Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

pcquad
Old 08-17-2012 , 19:31   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
I think he wants you to grab the supporting sniper files and place them with the cbs_v3.mdl file

Sarge, what do you think of this, and its just a suggestion (I'm not meaning to sound like a smarta$$)
Would you be willing to lets go to 1.39d that uses cbs_v4.mdl and lets pack up everything including the .bz2 files and all needed files into a package for download?
I followed what you were saying after I read it a second time for 1.39c . But I think a complete package that has no conflicts out there and not having folks go to multiple post to collect all needed files will help. Kind of a one stop shopping link that has exactly what is needed in one neat package.
Let me know if I can help. I can have a test server going if needed for 1.39x
Again, I hope this is worded in such a way that you are not misreading the spirit of what I am saying, and thanks again for all your hard work on VSH!!
Brilliant Idea,
i would much appreciate that!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-17-2012 , 20:17   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I'll be honest, I did what BBG_Theory is mentioning for FF2 (packaging up the stockmodels files with the model and adding them to the FF2 config file for CBS, which adds them to the downloads table).
Old 08-17-2012 , 20:32   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
I'm fairly certain the crash is because Hale doesn't have a proper ragdoll, and SetCustomModel now affects ragdolls (since all the bots in MvM are using custommodels).

I can try to fix it by unsetting the model in VSH, but oddly, some other plugin on my server is unsetting models on death so I never get the crash and can't figure out where it is.

BBG_Theory: damnit, man, I spent at least four posts explaining why overwriting existing model names is bad. We have a bunch of clients with one version of cbs_v3.mdl and you're running a different version and causing clients to download a different version. Now, every server running the original version will have those clients messed up. asherkin just said it's making clients download bad content. Please at least listen to me.

MUN: After having spent quite a few posts explaining it, I won't apologize. I don't care if people don't listen to me, but once you start messing up clients' files and sending bad content, we start getting issues with "AAAH VSH MESSED UP MY TF2, FLAMINSARGE IS A DUCKBUTT". I get blamed for any and all issues VSH causes a client. I can't have that.

RavensBro: You didn't at all understand what I said. cbs_v3.mdl is an already-existing file, as I made it to go with VSH 1.39 and stockmodels. You are overwriting it again. Clients will now have massive file conflicts.
I've been over this several times, so please stop trying to 'fix' things (I understand how mean this particular sentence sounds, but I'm fairly certain quite a few of us have seen several movies or TV shows in which a character is only 'trying to help' but messes quite a few things up; same situation). I already said that VSH 1.39 has the fix and you keep assuming it does not instead of actually trying out the stockmodels plugin and the original cbs_v3.mdl. Now, however, I'm afraid the damage is done and we have several tens if not hundreds of clients who have the conflicting files.

To everyone seeking a fix for everything, v1.39 already had the CBS fix in place. It still works. Do not use RavensBro's stuff, as however much it works, it still causes clients to have conflicting files.
I will look into the superjump issue though last I checked it was working fine.

Powerlord: Ah I should have i < 32, shouldn't I. Botched that because I wasn't paying attention.

I'm making a cbs_v4 that will solve our little client file conflict issue that several of you have caused, but until that comes, I'm less than inclined to help out if people decide to ignore me.

Thank you for the more helpful answer

Next: do you need someone to run a vsh 1.39c? I can, I have a slot ready to go.

Last edited by MUN; 08-17-2012 at 20:35. Reason: to many quotes
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2012 , 23:11   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

i under stand don't worry i won't try to help any more i guess i'm to old for this shit.
MUN
Old 08-17-2012 , 23:49   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensBro View Post
i under stand don't worry i won't try to help any more i guess i'm to old for this shit.
I will always accept your help =)
Old 08-18-2012 , 02:22   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Starpaw View Post
IL listen to Ravensbro any time if i want put the files in all 30 my servers then i will.

Ps the modle work better then that crap messed up v3 sniper faster down load and runs great snice ff2 is down will be down for long while and i have 10 ff2 server i making them into 1.38 saxtons. I do not have time wait for solution to be made. and i do not care where it comes from. longs it works who give flying L where it comes from.
I personally have no problems with him releasing fixes.

The problem is releasing fixes named cbs_v2.mdl or cbs_v3.mdl and having them be different than the models that already have those filenames. That breaks things, because now players may have a different version of the files than the server does.

Quote:
Thank you RavenBro you helped me out so much. and model works great. no crashes nothing if any one want a windows fix for source-mod let me know IL hand you the files make it work again s since their is no update for it for windows.
Windows fix for SourceMod. Or were you referring to something else?

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-18-2012 at 02:30.
MUN
Old 08-18-2012 , 02:29   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
IL listen to Ravensbro any time if i want put the files in all 30 my servers then i will.

PS the model work better then that crap messed up v3 sniper faster down load and runs great since ff2 is down will be down for long while and i have 10 ff2 servers and i can mot have them just sitting. so I am making them into 1.38 saxtons. I do not have time wait for solution to be made. and i do not care where it comes from. longs it works who give flying L where it comes from.

Thank you RavenBro you helped me out so much. and model works great. no crashes nothing if any one want a windows fix for source-mod let me know IL hand you the files make it work again s since their is no update for it for windows.

To prevent issues I also suggest you rename your files so that you don't get conflicts. Not fully sure how I got mine all and kosher, did too many steps at once =\

....but mine at least wont interfere with flaminsarge and his is distrubuted as well, but not used.
Old 08-18-2012 , 03:46   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
I know what to do ant some dumb ass i had everything 100% great till the dam MvM update servers where running at 55 bosses at 80% health full all day and day out. like Powerlord stated Valve took too much Resources that ff2 can't fuction right.

Now just I don't know lot hard work for both sides from Creators, Allied Modders and the server owners went down the drain due to Valve. you think for almost 3 years in the making they would had known all this and would have known what it would have done. But i Guess not
never said you were "dumb ass"
Old 08-18-2012 , 07:52   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

come on guys, we are all frustrated with this situation - but we are not the enemies here, so lets not get side tracked and misdirect our frustation towards each other.
We need to remember FlaminSarge is leading this VSH project and we need to do as he says or he could get frustrated with us ( and not the Valve updates ) and stop trying to help us. We need to stay loyal to his direction here. I for one dont want to loose his support. Im sure there will be future updates from Valve that if we loose guys like Powerlord and FlaminSarge, then we will loose vsh as well
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2012 , 07:55   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

on topic, latest update from valve did fix my "if hale gets killed it will crash the client" however there are still tons of other crashes which they need to fix i presume beside that. I believe this was the ragdoll issue which flaminsarge talked about that got fixed.