Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots

Post New Thread Reply   

Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2009 , 18:37   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #331

Yeah, so if there's normal players on they'll still get kicked (how it normally works).

But say the server is full of reserve slot people and you have tiers of reserve slots e.g. admins, members, "regulars"
Admins have 80 immunity, members 50 and regulars 20 (as setup in admins/groups). If the server has a regular connected and a member or admin connects he will boot a regular. However if an admin connects and there are no regulars and only members a member will get kicked etc. So yes, it basically goes on the configured immunity of the user.

I made this version of the plugin for myself really for our server so it's up to server operators out there if they want that functionality or not.
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2009 , 18:55   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #332

Has anyone put any thought to how this type of reserved slot will affect Valves fancy pants new server scoring policy? Email today from Erik says:

Quote:
- Reserved slots won't result in any scoring implications if you're using them correctly (i.e. have set sv_visiblemaxplayers properly, or are using a SourceMod method)
Well this is 'a SourceMod method' but its not the base one. I dont think it will a have a huge affect on my servers but i thought id put it out there.
Old 03-16-2009 , 19:15   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #333

This intercepts before the server does the 'IsFull' check, so to a rejected client it's indistinguishable from joining a full server.

So this is probably the most foolproof method of reserved slots as far as valve's server ranking algorithm goes.
flubber
Old 03-17-2009 , 04:26   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamster View Post
I made this version of the plugin for myself really for our server so it's up to server operators out there if they want that functionality or not.
This is something i was waiting for quite sometime now. I'll give it a try today. Just one question before i test it :

Got 16 admins, immunity 100
Got 150 slot reserved (flags a/immunity set to 1)
Got 250 people with immunity set to 1
Got unknow players ingame

Let's say there is 6 of each of those categories on the server.

Will it kick :
a) an unknow players (as i wished)
b) one of the slot reserved
c) one of the 250 people with just the immunity

And if there is only admins, slot reserved players and people with immunity ingame, wich one will it kicked.
In fact the question is does the a flags immune in addition to the immunity set to 1 or do i have to give slot reserved players an immunity of 2 (which will change the voteban/votekick/votedrug possibilities on those players.

Last edited by flubber; 03-17-2009 at 04:36.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2009 , 12:19   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #335

To answer your first question, it will kick all unknown first OR those with immunity set to 1 only (those without res). It checks for res first THEN if that doesn't apply checks res users for immunity.

I would recommend you set the reserve slot people to 5 immunity and give the other 250 res access too but with the same immunity (1), but make sure the default for pubbies is 0. If any commands on your server rely upon res status then change them maybe to use a custom flag and give that custom flag to the 150 normal res.

Last edited by Jamster; 03-17-2009 at 12:22.
flubber
Old 03-18-2009 , 17:55   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #336

Ok i've give admins 100 imminity and less (100-50), reserved slot are @ 5 and protected @ 2, i'll give you feedback if i see something abnormal.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2009 , 20:15   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #337

OK, cheers. Seems to have been going fine on my server so it should be A-OK.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2009 , 21:36   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #338

Hah, as I say that an issue came up tonight. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the IsObserver check is kicking players trying to connect too that have valid credentials if ANOTHER res player tries to connect too at the same time. I think removing this check has fixed the issue.

Experiment, experiment! As long as you have a plugin kicking idle spec players anyway (as I am sure most of you do) this shouldn't be a BIG problem removing this check.

edit: hmmm, maybe not resolved, I dunno, though I haven't restarted the extension but that shouldn't matter, ugh, gonna take some time over this to get it right. I swear it should all work @__@
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (cbaseservertools.sp - 94 views - 3.4 KB)
File Type: smx cbaseservertools.smx (3.6 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by Jamster; 03-18-2009 at 22:07.
zhelev81
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2009 , 22:17   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #339

When is this going to work for CSS ?
Send a message via ICQ to zhelev81 Send a message via MSN to zhelev81 Send a message via Skype™ to zhelev81
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2009 , 22:39   Re: [EXTENSION] CBaseServer (+ Detouring class) - Reserved Slots with 0 wasted slots
Reply With Quote #340

When people give pred lots of money.

Because he owns.