Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

VAC Status Checker (v.2.5.0 8/27/19)

Post New Thread Reply   

Doulos
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2017 , 21:48   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #311

How about changing
Quote:
Added option to ignore VAC bans after a specified number of days
so that the plugin ignores VAC bans after a certain date so that it never changes. As it is the date keeps moving one day up as each day passes. Is this possible?
StevoTVR
Old 10-01-2017 , 22:55   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
How about changing

so that the plugin ignores VAC bans after a certain date so that it never changes. As it is the date keeps moving one day up as each day passes. Is this possible?
I'm not sure what you mean.
Doulos
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2017 , 23:35   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #313

If a player has a vac ban 100 days ago today, and I set the ignore at 100 days, tomorrow he will have a vac ban 101 days ago and will be ignored. I would like to set it so that it ignores vac bans occurring before a certain date not by number of days ago.
StevoTVR
Old 10-01-2017 , 23:48   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #314

Quote:
If a player has a vac ban 100 days ago today, and I set the ignore at 100 days, tomorrow he will have a vac ban 101 days ago and will be ignored. I would like to set it so that it ignores vac bans occurring before a certain date not by number of days ago.
I guess that's possible, but I don't know how many people would want that. What is your reason for needing that option?
Doulos
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2017 , 01:02   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #315

My community had a member who was vac banned so the leaders (at the time) decided that any VAC bans on any game from that day on would be banned from our server. Players VAC banned before that day would not be banned unless they got another vac ban subsequent to then. We have been enforcing that rule ever since by admins verifying the individual players' vac status via steam reputation. Having the plugin ignoring vac bans before that date, and kicking/banning players with vac bans since would be very helpful and admins could spend more time playing and less time with admin business. I realize that I can whitelist individual players steam id's but I would rather not hav to do that.

Last edited by Doulos; 10-02-2017 at 01:03.
StevoTVR
Old 10-02-2017 , 16:58   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #316

Quote:
My community had a member who was vac banned so the leaders (at the time) decided that any VAC bans on any game from that day on would be banned from our server. Players VAC banned before that day would not be banned unless they got another vac ban subsequent to then. We have been enforcing that rule ever since by admins verifying the individual players' vac status via steam reputation. Having the plugin ignoring vac bans before that date, and kicking/banning players with vac bans since would be very helpful and admins could spend more time playing and less time with admin business. I realize that I can whitelist individual players steam id's but I would rather not hav to do that.
I guess I can add that. I just don't know what to name the ConVar.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-02-2017 , 19:46   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #317

Quote:
Seems like an OK addition, to allow older bans, such as giving people a second chance.

Some people are getting better, even though there are of course also people who don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoTVR View Post
I guess I can add that. I just don't know what to name the ConVar.

Code:
// Ignore VAC bans before this time (UNIX timestamp, 0 = disabled)
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
sm_vacbans_ignore_before "1483228800"

Code:
// Ignore VAC bans before this time (YYYY-MM-DD, 0 = disabled)
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
sm_vacbans_ignore_before "2017-01-01"
Solution 1 is easiest to do in SM, as GetTime() returns the current UNIX timestamp.

People can always use any of the online converters to convert a specific date to UNIX timestamp.

Solution 2 is possible, but won't work directly cause SM has no built in timestamp functions to convert dates/times to UNIX timestamps, and would be more tricky to do though.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
StevoTVR
Old 10-02-2017 , 19:55   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #318

I've already implemented it as sm_vacbans_vac_epoch with the YYYY-MM-DD format.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-02-2017 , 20:00   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoTVR View Post
I've already implemented it as sm_vacbans_vac_epoch with the YYYY-MM-DD format.
_epoch ?

epoch is the same as UNIX timestamp. ;-)

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
StevoTVR
Old 10-02-2017 , 20:07   Re: VAC Status Checker (v.2.0.0 2/21/17)
Reply With Quote #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
_epoch ?

epoch is the same as UNIX timestamp. ;-)
An epoch is the beginning of something. A Unix timestamp is the number of seconds since the Unix epoch, which is the beginning of the existence of Unix. I can change it if you think people will be confused...