Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2013 , 17:22   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3811

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecyupy View Post
Hi!

One question, how can i add nominate only for admin with flag "a"

Sorry for my bad english
In umc-nominate.cfg, see:

Code:
// Flags necessary for a player to nominate a map, if flags are not specified by a map in the mapcycle. If empty, all players can nominate.
// -
// Default: ""
sm_umc_nominate_defaultflags ""
I'm not sure if the "a" will work there as a flag, I'd try it, but this seems like it would be the cvar to set.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
thecyupy
Old 08-31-2013 , 09:38   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3812

Omg Epic Fail for me. I had to look better cfg.

Thanks, it works!

Sorry for my bad english.
D4rkl0rd
Old 09-01-2013 , 22:55   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3813

Hey guys, I've installed end of vote plugin and I've faced 2 problems
1- I can't see the results below as a hint, like the regular votes.
2- Every vote ends up with runoff, and and it keeps on with the runoffs.
Can someone please check and tell me what's the problem ?

CFG files:

1- ultimate-mapchooser.cfg
Spoiler

2- umc-adminmenu.cfg
Spoiler

3- umc-endvote.cfg
Spoiler

4- umc-endvote-warnings.cfg
Spoiler

5- umc-prefixexclude.cfg
Spoiler

If anyone can help me, it would be great.

Last edited by D4rkl0rd; 09-02-2013 at 15:18.
Rusty Shackleford
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-02-2013 , 21:20   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3814

Is there a way I can add text at the beginning or end of a map in the menu when there's a vote?

For example adding difficulties to the name of a surf map or something:

(menu)
1. surf_map1 (easy)
2. surf_map2 (intermediate)
3. surf_map3 (expert)

I hope that makes sense? I want to be able to do this w/out renaming all the maps which IMO would be silly for something so small
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2013 , 02:00   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Is there a way I can add text at the beginning or end of a map in the menu when there's a vote?

For example adding difficulties to the name of a surf map or something:

(menu)
1. surf_map1 (easy)
2. surf_map2 (intermediate)
3. surf_map3 (expert)

I hope that makes sense? I want to be able to do this w/out renaming all the maps which IMO would be silly for something so small
You can use "Display"in you mapcyclefile. See example

Spoiler

Edit:
@D4rklord

Do you have logfiles? Set this sm_umc_logging_verbose to 1 in core.cfgand logfiles will actual tell you what is wrong. Steel made the best logging i have ever seen =D

Last edited by micazoid; 09-03-2013 at 02:04.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2013 , 11:14   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3816

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkl0rd View Post
Hey guys, I've installed end of vote plugin and I've faced 2 problems
1- I can't see the results below as a hint, like the regular votes.
2- Every vote ends up with runoff, and and it keeps on with the runoffs.
Can someone please check and tell me what's the problem ?

CFG files:

1- ultimate-mapchooser.cfg
Spoiler

2- umc-adminmenu.cfg
Spoiler

3- umc-endvote.cfg
Spoiler

4- umc-endvote-warnings.cfg
Spoiler

5- umc-prefixexclude.cfg
Spoiler

If anyone can help me, it would be great.
In ultimate-mapchooser.cfg:
// Enables in-depth logging. Use this to have the plugin log how votes are being populated.
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_umc_logging_verbose "0"

First of, I'd set this to 1, the logs will give great debugging hints. If you are concerned with overall server performance, you can change it back to 0 once you have UMC working just how you want.

As for #1,
I'm not sure about seeing results as numbers, but in umc-echonextmap.cfg:
// If enabled, a message will be displayed in the hint box when the next map is set.
// -
sm_umc_exchonextmap_hint "0"

You would want to set this to 1. Perhaps you would want to change sm_umc_echonextmap_center to 0 as well.

As for #2:
In umc-endvote.cfg:
// If a winning vote has less than this percentage of total votes, a runoff vote will be held.
// -
sm_umc_endvote_threshold "1"

This is specifying 100%, or a unanimous vote required to pass. Change this to something like 0.50 for 50%, etc.

AND:

/ Specifies a maximum number of runoff votes to run for any given vote.
// 0 = unlimited.
// -
sm_umc_endvote_runoffs "0"

This specifies an unlimited number of run off votes. Change this to something reasonable like 1, 2, 3, etc. I only allow 1 run off vote in my cfg, but you can have as many as you'd like, but make sure to tweak your timing settings to allow enough time for additional run off votes.

// Specifies what action to take if the runoff vote reaches the maximum amount of runoffs and the set threshold has not been reached.
// 0 - Do Nothing,
// 1 - Change Map to Winner
// -
sm_umc_endvote_runoff_failaction "1"

This is what would happen if sm_umc_endvote_threshold is not met after sm_umc_endvote_runoffs. Leaving it at 1 is a good idea unless you have something else that would change the map. I believe what happens when this is set to 1 is that UMC just picks the map with the most votes, or if a complete tie, just one of the maps that were in the vote.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2013 , 11:57   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3817

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweet
You would want to set this to 1. Perhaps you would want to change sm_umc_echonextmap_center to 0 as well.
Now I know, what he was talking about ^^

This features seems to not work correctly on DODS (my server) maybe this isnt working anymore for css as well? And yes I got sm_umc_exchonextmap_hint "1" I just checked this ^^

EDIT: hm interesting.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLSW Output
17:586 sm_umc_echonextmap_hint
17:586 Unknown command "sm_umc_echonextmap_hint"
17:58:57 sm_umc_exchonextmap_hint
17:58:57 "sm_umc_exchonextmap_hint" = "1" ( def. "0" ) min. 0.000000 max. 1.000000
- If enabled, a message will be displayed in the hint box when the next map is set.

Last edited by micazoid; 09-03-2013 at 12:00.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2013 , 12:23   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3818

Quote:
Originally Posted by micazoid View Post
Now I know, what he was talking about ^^

This features seems to not work correctly on DODS (my server) maybe this isnt working anymore for css as well? And yes I got sm_umc_exchonextmap_hint "1" I just checked this ^^

EDIT: hm interesting.....
I'm not sure if it's broke in CS:S. I just moved and I'm not sure if I will be able to run a server anymore at the new place with the internet service provided. I know that past updates by Valve to games has broken printing to the Hint box, but that is usually fixed with an update to SM shortly thereafter. If other hint text is working, then it's probably just a UMC problem.

Those messages are interesting, but I'm not sure that every configuration setting used by UMC is registered as a command, so just because the server console returns "invalid command", doesn't mean that the setting isn't read and used somehow by UMC. I'm pretty sure there are some settings that you can't change at the command line...you have to edit and save the .cfg file, then restart UMC.

My plugins:
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2013 , 12:52   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3819

Quote:
Those messages are interesting, but I'm not sure that every configuration setting used by UMC is registered as a command, so just because the server console returns "invalid command", doesn't mean that the setting isn't read and used somehow by UMC. I'm pretty sure there are some settings that you can't change at the command line...you have to edit and save the .cfg file, then restart UMC.
I never ran into that before. I am changing all commands via console because I do not want to wait till mapchange ^^
Old 09-03-2013 , 20:19   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3820

Quote:
Originally Posted by micazoid View Post
You can use "Display"in you mapcyclefile. See example

Spoiler
This worked like a charm, thank you