0% 

[L4D] Survivor Upgrades

Post New Thread Reply   

Whosat
Old 08-10-2009 , 09:32   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
oh cmon man, we're waiting so loon for the fixes...
SourceMod guys: Is it okay if I release and support a rewrite of an unsupported plugin without the (inactive) original developer's consent?
Old 08-10-2009 , 13:17   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #342

Im not sure. It seems you really reworked plugin, and you should give credit for original plugin and idea (according to rules), but there is nothing in rules about taking on with supporting someone's plugin (or i jsut didnt find it). At least you can post it in your post. You did hard job with quite big chunk of code, so why not?
Old 08-10-2009 , 13:25   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #343

i am not in a hurry.
Whosat
Old 08-10-2009 , 17:37   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Im not sure. It seems you really reworked plugin, and you should give credit for original plugin and idea (according to rules), but there is nothing in rules about taking on with supporting someone's plugin (or i jsut didnt find it). At least you can post it in your post. You did hard job with quite big chunk of code, so why not?
Yes of course due credit will be given. Alright I'll wait for a higher order to come confirm this first.
Old 08-10-2009 , 17:44   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Yes of course due credit will be given. Alright I'll wait for a higher order to come confirm this first.
did you send PM to som of em'?
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
chaoling
Old 08-11-2009 , 03:50   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #346

you can edit the color of the laser? say in which part of the code?
Whosat
Old 08-11-2009 , 04:21   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
did you send PM to som of em'?
Not yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoling View Post
you can edit the color of the laser? say in which part of the code?
Nope. Its part of L4D's in-built code.
Old 08-12-2009 , 21:07   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #348

Is there a way to force reloader (fast reloads) on at all times?
buckminst
Old 08-12-2009 , 21:51   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #349

Just recently found SourceMod and plugins, have been having lots of fun in L4D with them.

Started with Jerrith's last release, and am currently using your rewrite Whosat, so hats off to both of you.

I am, however, having some trouble with it - namely, the upgrades work for the first map of the campaign for all players, but after the map change to the next map in the campaign (like, No Mercy 1 -> No Mercy 2), the bots retain the upgrades, but as soon as the human players spawn and take the bots' place, they lose the upgrades _UNLESS_ I manually reset the survivor_upgrades cvar to 1 before the human players load - if I do that, they keep their upgrades. If I mess up, then once the cvar is set, if they idle and come back their upgrades get reset.

In the interim, I've set the upgrades to reset and regive initial upgrades on map change so that other players don't lose any upgrades (the extended clip size LOVES to stop working)... but I was wondering if anybody out there has any tips for getting this to work more reliably, or if Whosat's (hopefully) upcoming next release will fix these issues.

Any help is appreciated. Love the plugin!
Whosat
Old 08-13-2009 , 07:03   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ook1 View Post
Is there a way to force reloader (fast reloads) on at all times?
Only a way to make it give at spawn. Set that convar to 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckminst View Post
Just recently found SourceMod and plugins, have been having lots of fun in L4D with them.

Started with Jerrith's last release, and am currently using your rewrite Whosat, so hats off to both of you.

I am, however, having some trouble with it - namely, the upgrades work for the first map of the campaign for all players, but after the map change to the next map in the campaign (like, No Mercy 1 -> No Mercy 2), the bots retain the upgrades, but as soon as the human players spawn and take the bots' place, they lose the upgrades _UNLESS_ I manually reset the survivor_upgrades cvar to 1 before the human players load - if I do that, they keep their upgrades. If I mess up, then once the cvar is set, if they idle and come back their upgrades get reset.

In the interim, I've set the upgrades to reset and regive initial upgrades on map change so that other players don't lose any upgrades (the extended clip size LOVES to stop working)... but I was wondering if anybody out there has any tips for getting this to work more reliably, or if Whosat's (hopefully) upcoming next release will fix these issues.

Any help is appreciated. Love the plugin!
Are you sure you're using my latest version, 1.4k3? You're saying the survivor_upgrades cvar changes to 0 at map start? I removed those in v1.4k3.

I'm working on a new release yes, probably releasing it this weekend.