Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-27-2014 , 12:59   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotane View Post
Is there a way to get this to work with insurgency? Insurgency has multiple gamemodes for maps. This is the default insurgency maycycle:

Code:
district firefight
peak searchdestroy
ministry firefight
siege searchdestroy
contact firefight
market searchdestroy
heights firefight
district searchdestroy
peak firefight
ministry searchdestroy
siege firefight
heights searchdestroy
market firefight
siege vip
contact firefight
ministry vip
heights firefight
district vip
siege firefight
market vip
district firefight
contact vip
ministry firefight
heights vip
When I attempt to enter "heights vip" for example for the map name, it tries to load 'heights vip.bsp'.
The map is just heights.bsp and the gamemode vip.
Even if UMC was updated to support this style of map list, SourceMod itself doesn't seem to have any way of specifying the map mode... after all, SetNextMap (which UMC already uses) is what's causing the error you see with trying to load heights vip.bsp.

Even SourceMod's own ReadMapList just silently drops the map mode and just keeps the map name.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-27-2014 at 13:10.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2014 , 13:22   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3952

Quote:
Is there a way to get this to work with insurgency? Insurgency has multiple gamemodes for maps. This is the default insurgency maycycle:

Code:
district firefight
peak searchdestroy
ministry firefight
siege searchdestroy
contact firefight
market searchdestroy
heights firefight
district searchdestroy
peak firefight
ministry searchdestroy
siege firefight
heights searchdestroy
market firefight
siege vip
contact firefight
ministry vip
heights firefight
district vip
siege firefight
market vip
district firefight
contact vip
ministry firefight
heights vip
When I attempt to enter "heights vip" for example for the map name, it tries to load 'heights vip.bsp'.
The map is just heights.bsp and the gamemode vip.
You might want to try doing something with command or pre-command, see: https://code.google.com/p/sourcemod-...uleMapCommands

You might also be able to do something with per map cfg files. Is there a way to specify firefight/searchdestroy/vip from the server command line, instead of just with the map? If so, you can copy the maps to unique names, for example copy heights.bsp to heights_vip.bsp and heights_sd.bsp and heights_ff.bsp, then you could load the gametype from a map specific .cfg file.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
Wotane
Old 01-27-2014 , 17:25   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3953

I've looked for a long time for some command to change the gamemode. I haven't found one. The only way I've seen changing the game mode was through a vote.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2014 , 19:11   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3954

Quote:
I've looked for a long time for some command to change the gamemode. I haven't found one. The only way I've seen changing the game mode was through a vote.
What sort of vote is it that changes the game mode? Check your logs and see if you can find anything that changes the game mode only, not the map. I found this cvar: sv_vote_issue_changegamemode_allowed, which seems to indicate that it is possible to change just the game mode, but you may have to restart the map to do it, I don't know.

You can also try something like this with UMC:
PHP Code:
"Siege: Firefight"
{

"command"  "siege firefight"

UMC might spew an error because it can't find Siege: Firefight, but it may execute the command anyway when it's time to load the map. You'd want to set your UMC log detail to high to debug that. You could also try something like this:
PHP Code:
"siege.bsp"
{

"display" "Siege:  Firefight"      
        "command"  "siege firefight"

If it croaks for some reason, you can try using pre-command instead of command.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
resuni
Old 02-05-2014 , 23:13   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3955

I may be blind, but I have been looking for like an hour now...

All documentation I find refers to smx files in addons/sourcemod/plugins folder, but I cannot find them. In fact, if you look on the github page there isn't even a plugins folder! Where is everyone getting these smx files to make this plugin work?

EDIT: Just realized I needed to compile the smx myself. *facepalm

Last edited by resuni; 02-05-2014 at 23:19.
Rusty Shackleford
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-06-2014 , 09:24   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3956

Quote:
Originally Posted by resuni View Post
I may be blind, but I have been looking for like an hour now...

All documentation I find refers to smx files in addons/sourcemod/plugins folder, but I cannot find them. In fact, if you look on the github page there isn't even a plugins folder! Where is everyone getting these smx files to make this plugin work?

EDIT: Just realized I needed to compile the smx myself. *facepalm
I believe the .zip at the bottom of the first post has all the compiled plugins, the google code page has all the source.
KniL
Old 02-08-2014 , 17:20   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3957

I have a question.
How do I activate the endvote progress in the hint box?
I forgot it :C
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-08-2014 , 18:10   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3958

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniL View Post
I have a question.
How do I activate the endvote progress in the hint box?
I forgot it :C
The main sourcemod config has cvars for that (cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg). You want to set sm_vote_progress_hintbox to 1.

Edit: Unless you're using the NativeVotes plugin, which has its own cvars for displaying those.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-08-2014 at 18:14.
wooks
Old 02-09-2014 , 01:29   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3959

Hi,

I can't seem to find an option to change the time on how long after the round has ended it changes maps,
currently at the end of round it displays ;

"UMC will change the map in 5 seconds"

I would like to extend that time.

I've gone through every config... am I blind?

Last edited by wooks; 02-09-2014 at 01:34.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2014 , 14:58   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3960

^
I have the same problem here.

I'm running a normal server with valve maps and torunament mode. In order to change the map en tournament mode is forcing the new map at the end of the round and i hate how it just end and change the map in 5 seconds.