Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

Riffy
Old 12-08-2009 , 18:43   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #1

Still can't seem to get it to allow the 9th person in, could anyone offer some advise to me please?

Left 4 Dead 2
Map: c1m1_hotel
Players: 8 (0 bots) / 16 humans
Build: 4045
Server Number: 2
Old 12-09-2009 , 15:01   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffy View Post
Still can't seem to get it to allow the 9th person in, could anyone offer some advise to me please?
Same here. I always end up with 4 player survivors and 4 AI survivors. I've tried this and l4dtoolz (MM plugin) and neither seem to make more than 8 slots usable.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2009 , 15:41   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #3

Ahhhhh, I can't stand AT&T asm please no more .

Quote:
_ZNK16CTerrorGameRules18GetMaxHumanPlayersEv
Actually if you look at the source I believe I was already overriding this function for the server browsers.. unfortunately after a recent DLC it broke on Windows but not on Linux.

I used to override this function on Windows anyway just for fun and it turns out it was screwing up switching to scavenge.. you know how you can be on a versus map and do mp_gamemode scavenge and it would be sort of in versus, sort of in scavenge? That's exactly what was happening.

So yeah, weird platform-specific issues...

That being said I will be using a different function to change the # of players reported to server browser that works just great on Windows, no problems I can see yet.

Last edited by Downtown1; 12-10-2009 at 03:26.
Bigbuck
Old 12-09-2009 , 17:12   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #4

I'm a bit confused on the whole lobby reservation thing so if someone could help clarify that would be great. What I understand is when a server is started it is unreserved and then when a player joins it becomes reserved with a special "key". Is this what prevents more than 4 for coop and 8 for versus to join a game? What I am getting to is does the reservation need to be removed in order to have more than said number of players?

Edit:
A few more things came to mind. I can't remember if there ever was a fix for this, but setting l4d_maxplayers to anything greater than 4 causes the game to run in Versus. Downtown, you had mentioned the Windows version was going ok. I would be able to test it on both L4D/2 if you would like.

Last edited by Bigbuck; 12-09-2009 at 21:20.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 04:19   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #5

I'm pleased to say that for our testing purposes we now have a release candidate of the L4D2 version for both the Linux and Windows versions, which means release should be imminent after a few more rounds of live testing.
Bigbuck
Old 12-11-2009 , 20:46   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
I'm pleased to say that for our testing purposes we now have a release candidate of the L4D2 version for both the Linux and Windows versions, which means release should be imminent after a few more rounds of live testing.
Is it really that hard to look a few posts up? They will post here when it is ready or if they have any updates.
Delusionz
Old 12-11-2009 , 04:47   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #7

Ok, little update.
L4DToolZ made it possible with their version for l4d2 linux. sv_maxplayers works like a charm so if anyone comes across something like that..
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 12:04   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #8

Did you get scoring swapping to work? Because although i (hopefully) used the right function offset, it never has effect ingame

But a fully functional windows version would be oh-so-great
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2009 , 12:50   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Did you get scoring swapping to work? Because although i (hopefully) used the right function offset, it never has effect ingame

But a fully functional windows version would be oh-so-great
Unfortunately due to my timeframe issues I had to cut all the scoring natives. I didn't think anyone was using them except my own l4dscores plugin (which I will not be porting to L4D2, though I may split it the team management into its own plugin).

If you are actually interested in using the scoring and are willing to test Windows correctness I would be more than happy to try throwing a few signatures at it.
danmala
Old 12-11-2009 , 13:00   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.1) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Unfortunately due to my timeframe issues I had to cut all the scoring natives. I didn't think anyone was using them except my own l4dscores plugin (which I will not be porting to L4D2, though I may split it the team management into its own plugin).

If you are actually interested in using the scoring and are willing to test Windows correctness I would be more than happy to try throwing a few signatures at it.
Since you are not porting your Scores plugin, can you do one "Unscramble"plugin for l4d2?