0% 

Handicap Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

organizedKaoS
Old 11-01-2006 , 20:49   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman11 View Post
Ok if u dont like this plugin leave dont yell at him ur retarded for yelling at him you dont have to put it on your server or wat ever.
You have no idea how this works do you.

This is the new plugin submission forum.

Plugins are submitted here for the people to view, use, and critique on.

I wasn't yelling at him, I was showing him that his initial attempt was inevitably flawed.

You yourself however, did not input any helpful information, so you should be the one to leave.

All you did was quote me on my critique of his plugin and then added your two sense.

Where's your insight into this plugin??

You have less to say than what I do, and I actually gave useful info toward this plugin. Next time read all the responses of the thread before you decide to "attack" an "attacker".
freamer
Old 11-02-2006 , 04:20   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman11 View Post
Ok if u dont like this plugin leave dont yell at him ur retarded for yelling at him you dont have to put it on your server or wat ever.
he was right to correct him
in my opinion first plugin is totally useless,but the second one can be useful thought
organizedKaoS
Old 11-02-2006 , 12:02   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #23

Rolnaaba....I found the problem for your 2nd version not setting health.

You were using the hltv event to call the new round function.

While it was printing the chat text saying your health will be set, it was calling it too soon and wasn't able to set a users health.

Heres the edited working script which I have confirmed now sets health.

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #include <fun> new PlayerFrags[33] new bool:PlayerDied[33] public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Handicap Mod2", "2.0", "Rolnaaba")     register_event("DeathMsg", "Event_Death", "a")     register_logevent("Event_RoundEnd", 2, "1=Round_End")     register_cvar("amx_1sthealth", "80")     register_cvar("amx_2ndhealth", "60")     register_cvar("amx_3rdhealth", "40") } public Event_Death()     {       new killer = read_data(1)     new victim = read_data(2)         if(!PlayerDied[victim])         {         PlayerDied[victim] = true         PlayerFrags[victim] = 0     }     if(PlayerDied[killer])         {         PlayerDied[killer] = false     }         PlayerFrags[killer]++ } public Event_RoundEnd()     {     new Players[32], playerCount, i, id     get_players(Players, playerCount, "c")     for(i=0;i<playerCount;i++)         {         id = Players[i]         set_task(5.0, "Do_Health", id)     } } public Do_Health(id)     {       if(is_user_connected(id) && !PlayerDied[id])         {         if(PlayerFrags[id] >= 3 && PlayerFrags[id] <= 5)             {             new health = get_cvar_num("amx_1sthealth")                                      set_user_health(id, health)             client_print(id, print_chat, "Your health will be set to %iHP for having %i kills in a row", health, PlayerFrags[id])         }         else if(PlayerFrags[id] >= 6 && PlayerFrags[id] <= 8)             {             new health = get_cvar_num("amx_2ndhealth")                          set_user_health(id, health)             client_print(id, print_chat, "Your health will be set to %iHP for having %i kills in a row", health, PlayerFrags[id])         }         else if(PlayerFrags[id] >= 9)             {             new health = get_cvar_num("amx_3rdhealth")                          set_user_health(id, health)             client_print(id, print_chat, "Your health will be set to %iHP for having %i kills in a row", health, PlayerFrags[id])         }     } }
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 11-02-2006 , 14:26   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #24

you used event round end this will print/set at end of round I will use log_event_roundstart whcih will occur at end of freeze time...
Old 11-02-2006 , 14:27   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolnaaba View Post
you used event round end this will print/set at end of round I will use log_event_roundstart whcih will occur at end of freeze time...
Negative.

Look at the function.

At round end I gather all players except bots and then set task the players over to the function to set health.

The set task is timed to occur on the new round.

Test it.

It works.
|PnC| green
Old 11-26-2006 , 23:22   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #26

is there anyway to make another version that would say set players health by using steam id in a cfg file with the starting health for the player.. i ask for this because we have some really good players on the server that are regulars but play to good and run off alot of players.. i have had to ban a few from server because they were to good or really good at cheating...lol.. thanks if you can help out..

Last edited by |PnC| green; 11-26-2006 at 23:27.
Rolnaaba
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2006 , 09:31   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #27

um y? when they start to win they will be handicapped to read from a cfg file will take coding I really dont want to do for a feature thats not that usefull sry but you can ask someone else to do it for you
Old 11-27-2006 , 17:29   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #28

Thanks for replying Rolnaaba...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolnaaba View Post
um y? when they start to win they will be handicapped
because i dont want to handicapp my whole server.. after a week of running your plugin i probably would'nt have anyone on the server.. i just want to handicapped a few redliously good players rather then banning them..
if any other coders would like to make this i would very much appricate it.. just a simple if your steam id is xxxxxxxx your starting health every round is what ever value you set.. thanks...

Last edited by |PnC| green; 11-27-2006 at 21:52.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 12-26-2006 , 13:43   Re: Handicap Mod
Reply With Quote #29

This looks alright and unique. Approved.