Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Zombie Swarm 3.1

Post New Thread Reply   

vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 05-29-2007 , 22:55   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #301

Add a classname check for "weapon_shield" in the touch forward to block against picking up a shield for zombies...

Oh and I found a model that crouches ect... Not sure if it was made for cs because the death animation I think gets screwed, could be for an older version of cs. I kinda don't like it as much but looks similar to the one used from HL, will edit and attach here later.

-------------
Edit: Attached model
Attached Files
File Type: zip zombie_model.zip (945.3 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by vittu; 05-30-2007 at 16:54.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
artikz
Old 05-30-2007 , 01:05   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #302

Mini Midget i have some ideas for zombie swarm
1) i can upload 3 models of zombies , each other looks different , partly those ar quite nice reskinned ct skins , with blood and damaged body
2) it's more fun if zombies don't have that knife ( or anything else ) , i have got a scythe model , its look very funny through
3) could you make lightining a little bit more faster but the light from lightining a little bit darker , and moment of light little bit shorter
4) can you take code from superhero Pitch Black to set zombie vision not green but red ( looks like blood , i think that that would be nice)
5) regeneration (Hp) code you can get from superhero DarthMaul
regeneration (ap)(for ct) from superheroes Goku , Gohan , Goten , Super Sayan Gohan (didn't remember right one) , but they will gain armor instatly up to 1000 , but you can simply set ap limit to example 200 abd all will be fine
6) can you give link to pump knocback plugin ?
7) T's weapons menu you can try to execute from CSDM
8 ) skin choosing ? , why ? apart only for T's if there is for example four skins to allow ct's chosse they skin , for ct's i don't understand , i think for ct it is uselesss

Last edited by artikz; 05-30-2007 at 01:12.
djmd378
Old 05-30-2007 , 02:09   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by artikz View Post
1) i can upload 3 models of zombies , each other looks different , partly those ar quite nice reskinned ct skins , with blood and damaged body
2) it's more fun if zombies don't have that knife ( or anything else ) , i have got a scythe model , its look very funny through
3) could you make lightining a little bit more faster but the light from lightining a little bit darker , and moment of light little bit shorter
4) can you take code from superhero Pitch Black to set zombie vision not green but red ( looks like blood , i think that that would be nice)
regeneration (ap)(for ct) from superheroes Goku , Gohan , Goten , Super Sayan Gohan (didn't remember right one) , but they will gain armor instatly up to 1000 , but you can simply set ap limit to example 200 abd all will be fine
8 ) skin choosing ? , why ? apart only for T's if there is for example four skins to allow ct's chosse they skin , for ct's i don't understand , i think for ct it is uselesss
I think i can answer for him since this is probably true.

1.) He's trying to keep the file download under 1.5MB and have it match with the weapon model
2.) If you say its better with no model, then how is it better with a scythe model?
3.) I won't answer this one for him.
4.) Superhero mod has their own coding w/e you call it, so he can't just "take" it from that hero. Also custom night vision lags lower-end to mid-ranged clients .
5.) #4
6.) ....
7.) T's are zombies... zombies doesn't need weapons. Whats the point?
8.) You don't understand what you are saying, and nor do I.
Old 05-30-2007 , 02:59   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #304

Quote:
Here would be my answers

1. like djmd378 and mini-midget said, its better to keep it under 1.3 mb
2. as i know, atm there isnt any knife, there are claws, and i think its cool (althought havent tried it)
3. thats the thing i dont know
4. 1) i think its hard to copy something like this from other game, it has
different code and so on
2) as i know, he already tried it once, made even cvar for it but he said
it was laggy (dunno if he kept the cvar)
5. 1) again, hard to copy from another game
2) i think regenator would be alittle lame, too hard for humans but
havent tried, maybe not (u can set the zombie health whatever
you want anyway...)
6. whats that? - pardon me, but i dont know if it even fits this theard
7. that would be nice idea, think someone already suggested that
to djmd378: he didnt mean the zombies, he ment that CTs could get /
buy T weapons
8. as i said, i havent tried it. but skin choosing between CT and T models,
i think its cool. 1 thing what would disturb me would be that CTs can
choose Zombie skin too, that would be lame.
mrpanda
Old 05-30-2007 , 05:24   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #305

artikz go code your own or something im pretty sure a guy with your imagination wont have too much trouble

I have come back from my slumber.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2007 , 07:09   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #306

mrpanda, are you going to share your 'fix' for the kick?
Mini_Midget
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2007 , 07:20   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #307

Things in bold are my answers...
Quote:
I keep the downloads to a minimum. Less than 1.5mbs
You won't know when you attacked or not. And the model I have now matches the zombie model right now.
Faster light : Yes I can do this. Lightning darker : Yes. Moment of light : Yes.
I actually do have a version with a custom night vision. But I removed it as it caused chaos to everyone. I believe you don't want the same.
This is in the todo list... But bug fixes are more important at this stage.
As everyone else will say... Search for it. Don't be lazy.
Its in the todo list also.
8 ) skin choosing ? , why ? apart only for T's if there is for example four skins to allow ct's chosse they skin , for ct's i don't understand , i think for ct it is uselesss Zombies can't not choose a different skin. They stay as zombies will be forever be zombies.
Humans however... After they choose a team and select a character. A menu pops up on which of the 8 default skins of CS you can choose from. This does not include the zombie model or any other customs skins that I will add.
@ vittu
Oops, didn't know that the shield had its own weapon_box or entity thingy.

@ P4rD0nM3
As you just said, it might have crashed because you just put everyone in one server all at the same time.
Report back to me later please. Thanks

@ djmd378
Still checking on what you changed.
I noticed you added this but I don't know what your trying to stop though...
PHP Code:
remove_task(8724638716329469182734612)

remove_task(6109847125619278436)

remove_task(8719341251234

Last edited by Mini_Midget; 05-30-2007 at 07:26.
P4rD0nM3
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2007 , 07:29   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #308

It might be that Mini_Midget. I'll report back later on the peak hours. It's still about that svc thing.
fawk3s
BANNED
Old 05-30-2007 , 11:19   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #309

I have some questions, havent tested this mod. 1) When zombies got claws and they hit other players/wall with them, do they still make that knife sound? 2) Is there still that zombie-crouch bug?Also, please somebody add pics .

Last edited by fawk3s; 05-30-2007 at 12:06.
Arion
Old 05-30-2007 , 13:15   Re: Zombie Swarm 2.2
Reply With Quote #310

Midget, can you speed up the movement of the zombie's claws? I think that will make it looks more realistic
Send a message via MSN to Arion