Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.5.0.0 (unsupported)

Post New Thread Reply   

chickenispro
Old 02-21-2014 , 22:43   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #341

so they have to get 1 point everytime they finish ? i want them to get the extra points for the world record but not points everytime they finish because this is exploitable with small maps with fast shortcuts the surf_newb_hazard finish in 20 second shortcut for example. when i started my beta server i gave points for every finish. this lead to people always voting this map and just finish over and over and over and over until they got in the top ranks. Witch IMO makes the rank not skill based but more based on who has the most time played like a MMO or something.

Last edited by chickenispro; 02-21-2014 at 22:48.
crayz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-21-2014 , 23:16   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #342

To compile the timer plugin from Github I am downloading the latest snapshot of Sourcemod, placing the timer core and its module .sp files into the scripting folder, and executing compile.exe, afterward all of the compiled files are created in the Compiled folder. I upload the core and needed modules to my FTP though things don't seem to work properly.

Is that the correct way to compile this timer?
Old 02-22-2014 , 00:23   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #343

Thanks creany this fixed my world record bonus points. Even tho everyone is gaining 1 point per finish i fixed it so they would have to do it thousands of times to keep up with world record holders. If it cannot be fixed to 0 points per finish and still get the bonus for the world record, I would say this is a bug/ a suggestion to fix in the future zipcore . To make the rankings based 100% on map time and not how many times u finish because as i said this is exploitable to a certain extent on easier surf maps.
Conorman
Old 02-22-2014 , 00:42   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #344

Is there a way to have the replay bot refresh on map wr. I noticed it only updates the name after it completes the replay of the wr.

I see there is a "RefreshBot" function in the timer-replay.sp and one that says what happens when there is a wr. Is it possible to add the RefreshBot to that or would it be a totally different way to do it?
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2014 , 03:46   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayz View Post
To compile the timer plugin from Github I am downloading the latest snapshot of Sourcemod, placing the timer core and its module .sp files into the scripting folder, and executing compile.exe, afterward all of the compiled files are created in the Compiled folder. I upload the core and needed modules to my FTP though things don't seem to work properly.

Is that the correct way to compile this timer?
I've installed latest repo on my test server, it's working so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenispro View Post
Thanks creany this fixed my world record bonus points. Even tho everyone is gaining 1 point per finish i fixed it so they would have to do it thousands of times to keep up with world record holders. If it cannot be fixed to 0 points per finish and still get the bonus for the world record, I would say this is a bug/ a suggestion to fix in the future zipcore . To make the rankings based 100% on map time and not how many times u finish because as i said this is exploitable to a certain extent on easier surf maps.
I'll fix this, but you could use a points multi lower than 1 for styles to bypass this atm.

For example use "points_multi" "0.5" and multiply all points by 2 at your config but keep "points_anyway" "1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorman View Post
Is there a way to have the replay bot refresh on map wr. I noticed it only updates the name after it completes the replay of the wr.

I see there is a "RefreshBot" function in the timer-replay.sp and one that says what happens when there is a wr. Is it possible to add the RefreshBot to that or would it be a totally different way to do it?
We don't support this replay bot module until it's recoded with botmimic2
Old 02-22-2014 , 05:18   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcore View Post
Do you only need start zones to be enabled late or something like that or the full plugin?
I got a server with two mods (skill surf and shoot surf), so I wanna load "shoot surf" plugins when "shoot surf" map starts and load "skill surf" plugins (insluding timer) when "skill surf" map starts.

I use UMC mapcommands to execute skill/shoot config.

EDIT: And I don't wanna load every plugin and then unload some depending on map type.. Because timer changes some settings and it would be sick to repair that settings for "shoot surf" O:-)

Last edited by KissLick; 02-22-2014 at 05:23.
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-22-2014 , 05:34   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #347

Quote:
We don't support this replay bot module until it's recoded with botmimic2
Bot Mimic 2 recording is buggy, take a look at bhop.it's server, the bot can get below and above the ground. I have a better way of recording and playing, I'll re-code a replay bot and it should be finished until the weekend.
Old 02-22-2014 , 06:45   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #348

Hello!
Is there anyway to get [TEAM] in scoreboard to show the players rank and dont the time ?
Uploaded 2 pictures to show what i mean!

Thanks for all kinds of help
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 02-22-2014 , 07:05   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
Bot Mimic 2 recording is buggy, take a look at bhop.it's server, the bot can get below and above the ground. I have a better way of recording and playing, I'll re-code a replay bot and it should be finished until the weekend.
Very nice, do you save player position aswell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissLick View Post
I got a server with two mods (skill surf and shoot surf), so I wanna load "shoot surf" plugins when "shoot surf" map starts and load "skill surf" plugins (insluding timer) when "skill surf" map starts.

I use UMC mapcommands to execute skill/shoot config.

EDIT: And I don't wanna load every plugin and then unload some depending on map type.. Because timer changes some settings and it would be sick to repair that settings for "shoot surf" O:-)
Hmm ok, I could add a mapconfig system.
Old 02-22-2014 , 07:16   Re: [CSS/CSGO] Timer 2.0.6 (30+ modules)
Reply With Quote #350

Quote:
Hmm ok, I could add a mapconfig system.
UMC is awesome for this.. Just need to know the order how should I load the timer modules.