0% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

PauliusBa
Old 01-25-2009 , 14:04   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
From day 1 I did all of my testing on a server with podbot_mm and had no issues. Is there something in particular you are concerned about?
No, it's just I'm wondering about compatibility. I'm curious, how high above victims' heads is the bot placed, in bodies? Is it adjustable? Because FOV is the thing that concerns me.
And most hacks don't actualy work when you simply do +attack. They are kinda injectionly binded to mouse1 or even mouse3.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-25-2009 , 14:08   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauliusBa View Post
No, it's just I'm wondering about compatibility. I'm curious, how high above victims' heads is the bot placed, in bodies? Is it adjustable? Because FOV is the thing that concerns me.
And most hacks don't actualy work when you simply do +attack. They are kinda injectionly binded to mouse1 or even mouse3.
Above the head, minimum of 100 units above the victim. It will never be spawned inside of another player.

You can adjust it in the ham_killed forward, look for a function called calculate_z. If you look at the calculate_z function you can see how the bots spawn height is calculated.

100 is the minimum spawn height, 300 is max spawn height, 3000 is the assumed max distance used between the killer and victim.

Calculate_Z( g_PlayerToWatch , victim , 100 , 300 , 3000 )
Old 01-25-2009 , 14:32   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #373

Quote:
Now to be detected, a total of 4 points must be reached. Head=4, chest=2, legs=1.
you sure? what if aim is set just to head? or hacker hits bot just once?
mb you can check if hacker is aiming at bot too?

Last edited by Owyn; 01-25-2009 at 14:35.
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-25-2009 , 14:57   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Owyn. View Post
you sure? what if aim is set just to head? or hacker hits bot just once?
If he hits the head then it only takes 1 shot to be detected. If arms\stomach\chest, 2 shots are needed.

Head=4
Arms\stomach\chest=2
Legs=1

Required points = 4. Each shot will result in one of the above points to be added to the point counter.

if >= 4 points, detect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Owyn.
mb you can check if hacker is aiming at bot too?
I considered that but some aimbots only aim when the shoot button is pressed.

Last edited by Bugsy; 01-25-2009 at 14:59.
PauliusBa
Old 01-25-2009 , 15:54   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #375

If you are interested, this includes all the prints in [lt] Lithuanian. Also, it has * removed from "* [Aimbot Detector]", but that part shouldn't be included in a ML .txt file anyway. It is gramatically correct in every case (hard testing).
I'm posting this because it's very exhausting to translate every single time .
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (aimbotdetect.sma - 629 views - 56.7 KB)
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-25-2009 , 16:12   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #376

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauliusBa View Post
If you are interested, this includes all the prints in [lt] Lithuanian. Also, it has * removed from "* [Aimbot Detector]", but that part shouldn't be included in a ML .txt file anyway. It is gramatically correct in every case (hard testing).
I'm posting this because it's very exhausting to translate every single time .
Ok I will have ML in 1.1 I promise. Thanks for the translation

+karma
Old 01-25-2009 , 16:13   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #377

Bugsby please How can I set the AB watcher to LOG + BlindAmmo in source?

Code:
#define PUNISHMENT	LOG_ONLY	//Set the punishment (from above) that you want to use here.
Shall I siply put the both one after another?

Code:
#define PUNISHMENT	LOG_ONLY SHOOT_BLANKS_IP
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-25-2009 , 16:17   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seehank View Post
Bugsby please How can I set the AB watcher to LOG + BlindAmmo in source?

Code:
#define PUNISHMENT	LOG_ONLY	//Set the punishment (from above) that you want to use here.
Shall I siply put the both one after another?

Code:
#define PUNISHMENT	LOG_ONLY SHOOT_BLANKS_IP
Every detection logs automatically so even if you do not have LOG_ONLY set you will still get a log. Just do SHOOT_BLANKS_IP.
Old 01-25-2009 , 16:18   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #379

THNX.
Old 01-26-2009 , 04:27   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #380

Maybe it is possible to force players do +mouse1 or sth instead of +attack? Though my server automatically forces a player to binf mouse1 to +attack without knowing. Because I have done some investigation and hacks rely on +attack very rarely. I am not even sure if they would pick up +mouse1 command. So this watch works better against full-time aimbots (with or without antirecoil shake), which are not hard to recognise at all.
And I think that test bot should be spawned about half a body above victims' heads because of FOV stuff so the hack would pick up that bot more easily and could jump right to head or chest, that's why leg hits sholdn't be counted as 1, 0.5 would suit it better, i would say.
Also, there could be a check which would check if bullets are going totally straight, because shaky recoil (not aimbots) hacks literally do that. Also, some ppl use cfg alias based no-recoil scripts, which could be detected if pointer moves precisely the same every time with a particular weapon.
Just some thoughts. It catched 1 cheater which is enough for me to use it as is.
Also, there could be a cvar with ban time, because i prefer not to use permanent bans, though it is not a problem to hardcode it. It's just that u can change a cvar right from admin console (without ftp downld., comp., upl. routine). And what about speedhacks which use ultra-fast knife? I gues burst fire stuff could also be detected server-side. And ac_spinhack detector, which works flawlessly, could be integrated too.
All this would make it kinda start being the essential anticheat addition.

Last edited by PauliusBa; 01-26-2009 at 04:36.