Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-21-2010 , 10:18   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockersoft View Post
can you detect when items are removed from a player inventory?

right now in a trade there's no way to know the player who gave an item, only who received it.
Yes, but not as much info is available.
What sort of info about the item being removed are you after?
Old 12-21-2010 , 10:56   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #22

what I'd like to do is tracking trades between players in the same server.

So for me it's not important to have a OnItemRemovedFromInventory forward with a lot of parameters like OnItemAddedToInventory has, I just need to know the client and globalIndex, everything else can be read later from the OnItemAddedToInventory fired by the player that receives the trade.
Invader Amoto
Old 12-21-2010 , 14:54   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #23

Yeah I'd love something like this, too. And the attributes of the added items.
moiph
Old 12-29-2010 , 19:35   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #24

So I'm trying to load this and I'm seeing:

Code:
[SM] Extension weaponannouncer.ext.so failed to load: InventoryOffset borked up D:

Last edited by moiph; 12-29-2010 at 20:28.
Send a message via AIM to moiph
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-29-2010 , 23:29   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiph View Post
So I'm trying to load this and I'm seeing:

Code:
[SM] Extension weaponannouncer.ext.so failed to load: InventoryOffset borked up D:
That means that it didn't find it in the gamedata file, maybe it got corrupted when you uploaded it to your server?
Remember that you need to restart your server for changes to gamedata files to take effect (after the first load of that file).
Old 12-30-2010 , 00:57   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #26

Restarting the server worked. Thanks (Didn't wanna try to do that earlier as it was full)
Send a message via AIM to moiph
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-10-2011 , 12:26   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockersoft View Post
what I'd like to do is tracking trades between players in the same server.

So for me it's not important to have a OnItemRemovedFromInventory forward with a lot of parameters like OnItemAddedToInventory has, I just need to know the client and globalIndex, everything else can be read later from the OnItemAddedToInventory fired by the player that receives the trade.
I've been doing some research on how the trading system works, and it doesn't look like this will be possible.

As far as I've been able to tell, the item will have a new global index when added to the receiver's backpack.
Old 01-11-2011 , 07:08   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #28

Ah, that's unfortunate.
you mentioned the game exposes only limited info when an item is removed. What data is available?
ltgenkd
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-27-2011 , 00:38   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I plan to release the new plugin / web UI once I am satisfied that no more breaking database changes need to be made and that their are no major bugs.
Any release news yet on the Web UI?
Old 03-05-2011 , 20:43   Re: [TF2] BackpackHook - Forward for when an item is added to the player's inventory.
Reply With Quote #30

globalIndex_string in the forward seems to only contain the sourcemod version thats running. :/

Also, I'd be very interested in a forward that fires when someone has an item removed or traded away, even if it only returns the client index.