0% 

[CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance

Post New Thread Reply   

databomb
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2011 , 22:08   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #21

Version 3.0.0 Released

The translations file has been updated, please re-download this if you already have a copy. This release adds a lot of new functionality and options to the plugin such as the ability to block the classes screen from appearing and sensing which players have mics and using this information to balance the teams. If you'd like to make use of the mic detection just install asherkin's VoiceHook MetaMod:Source plugin and SM extension, no additional configuration is necessary.

Changes since 2.80 Release:
- Added functionality to re-display the team selection menu
- Added functionality to prevent the class selection menu from appearing (This is useful on servers which have custom models or model menus)
- Added option to allow players to join straight to CT team after joining (blocked by default)
- Patched a problem where all CTs were dead and 'Game Commencing' hadn't triggered
- Added sm_removeguard command with admin menu integration to remove a specific player from the guard queue
- Updated/added on to the translations file
- Added mic checking option (this feature requires asherkin's VoiceHook MM:S plugin)
- Code optimizations
Old 03-17-2011 , 08:33   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #22

Can you elaborate mic checking?
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2011 , 00:05   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #23

Mic checking requires asherkin's MM:S plugin found here:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=145457

If there is a CT shortage and a T->CT swap needs to occur, the mic checking will determine who on the T team has used a mic during that round and choose a random player from that sub-group. If no one has used a mic on T that round then it will leave the ratio as it is. It resets the list of people who used their mic every round.

In the future I'd like to expand this to give optional warnings to CTs who don't use their mic for a few rounds. And any ideas the community thinks of as well
Old 03-18-2011 , 08:07   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #24

Wow that is brilliant.

Well done
namine
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-20-2011 , 12:36   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #25

On a map change, when people first spawn, they sometimes just die immediately. What would be causing this?
Old 03-20-2011 , 13:14   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #26

Also, set it so people can join T whenever they want, since I set it so people can join either CT or T on connect. If someone wants to switch to T, they have to rejoin just to get on it, and that's extremely inconvenient.
Old 03-20-2011 , 14:45   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by namine View Post
Also, set it so people can join T whenever they want, since I set it so people can join either CT or T on connect. If someone wants to switch to T, they have to rejoin just to get on it, and that's extremely inconvenient.
People may join T whenever. Could you tell me more info on when it would block a join to T or when someone needs to rejoin to get on it? To have CT and T available on connect, set the sm_jbtb_blockct to 0 on your config file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namine
On a map change, when people first spawn, they sometimes just die immediately. What would be causing this?
It could be a few things.. the joinclass command could be coming too late. Also, if someone joins T quickly then late-joiners to T and CT won't spawn. At the beginning of the map it should wait 4 seconds after a CT first joins and then check for these kinds of cases (lots of people dead) and respawn them.
Old 03-30-2011 , 00:08   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #28

Version 3.0.4 Released

Changes since 3.0.0:
- Fixed bug where I used the incorrect cookie name for Azelphur's Team Bans plugin leading to a potential server crash
- Switched to AddCommandListener for improved performance on jointeam
- Removed my CTBans & VoiceComm jointeam handling in this plugin
- Fixed bug with classes menu hook on plugin load causing an error
- Fixed bug where spectators would respawn and be able to gunplant in certain situations
- Changed ChangeClientTeam to CS_SwitchTeam
- Fixed bug where plugin would not swap Ts to CT on empty CT team
- Other miscellaneous optimizations
Old 04-11-2011 , 13:56   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
It could be a few things.. the joinclass command could be coming too late. Also, if someone joins T quickly then late-joiners to T and CT won't spawn. At the beginning of the map it should wait 4 seconds after a CT first joins and then check for these kinds of cases (lots of people dead) and respawn them.
Im having same bugg: ppl are getting slayed in the beggining of each mapchange :S can I disable it in any way?
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2011 , 15:09   Re: [CS:S] Jailbreak Team Balance
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by michcio View Post
Im having same bugg: ppl are getting slayed in the beggining of each mapchange :S can I disable it in any way?
Are you using the newest 3.0.4 version?

If so PM me a log file from the beginning of the map showing this and I'll take a look at it.

There is one bug outstanding that I'm aware where a player has to try and change to the opposite team before it will recognize that you've joined. That's why there's a timer that checks if everyone is dead after 4 seconds and takes action. I'm still investigating the root cause of this.