Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

ssphreak
Old 07-13-2013 , 14:46   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3771

Powerlord - Does randomcycle.smx work with CSGO? I knew it didn't work when CSGO was 'new', but have they gotten it to work?

Bittersweet, I have checked that out a couple times trying to make sense of it. I don't have any UMC modules or anything, I just found this pluggin and want randomcycle part of it. I need a 'dumbed' down version of that to just see how the maps are listed. -

thanks to both of you for the replies - phreak
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2013 , 15:38   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3772

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssphreak View Post
Powerlord - Does randomcycle.smx work with CSGO? I knew it didn't work when CSGO was 'new', but have they gotten it to work?

Bittersweet, I have checked that out a couple times trying to make sense of it. I don't have any UMC modules or anything, I just found this pluggin and want randomcycle part of it. I need a 'dumbed' down version of that to just see how the maps are listed. -

thanks to both of you for the replies - phreak
It's the SM "key/values" format. There are program routines in SourePawn to handle this file format, so you see it again and again throughout SM.

For just random cycle use only, creating a umc_mapcycle.txt will be very easy, since you don't need to worry about groups and options used in other modules.

You'll need to create a txt file umc_mapcycle.txt that looks something like this:
Code:
"umc_mapcycle"
{
    "ssphreak's maps"
    {
        "de_dust" {}
        "de_dust2" {}
        "de_aztec" {}
    }
}
The group name "ssphreak's maps" could be named anything, like "Group A". Of course, the maps you list must actually exist on your server. The most important detail is that you maintain matching braces, in other words for every "{" you must have an "}". The other thing to understand about the braces is that they form a set of data, and the name given to the set would precede the braces. I don't believe you can change the main set "umc_mapcycle". This is known as the "root node". If you change that, I don't think UMC would recognize anything else after that. You can change/add options to any level under the root node. When you add an option, it applies to everything on that level in the tree.

Anyway, you asked for a dumbed down version and I've probably gone on too far beyond that. Here's some more information about Keyvalues themselves:

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/KeyValues...Mod_Scripting)

Edit: Since you just want UMC for randomly choosing a map, you should only need to the core module and randcycle module, these 2 plugins: umc-core.smx and umc-randomcycle.smx.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 07-13-2013 at 15:46. Reason: addition
ssphreak
Old 07-13-2013 , 17:30   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3773

Bittersweet - that code you showed me was exactly it - thanks for the help - peace! - phreak
Hasney
Old 07-14-2013 , 08:31   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3774

Hey all, I was hoping someone could help me with something.

I can't seem to find a CVAR that allows an increase of voting options. I'm using a tiered vote and what I'm looking for is to show 4 groups (plus extend map) on the first vote, then show 6 maps on the second vote. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help.
cssBOT
Old 07-15-2013 , 09:18   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasney View Post
Hey all, I was hoping someone could help me with something.

I can't seem to find a CVAR that allows an increase of voting options. I'm using a tiered vote and what I'm looking for is to show 4 groups (plus extend map) on the first vote, then show 6 maps on the second vote. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help.
Assuming you want end of map voting?
  • Use umc-core and umc-endvote modules.
  • In umc-endvote.cfg
    - set sm_umc_endvote_type "2" for tiered voting
    - review the various sm_umc_endvote_XXXX cvars to pick the type of extend you want.
  • In umc-core.cfg:
    - set sm_umc_vote_tieramount "6" for 6 maps to show (which is the default so you shouldn't need to do anything).
    - review sm_umc_extend_display cvar to pick where you want extend map to appear
  • The 4 groups to show are 4 groups you need to create in umc_mapcycle
Hasney
Old 07-15-2013 , 16:17   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3776

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssBOT View Post
  • In umc-endvote.cfg
    - review the various sm_umc_endvote_XXXX cvars to pick the type of extend you want.
  • In umc-core.cfg:
    - set sm_umc_vote_tieramount "6" for 6 maps to show (which is the default so you shouldn't need to do anything).
Thanks for that!

One other question, sometimes UMC seems to just change the map when a control point has been captured, not even round end. Is this a known bug or is it something going funny with my server?
cssBOT
Old 07-16-2013 , 04:04   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3777

Well if it's UMC changing the map then you have one of the other modules running and configured to change it on some other event.

Only run the UMC modules I mentioned and disable all the others.
goosmurf
Old 07-18-2013 , 04:19   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3778

I have sm_umc_nominate_mapexclude "4" set.

Is it possible to make the recently played maps show up in the !nominate list greyed out with a "(Recently Played)" prefix? This is how the inbuilt SM nominations.smx plugin works.

Players have been asking why map X has been removed when those maps only hidden due to being recently played.
dikkid
Old 07-21-2013 , 10:18   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3779

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssBOT View Post
  • In umc-endvote.cfg
  • In umc-core.cfg:
Does this means that at the End map voting, it'll show all maps so player could your the next button to find the map they want?
cssBOT
Old 07-22-2013 , 10:55   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3780

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikkid View Post
Does this means that at the End map voting, it'll show all maps so player could your the next button to find the map they want?
No.

If you read Hasney's question it's how to set it up for a 2 tiered vote.

To do what you want only run umc-core & umc-endvote modules.
Then in umc-core.cfg set sm_umc_vote_tieramount "x" , where x is the number of maps on your server. That should do it.