

ATAC isn't compatible with ChickenMod: Rebirth reason why:

Module: c_chicken # userid/name/etc
Plugin: c_chicken #userid/name/etc

To be honest I don't know why the module was coded like that in the beginning.

If there is still problems then its the Engine module I'm afraid. Inside the Engine it has a model change value of 0.01. I don't know when this happened but I saw this in VexdUM and changed it to 0.5 which worked. Engine is quite abit different to VexdUM v1.0RC3 so I cannot confirm that as a 100% foolproof fix, since VexdUM uses a gmsg hooking system.
syphilis
Old 01-09-2005 , 16:01  
Reply With Quote #33

I had just noticed that difference T(+)rget, but you beat me. An easy fix for the AMX Mod X ATAC port would be to search for "c_chicken # %i" and "c_unchicken # %i" and simply removing the spaces after the #, and then recompiling. For clarity, that means the instead of "c_chicken # %i", you should use "c_chicken #%i".
FF1987
Old 01-09-2005 , 16:32  
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphilis
I had just noticed that difference T(+)rget, but you beat me. An easy fix for the AMX Mod X ATAC port would be to search for "c_chicken # %i" and "c_unchicken # %i" and simply removing the spaces after the #, and then recompiling. For clarity, that means the instead of "c_chicken # %i", you should use "c_chicken #%i".
Nope it still doesn't work on my server...
T(+)rget
Old 01-09-2005 , 17:38  
Reply With Quote #35

with ATAC the %i part is get_user_userid ie:

server_cmd("c_chicken #%i", get_user_userid(player))
joselitostrike
Old 01-09-2005 , 23:12  
Reply With Quote #36

i found 2 bugs, one is the glow not showing after the 1st round and the weapons of the chickens stay in the air when they are turned chickens.
But how can i do a better explanation to help correct this bug?
And why didn't you register the cvars amx_chicken and amx_unchicken???
USteppin
Old 01-10-2005 , 02:43  
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by T(+)rget
Anyone noticed that the annoying sound: beep, beep, beep (use key) is removed with ChickenMod: Rebirth.

I removed it because its so unrealistic, I mean we're not cars + we can't beep whilst not using anything
could you show the code just for that? i absolutely hate that noise and dont understand how valve left it in the game up to this date. im not really interested in the chicken mod i just wanna get rid of that annoying beeping noise!@#~
syphilis
Old 01-10-2005 , 03:14  
Reply With Quote #38

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <fakemeta> public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Remove Use Sound", "untested", "syphilis")     register_forward(FM_EmitSound, "forward_EmitSound") } public forward_EmitSound(entity, channel, const sample[]) {     //if statements written by T(+)rget in Chickenmod: Rebirth     if (entity > 32 || entity < 1) return FMRES_IGNORED     if (equal(sample, "common/wpn_denyselect.wav")) return FMRES_SUPERCEDE     return FMRES_IGNORED } public plugin_modules() {     require_module("fakemeta") }

Basically forwards metamod's EmitSound(), which is called whenever a sound is heard server-side. In the forward, checks to make sure the sound is coming from a player, then it checks if it's the use sound. If it is, FMRES_SUPERCEDE makes metamod ignore the sound, otherwise FMRES_IGNORED makes metamod act as if the forward were never called.

Also, I know the forward will work correctly, since I had to write it in my port of Chickenmod: Rebirth. I can't guarantee anything on the entire script, seeing that it's two in the morning and I've spent more time typing this explanation than I did with the script
USteppin
Old 01-11-2005 , 04:45  
Reply With Quote #39

thanks syphilis, works great, appreciate it
ffsupra7122000
Old 01-11-2005 , 11:24  
Reply With Quote #40

ok i tried a chicken plugin and when i installed it i had fun with it but then this one guy came in that isn't a admin named the "Chicken Admin" and he turned everybody into a chicken even me and i have immunity.. now is that just a great hack or is their something in the sma that doesn't block that..